TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Griffiths
Swanson, Raggett, Robertson, Ogilvie
Dale, Mingi, Pack, Koroma,
Bishop, Scarlett

Subs:
Oluwayemi, Hume, Morrison, Tunnicliffe, Pigott,  Hackett, Curtis
Rather have Curtis than Koroma
Rather have Bish and Pigott paired. Think Scarlett should be rested or impact sub.
FFS…with that team it’s three points Derby tonight then. 

Why does he persist with Scarlett, Koroma and Dale? When is Cowley going to wake up and realise that these players do make his best team. Unfortunately, I think it’s going to take a tonking from someone like Derby before the penny finally drops.
Seems crazy to me, hopefully it works this time.
If it isn't written in a text book, Danny doesn't know it
Get Koroma off now. He's done 2 Quasie's already.
Dale playing well.

Stadium looks good on telly. So does the pitch. Crowd sounds good.
Pompey are the blue ones Mikey
Not a bad 1st half. Not sure how it is still 0-0 though. We've got away with a couple of clangers but look much better with Ogilvie and Dale bombing down the wings giving us width and decent balls into the opponents box.

Same old issues at the back though.
same old issue on the left wing too
Get Piggot On.
Been some nice play in parts but would be nice to get a shot on target ffs.
Piggot on only has 6 minutes!
Plus at least six extra
Dale down the right was not so effective in the 2nd half either. After a bright start after the interval for me it was yet another disappointing 2nd half kicking towards the FE in all honesty
Not a bad result or performance. It's the failure to beat the shit teams that is damaging us.

Lots of positives to take from the performance, even it its another draw.
That’s what you get when you only have 1 striker playing. Not a bad performance but we’re heading for mid table again unless DC pulls his finger out.
Piggot needed at least 20 minutes. Scarlett runs around a lot gives the ball away & can't get a shot on target. It sounds like there's a clausein his loan deal that he has to start every game he's fit. Piggot given decent service will score goals. Griffiths nearly got done again on the back post end of 1st halfbut got away with it.
We had no idea how to break Derby down, no idea at all Jackie Weaver.
First shot on target in the 94th minute tells its own story.

A lot of effort but a lack of guile from Pompey. Dozy at the back on occasions too.

Referee made some baffling decisions but that’s par for the course in div 3.
(18-11-2022, 09:56 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad result or performance. It's the failure to beat the shit teams that is damaging us.

Lots of positives to take from the performance, even it its another draw.

It’s starting Scarlett game after game that is damaging us. Only shot on target comes in injury time.
One shot on target in stoppage time - a daisy cutter - is completely fucking shit
(18-11-2022, 10:02 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]One shot on target in stoppage time - a daisy cutter - is completely fucking shit

And yet DC starts Scarlett again. Sigh
I didn't think the Ref did too bad until the last few minutes when he seemed to lose it. The throw in should have been Pompey's, the lino didnt have a clue and therefore didn't flag. The Ref guessed the wrong way. I did comment it was good to see 2 teams having a go rather than Oxford rolling around in agony for stoppages 8 times in the 2nd half (I think it was). If Wycombe go a goal up they are masters of it of course. Totally agree re Scarlett, he should have been replaced a lot earlier
Pages: 1 2