TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Postponement of all games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Seems a bit much doesn't it? We've been locked up for two bloody years, don't take away our footy AGAIN!
Yes it's ridiculous.

I had us losing saturday and drawing next Tuesday at best anyway but taking away people's entertainment is ridiculous.

So take people's entertainment away so they can mourn, yet expect them to go to work all week...How's that fair?

What happened to a minutes silence, wearing black armbands etc? 

People die everyday, young children with illnesses unfortunately. Here South Africa people are dying through illnesses, being shot etc, young innocent people. 

The queen did a lot for the country but let's not forget she led a wonderfully privileged life. She led a long healthy wonderful life through her privileged position.

By all means pay our respects etc, but to close everything off for 10 days or whatever is crazy.
(08-09-2022, 10:07 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Seems a bit much doesn't it? We've been locked up for two bloody years, don't take away our footy AGAIN!

Absolutely ridiculous. Let those who want to mourn, mourn but let the rest of us who don't feel the need to weep at the gates of Buck House for the next 10 days get on with the day to day.
Quite right. And if anyone is caught enjoying themselves in any way over the next couple of weeks, the Thought Police will be round to give them a damn good hiding.
(08-09-2022, 10:26 PM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2022, 10:07 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Seems a bit much doesn't it? We've been locked up for two bloody years, don't take away our footy AGAIN!

Absolutely ridiculous. Let those who want to mourn, mourn but let the rest of us who don't feel the need to weep at the gates of Buck House for the next 10 days get on with the day to day.

Maybe there are players who wish to mourn?
Mourning is for those who have suffered real loss. Mass hysteria over the death of someone who most people have never met is bloody ridiculous.

Most people on here cheered on the totally unnecessary lockdowns ffs.

I don’t think we need to cancel anything though, flags at half mast and a State Funeral would be perfectly adequate.

If it was Thailand the whole place would be shut down for weeks with alcohol bans and all sorts, so it could be worse.

It’s only a few days though, then you can all get back to moaning about something else.
(09-09-2022, 07:31 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

I don’t think we need to cancel anything though, flags at half mast and a State Funeral would be perfectly adequate.

If it was Thailand the whole place would be shut down for weeks with alcohol bans and all sorts, so it could be worse.

It’s only a few days though, then you can all get back to moaning about something else.
Nobody cheered them on, Gaffer. People abided them but did not want them. And talking of moaning, you don't do a bad job of it yourself.
I thought you’d be in the vanguard of the moaners, Gaff. Just the sort of thing that gets your goat.
Have I missed something here... I can’t find anything about games being off Saturday?

Yes, I remember the lockdown lovers..
Well the rail strike is off now so they can get to the Brighton palace game... except it might be off. Confusing.
(09-09-2022, 08:05 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Well the rail strike is off now so they can get to the Brighton palace game... except it might be off. Confusing.

Not being anti royalist, but it's also disrespectful to those who had made plans to get there at weekend.

Did everything get cancelled when Diana popped off? I cNt remember.
(09-09-2022, 06:19 AM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-09-2022, 10:26 PM)Jezzer Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe there are players who wish to mourn?

Maybe there are. There will also be Doctors and Nurses who want to mourn but are obliged to work a 16 hour double shift  I'm sure these footballers will be able to put aside their grieving for a couple of hours.
(09-09-2022, 07:43 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]

Nobody cheered them on, Gaffer. People abided them but did not want them. And talking of moaning, you don't do a bad job of it yourself.

75%of the population backed them. The other 25% abided by the rules, under force.
I'm a big supporter of the Monarchy particularly The Queen, but games this weekend should absolutely not be postponed. As she made clear herself over this last year, life goes on as much as normal. What better way to show appreciation and respect for HM than a minute's silence at all games tomorrow, much as was done very respectfully at West Ham and Man U last night. For those who don't support the Monarchy, you don't have to participate. It's called decency.
Now confirmed. All of this weekends Premier league and EFL games have been called off.

Not sure what happens about Tuesday nights game?
It’s for one weekend , get a grip FFS.
(09-09-2022, 10:52 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Now confirmed. All of this weekends Premier league and EFL games have been called off.

Fkn ridiculous. How is it a sign of respect to cancel games and deny people the opportunity to watch a game of football. As well as people who work for clubs, alot of who desperately need the money in this time just to live. We have another 10 days of mourning, god knows what else will be cancelled in that time.
(09-09-2022, 10:57 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It’s for one weekend , get a grip FFS.

It isn’t necessary at all. Get real FFS!
I see the Stock Exchange which has been closed in the past on such occasions has decided to open today.
(09-09-2022, 11:14 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2022, 10:57 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It’s for one weekend , get a grip FFS.

It isn’t necessary at all. Get real FFS!

It’s called showing a mark of respect. That’s if you have any.
(09-09-2022, 11:01 AM)Northstandgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2022, 10:52 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Now confirmed. All of this weekends Premier league and EFL games have been called off.

Fkn ridiculous. How is it a sign of respect to cancel games and deny people the opportunity to watch a game of football. As well as people who work for clubs, alot of who desperately need the money in this time just to live. We have another 10 days of mourning, god knows what else will be cancelled in that time.
It’s only for this weekend, as a sign of respect. I don’t think everything will be postponed for 10 days , maybe ( obviously) the day of the funeral itself.
(09-09-2022, 11:01 AM)Northstandgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]

Tend to agree, don't see how cancelling enjoyment is showing respect. Don't think the queen would have wanted that.
She loved sport and understood what it means.  She hated missing Ascot
No better respect to have a ground full of people showing respect for 5/10 mins and celebrating her life.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5