TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Blackpool score predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We dont usually do well against the tangerines as far as I can remember. Given the sh;t show on Tuesday I'm going for a 2-1 loss.

Hope im wrong.
Win 3-1
3-0 Hiwula hat-trick. In Kenny we trust
Pedalo - You are more correct than you probably realise !

In the Glory Days when I first started watching at Fratton Park (Season 1946/47) when we generally carried all before us, against Blackpool at Fratton Park, Pompey rarely saw a win, at best a draw but more often a defeat.

Even in the 48/49 and 49/50 seasons with the best Pompey team to ever pull on the Blue shirts and white shorts we were unable to beat them - but then again, the Blackpool strike trio of Mudie, Mortenson and Matthews were something very, very special.

I doubt whether any of the 22 who start the game tomorrow would have got in the respective reserves sides of that period, sad how low our standards have slipped to - from hero’s to near zeros
Amazing facts Wighty! Our bogey team for over 60 years then!
2-1 to Pompey ( Harrison, Hiwula )
HEAD TO HEAD
Overall
Pompey: 22 wins
Blackpool: 28 wins
23 draws

At Fratton Park
Pompey: 15 wins
Blackpool: 11 wins
10 draws
(19-02-2021, 06:46 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing facts Wighty! Our bogey team for over 60 years then!

And I always thought it was Sheffield United.
7 (seven) -2
I'll go for a repeat of one of out most famous wins over then. 3-1 in Dec 67, with Portwood, Pointer & Travers scoring in fromt of 35,000 fans.
(19-02-2021, 08:56 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'll go for a repeat of one of out most famous wins over then. 3-1 in Dec 67, with Portwood, Pointer & Travers scoring in fromt of 35,000 fans.

Those were the Days - 35,000!
35,000 ! Only 12,000 short of Pompey v Blackpool in 49/50..... and we lost !

Today I expect a big response from the Pompey players after the Rovers shambles so 3-1
Did you go to that game in 49/50?
Sav was there.
(20-02-2021, 12:26 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]35,000 ! Only 12,000 short of Pompey v Blackpool in 49/50..... and we lost !

Today I expect a big response from the Pompey players after the Rovers shambles so 3-1

Blackpool were the visitors when my Dad took me to Fratton for my first Pompey game. 27 December 1954, gate 42,896. Stanley Matthews didn't play and there was huge disappointment in the crowd as most had come to see him, massive attraction as he was in those days. I remember the great buzz around the ground when the teams were read out and his name was omitted. I saw the game sitting on the gravel running track around the pitch where all youngsters were placed and having to find my Dad afterwards. The smell of Bovril pervaded the air  We won 3-0. I was 13. Dad didn't want to go again. He didn't like the idea of being separated from me all game and then finding it hard to meet up afterwards. So I had to wait another five years or so to take myself.
Great story Pangus. I was only just 5 then!
Depends which Pompey turn up.  If it’s the midweek rabble then I’d go for a 1-3 defeat, but if they’re focused then 3-0 to the boys in blue.
(20-02-2021, 12:41 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-02-2021, 12:26 PM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]35,000 ! Only 12,000 short of Pompey v Blackpool in 49/50..... and we lost !

Blackpool were the visitors when my Dad took me to Fratton for my first Pompey game. 27 December 1954, gate 42,896. Stanley Matthews didn't play and there was huge disappointment in the crowd as most had come to see him, massive attraction as he was in those days. I remember the great buzz around the ground when the teams were read out and his name was omitted. I saw the game sitting on the gravel running track around the pitch where all youngsters were placed and having to find my Dad afterwards. The smell of Bovril pervaded the air  We won 3-0. I was 13. Dad didn't want to go again. He didn't like the idea of being separated from me all game and then finding it hard to meet up afterwards. So I had to wait another five years or so to take myself.

I was at that game also with my Dad and Uncle.My uncle said Matthews didn't fancy being up against Jackie Mansell.
Never did see him play.
I went on my own to the November 56 game...0-0  got most of Blackpool teams autographs except George Farm( goalkeeper) who refused all requests.

Anyway 3-0
Definitely 3-1, I have been overcome by a fit of optimism.

Must stop drinking so early in the day  Smile .
(20-02-2021, 02:43 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely 3-1, I have been overcome by a fit of optimism.

Must stop drinking so early in the day  Smile .

Playing with more desire. Missed a sitter but basically very ordinary stuff.
Dane, Curtis & Cannon playing well, Marquis a complete waste of time as usual. Where's Hiwula, needs to be on for whole of 2nd half.
we've improved as the half progressed. Looking one goal wins it.
(20-02-2021, 03:51 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Dane, Curtis & Cannon playing well, Marquis a complete waste of time as usual. Where's Hiwula, needs to be on for whole of 2nd half.

Indeed.
>Marquis a complete waste of time<
Never, there's several on here that rate him, he is our top scorer after all. Football genius, only bettered by Harrison.
Bluetag, yes he is, and when he's in form he's first of the sheet, but he's been awful for many games now and tell me anything he's done today.
Byers on but how the hell does dozy Gallen think Marquis has played better than Harness. Ridiculous
Pages: 1 2