TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Eisners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Are they as bad as lots make out? 

My personal opinion is they are the best owners he have had in decades they haven’t done the hard hat on a digger photo opportunity and the never say they are going to do something unless it’s signed and sealed.

They have made mistakes whilst here maybe being naive trusting people to do their jobs?

No one will ever know how much the budgets are/were be we can all see what ever it was it chunks were wasted on loans and expensive wages on players that are always injured or just not good enough. 

My guess is that’s why Hughes has been brought in. Who built a league 2 promotion team for Forrest green who also brought in rob Edwards who is doing fantastic at Luton now. Maybe he just sees bits of him in john mousinho?

I also believe they know this is a big summer for them and if they don’t back Hughes and mousinho they will look rather stupid.

If they could start their time here again I would say they would bring in an advisor for them.

So are they bad owners?
I agree, but they have had advisors, a CEO and a board of directors.

They don’t run the club on a day to day basis.
I would rather have a financailly stable club than one of boom and bust (or read that as liquidation). We have a club, we nearly didnt at one time.
I am, as most are though, frustrated at the lack of progress on the pitch. I'm sure the owners are too.
We do need some better recruitment. Another year in the third division is purgatory.
(25-04-2023, 08:32 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, but they have had advisors, a CEO and a board of directors.

Did Catlin give good advice?
I’d say 90% IMO
(25-04-2023, 09:26 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-04-2023, 08:32 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, but they have had advisors, a CEO and a board of directors.

Did Catlin give good advice?

Not if he recommended the Chuckle Brothers.
I started watching Pompey in 76 …. We were bust then, and I was doing sponsored walks around the pitch for SOS Pompey.
We then went bust late 80’s and spent most of the 90’s struggling financially and went bust at end of the 90’s 
We then went bust in 2009 …… see the pattern roughly every 10 years bust !

So for me to have had a financially stable club since 2013 we are at the time when we usually have gone bust,  and we are debt free, seeing a stadium and infrastructure being built …. And let’s face it we have bought and spent rubbish on the pitch whatever the budget
Too true Mellows, how many times have fans been asked to dig into their pockets to save our beloved club? Not happened with this lot and at least as you say the old girl is looking a lot better. We all want success on the pitch which I feel will come, hopefully sooner rather than later. By the way a striking mix of Micky Mellows and Alan Biley might be just what we need.
Spot on. The young gobby ones who just remember the prem and one busting, totally miss the point that our club has been one of the least financially well run in the league for decades.
When we lost out to Leicester in the play offs, we saw hem go on to be touted as the model of a well run club while we once more missed out and fell away.
It seemed that just about every other club made the most of the funding available to improve the grounds while we stumbled about under even more poor ownership.

The picture of a Pompey coffin still sticks in my mind's eye.
I think Richard Hughes is going to be a game Changer this summer as well. Signed 4 decent players in January. They haven’t brought him in to not sign players/squad so personally think he gets money to spend.
Too right Micky Mellows - there were times when it seemed the future of PFC was dependant on the next pound being thrown into the bucket.

Thankfully - and that is due to the Eisner's, and prior to that the fans, (the Trust) - those days are history .

We are established, and do have a rainbow somewhere on the horizon !

Somehow, I think that ME will grasp/has grasped the current mood, and will push considerably harder on the pitch next term!
(25-04-2023, 07:36 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]The young gobby ones who just remember the prem and one busting,

Now now, they have their point of reference and you have yours. You both want the same thing. It sounds like they are the most likely out of the two demographics to demand it. Good!
They've done a very good job & brought structure & financial backing to the club.

The team hasn't improved though & too many expensive loan players I think we all agree on.

I'm hoping Hughes has already got his player target list for the Summer & makes some early signings unlike the usual last minute scrambles of other seasons. We also need some good back up players so if we get injuries we can cope much better than early this season when it all fell apart.

Let's hope he brings in quality as well as quantity a tricky mix but given a decent budget I'm sure it's possible.

I'm going to the Wycombe game before anyone says you don't go to games.
I think this summer they will back Hughes. From what I can gather they have always made funds available for players where they can see a return on investment with player development which is the right way to go forward. It will be interesting how high they go regarding initial investment on a player say Aaron Collins will be 1.5 mill would they go that high or are happy with a ceiling of 500k? I’m not saying we will go out and sign Aaron Collins btw he is going to the championship next season.
I see young 19 year old 6ft 5 striker Miles Leaburn scored again for Charlton again today. That’s his 12th goal this season, I used to rate his dad Carl too. He seems like he could be a miles better version of Ollie Hawkins
Get it ‘Mile’s’ is ‘miles’ better than Ollie Hawkins lol. Well it’s a pun on words anyway, I thought it was mildly amusing
(29-04-2023, 04:37 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Get it ‘Mile’s’ is ‘miles’ better than Ollie Hawkins lol. Well it’s a pun on words anyway, I thought it was mildly amusing

drunk Big Grin
Yeah I am
Young Conor scored two more too, that's 26 for the season.
(29-04-2023, 04:44 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Young Conor scored two more too, that's 26 for the season.

And it hurts a bit if I’m honest but as they say we move on
I'm happy with the rate of sustainable progress. I am confident next season will be better than this.
(29-04-2023, 04:32 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I see young 19 year old 6ft 5 striker Miles Leaburn scored again for Charlton again today. That’s his 12th goal this season, I used to rate his dad Carl too. He seems like he could be a miles better version of Ollie Hawkins

What makes you think Charlton would want to sell him ?
(29-04-2023, 06:23 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm happy with the rate of sustainable progress. I am confident next season will be better than this.

17/18 - 8th
18/19 - 4th
19/20 - 4th
20/21 - 8th
21/22 - 10th
22/23 - ?
I reckon we’ll beat Wycombe and come 8th
Scumslayer, you either didn't read what I said and just posted league position or you're not addressing the issue holistically.

Do you think since 2017 that the club is set up better than it was taking into account all factors?
Pages: 1 2 3