TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Dale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I would keep him simply for his non-stop energy (he ran all night against Bolton) and the fact he is a pain in the backside for opposing players. He does not give up and gets the ball back for the team many times with his particular style of play.
I'd keep him.

Yes he needs to work on his distribution but I'd keep him for his energy and attitude.

He's working flat out and will come good imo.
(01-03-2023, 08:56 AM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]I'd keep him.

Yes he needs to work on his distribution but I'd keep him for his energy and attitude.

I’ll run non stop for 90mins for £2k a week with the same end result. A much cheaper option than Dale, I know who the Eisners would pick!
(01-03-2023, 09:32 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’ll run non stop for 90mins for £2k a week with the same end result. A much cheaper option than Dale, I know who the Eisners would pick!

He does contribute to the build-up and general play.

And I doubt you could run aroud for 90mins lol

I think he'll come good.

His turn and burst of pace is useful. Just needs to work on the final ball.

Its risk going for someone else.

Its not like he's useless.
(01-03-2023, 09:49 AM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]

I think he'll come good.

It’s not like he's useless.

I can do a damn sight longer than 90mins and without a sit down halfway through thank you very much.

I don’t see what the risk is.

And I do like him but if he has so much possession and what he produces isn’t good enough.

If he had an end product he wouldn’t be at Pompey.
(01-03-2023, 09:58 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think he'll come good.

I can do a damn sight longer than 90mins and without a sit down halfway through thank you very much.

And I do like him but if he has so much possession and what he produces isn’t good enough.

You're as fit as a professional footballer?

Fair enough.

Don't think we'll agree on this one.

I guess we will just have to trust in the manager and what he thinks is right.
Maybe, just maybe somebody could coach him. Definitely keep him, if he can add an end product he'll be a major asset.
(01-03-2023, 12:06 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 09:58 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I think he'll come good.

You're as fit as a professional footballer?

Fair enough.

Don't think we'll agree on this one.

I guess we will just have to trust in the manager and what he thinks is right.

I can run not stop for considerably longer than 90 mins with no walking, standing or sitting down having a chat yes.
(01-03-2023, 12:08 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe, just maybe somebody could coach him. Definitely keep him, if he can add an end product he'll be a major asset.

It's not up to us if we keep him.  

Blackpool have shown no indication that they want to get rid of him so he may not even be available and he is under contract there until 2024  so would incur a fee, and it was reported that he cost them 500k. I would not pay anywhere near that for a player with no end product.  I might take him on a free as a squad filler, but no more than that, especially as we have a potentially better player in Lane ready to take his position.
It all depends on who we have lined up to come. In Richard Hughes might have a few different ideas or even Harley with his links from Chelsea might be a good loan or even out of contract decent academy products we could get
(01-03-2023, 04:54 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]It all depends on who we have lined up to come. In Richard Hughes might have a few different ideas or even Harley with his links from Chelsea might be a good loan or even out of contract decent academy products we could get

Hopefully, Harley has a good knowledge of Premier League academies generally, although, obviously, a better knowledge of Chelsea.
Yes because Chelsea are renowned for bringing their nippers through. If it wasn't for Lampard when managing at Derby the likes of Mount etc probably wouldn't have broken through.
Dale absolutely terrorises defenders. His end product is generally not up to the mark but a defender can’t bank on that being the case every time, or they’d just stand aside.

We’ve scored 7 goals in two games and Dale has played a full part in both games. His energy in harrying the opposition is worth his place alone. He was a huge part of the press, yesterday, and he formed some very effective triangles with Rafferty and Tunnicliffe.

Should have scored in that one on one though.
I got all excited when he put a cross along the 6 yard line in the opening minutes.
But after that I'm struggling to recall when he affected the game in such a way again.
A shame no one was anticipating he’d do something right for a change.
(01-03-2023, 06:57 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A shame no one was anticipating he’d do something right for a change.

yeh, very hard to bust a gut to get on the end of a cross when he so rarely puts one in.
Just noticed the stats for Curtis, more than a goal every four games to add to all his assists. With a manager who will play him on the left where he belongs, are we really going to get better than that in to replace him, none of the various loans have come remotely close. And still only 26
Seems incapable of scoring. That’s 30 games now with one goal to his name, ironically with his head. Tunnicliffe snatches at chances whereas Dale just makes wrong decisions, albeit he’s been very unlucky with a couple of shots recently.
Convinced he is Ryan Williams with an Action Man beard.
(05-03-2023, 10:18 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Convinced he is Ryan Williams with an Action Man beard.

I got a lot of stick when I suggested he was another Ryan Williams after his first couple of games. 

Actually, I think now he is a better player than Ryan Williams but with less end product.  It is possible to play well without providing an assist or a goal - most players do that every week - it's just very frustrating when he gets himself ito the right position so often and fails to provide the finish or the pass.  

The question is at 24 is it too late for coaching to change his habits ?  In theory not, but I definitely would not want to pay money to find out.
He’s miles better than Williams but still no end product- yet. I reckon if we get him for nowt in the summer we’ll sign him.
(05-03-2023, 05:15 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]He’s miles better than Williams but still no end product- yet. I reckon if we get him for nowt in the summer we’ll sign him.

Unless they kick him out for free - unlikely seeing as they paid half a miilion -  we can't get him for free until 2024.
If Blackpool are relegated they will either want him back if they lose their better players or look to offload him.

He is probably on c£8k a week as a Championship player - so unless Blackpool give him a golden handshake or we pay a whacking great signing on fee he won't be here next season.

I'm sure that Hughes & Co can unearth a lot better player than "headless chicken" Owen Dale.
Fair one, I thought his contract was up at the end of the season
According to the Snooze, JM has told them that "internal discussions' have been had about the possibilities of keeping the "headless chicken" beyond this season- as John McEnroe would have said .....YCBS.

p.s. Wes Fogden (another headless chicken - remember him) scored two goals in 28 games, we' re going backwards to even consider signing Dale.
He did score 11 league goals for Crewe in L1 2 seasons ago so he has it in him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4