TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tonight's Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[b]Pompey:[/b] Oluwayemi; Swanson, Freeman, Morrison ©, Hume; Dale, Tunnicliffe, Morrell, Curtis; Scarlett, Pigott
[b]Subs:[/b] Osei-Owusu, Dockerill, Ogilvie, Mingi, Jewitt-White, Hackett, Koroma
Oluwayemi; Swanson, Freeman, Morrison ©, Hume; Dale, Tunnicliffe, Morrell, Curtis; Scarlett, Pigott

Subs: Osei-Owusu, Dockerill, Ogilvie, Mingi, Jewitt-White, Hackett, Koroma
Freeman central defence?
Pouring with rain
(01-11-2022, 07:13 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Freeman central defence?
Not unreasonable - gives him game time
4-4-2 with wing backs but should be playing 3-5-2.
Two in a week for Tunni raises eyebrows
Terrible conditions, driving heavy rain!
1-0 Pompey Curtis after good work by Scarlett.
1-0 Curtis
(01-11-2022, 07:32 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]4-4-2 with wing backs but should be playing 3-5-2.

4-4-2 is normally refered to as a flat back four which is our normal set up. 

5-3-2/3-5-2 is wing back set up which none of our teams play
Oluwayemi looks assured in difficult keeping conditions. Piggots having a mare. Would like to see what Hume and Curtis can do. This game is made for Scarlett to get his scoring touch back.
(01-11-2022, 08:23 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Oluwayemi looks assured in difficult keeping conditions.  Piggots having a mare.  Would like to see what Hume and Curtis can do. This game is made for Scarlett to get his scoring touch back.

When did he have it?
Harsh. Only player in our squad who could play in the premier one day. Remember his fantastic headed goal from Robertson cross?
(01-11-2022, 08:33 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Harsh. Only player in our squad who could play in the premier one day. Remember his fantastic headed goal from Robertson cross?

It’s not harsh, it’s factual. He could play in the premier league one day doesn’t mean he’s been scoring bags of goals for us, nor does a good headed goal.

He’s scored less goals than Ogilvie this season.
(01-11-2022, 08:15 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2022, 07:32 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]4-4-2 with wing backs but should be playing 3-5-2.

4-4-2 is normally refered to as a flat back four which is our normal set up. 

5-3-2/3-5-2 is wing back set up which none of our teams play

But we should have as Plan B. Need to be able to change formations but DC won't do.
Pigott demonstrating why he isn’t replacing Scarlett.
Oluwayemi looking very assured in goal.
Tunnicliffe improved on Saturdays game.

Whoever is directing the filming of the game needs shooting. If you’re going to show a replay then ffs show it when nothing much is happening. Four bloody times, when Pompey were attacking!!!
Forgot to mention that Curtis is doing pretty well, even disregarding his goal.
Often seems our left back gets plenty of goals. I think Lee Brown was leading scorer when he was kicked out. Because we needed a better attacking player apparently. And Curtis was never better than when he played in front of him.
(01-11-2022, 08:45 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Often seems our left back gets plenty of goals. I think Lee Brown was leading scorer when he was kicked out. Because we needed a better attacking player apparently. And Curtis was never better than when he played in front of him.

They had a good partnership early on. Seemed to fade towards the end though, post Browners injury
Another half completed by Morrell.
Good goal
Slightly assisted by Freeman falling on his arris after a 360 airborne spin.
(01-11-2022, 08:38 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2022, 08:33 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Harsh. Only player in our squad who could play in the premier one day. Remember his fantastic headed goal from Robertson cross?

It’s not harsh, it’s factual. He could play in the premier league one day doesn’t mean he’s been scoring bags of goals for us, nor does a good headed goal.

That’s your opinion. Mine is that it’s harsh. Just because it’s what you think does not make it factual. Remember his wonderful finish inside the near post at the ME.
(01-11-2022, 09:04 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2022, 08:38 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

That’s your opinion. Mine is that it’s harsh. Just because it’s what you think does not make it factual. Remember his wonderful finish inside the near post at the ME.

No mine is factual, yours is opinion. He’s scored 3 goals in 15 appearances, less than a defender, that’s not a great record for a striker. I’m sure he will play in the Prem one day but that doesn’t help us and he certainly isn’t good enough to now else he wouldn’t be in L1 putting in mostly average performances (the last 3 words were opinion)
Pages: 1 2