TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Transfer Rumors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I’ve seen recently:

Tommy Leigh from Accrington
Gavin Whyte from Cardiff
Lee Bonis from Larne

Thoughts? Anymore to add?
Mousinho has denied any knowledge of Lonis, so that looks like agent talk.
(04-05-2023, 12:18 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Mousinho has denied any knowledge of Lonis, so that looks like agent talk.

We all know 99% of transfer rumors are bullshit DB.
I think there’ll be a few signings from Ireland especially as we now have a few ‘scouts’ over there.
Nothing against Irish players but the prospect of them being in or near their squad for international games leaves us with a disrupted fixture list and unwanted breaks in the season not good for team momentum.

Personally not a fan of teams in the lower leagues being allowed to postpone matches for international call ups. But hey, just an opinion that’s all. I remember Cowley liking this option.
Joe redmond was linked in January centre back from LOI
(04-05-2023, 12:46 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing against Irish players but the prospect of them being in or near their squad for international games leaves us with a disrupted fixture list and unwanted breaks in the season not good for team momentum.

Personally not a fan of teams in the lower leagues being allowed to postpone matches for international call ups. But hey, just an opinion that’s all. I remember Cowley liking this option.

Nothing to worry about there - they won't be good Irish players  Smile
To me I would have no international breaks, if you must, arrange mid week cup games to match up.
But why have a squad if you are never to use those players?
(04-05-2023, 07:03 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of any of these

Messi is leaving PSG, Eisners are too fucking tight though.
(04-05-2023, 07:39 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2023, 12:46 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing against Irish players but the prospect of them being in or near their squad for international games leaves us with a disrupted fixture list and unwanted breaks in the season not good for team momentum.

If so it would show a serious lack of commitment and ambition by our owners.
(04-05-2023, 08:52 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2023, 07:39 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]

If so it would show a serious lack of commitment and ambition by our owners.

Absolutely (with very serious emoji)
(04-05-2023, 07:03 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Never heard of any of these

Tommy Leigh. One of our own.
All Irish players are shit, as if anybody has ever heard of a decent let alone famous one !!!
(05-05-2023, 02:21 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]All Irish players are shit, as if anybody has ever heard of a decent let alone famous one !!!

There’s some decent talent in the league of Ireland. It’s crazy we haven’t signed anyone else from there after Curtis. Definitely league one level
(05-05-2023, 02:21 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]All Irish players are shit, as if anybody has ever heard of a decent let alone famous one !!!

I trust this is tongue in cheek comment? Our very own Alan McLoughlin, Roy Keane, George Best, Liam Brady, Robbie Keane, Shay Given, Paul McGrath, Dennis Irwin and Pat Jennings to name but a few excellent Irish footballers.
(04-05-2023, 11:39 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve seen recently:

Tommy Leigh from Accrington
Gavin Whyte from Cardiff
Lee Bonis from Larne

Thoughts? Anymore to add?

I know nobody cares, but it's rumours, not 'rumors'. Bloody American autocorrect is destroying proper English.
(05-05-2023, 04:11 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I trust this is tongue in cheek comment? Our very own Alan McLoughlin, Roy Keane, George Best, Liam Brady, Robbie Keane, Shay Given, Paul McGrath, Dennis Irwin and Pat Jennings to name but a few excellent Irish footballers.

Who?
Bigsmokeblue I’m being sarcastic, I actually come from N.I ( Norn Iron) and we have always produced very good players, not bad for a country the same size as Yorkshire. To use an Northern Irish expression, it would appear certain posters on this thread are talking out their holes ( and not the one in their heads).
Don’t forget Gerry Armstrong
Niall Quinn was a pretty damn good old-fashioned centre forward.
(05-05-2023, 09:12 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Bigsmokeblue I’m being sarcastic, I actually come from N.I ( Norn Iron) and we have always produced very good players, not bad for a country the same size as Yorkshire. To use an Northern Irish expression, it would appear certain posters on this thread are talking out their holes ( and not the one in their heads).

Can’t tell which end is which, with some.
Colin Clarke.
May be worth making bids for a couple of the Wycombe players now that their parachute money has been spent. Either Scowen or Wing + McCleary.
Clarke Robertson going
(08-05-2023, 01:35 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]May be worth making bids for a couple of the Wycombe players now that their parachute money has been spent. Either Scowen or Wing + McCleary.

If McLeary wasn’t so old, I’d be tempted. I liked the look of him. Didn’t really understand why they took him off but perhaps he was tiring.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8