TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Silly season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are we going to moan about for the next few months?

I can't imagine trying to fill the Snooze columns and online for months while all the readers moan and analyse the spelling and grammar.
Probably some player the news has linked us with and we say we have no interest in or they sign for another club! That will be the owners fault due to a lack of budget probably will be on most people’s agenda over then next couple of months
The Eisners being cheap, missing out on players to L2 clubs we were never interested in, not signing players within 30 seconds of the window opening, the Eisners being cheap, the Eisners being cheap, claiming to know to the penny what transfer fees have been paid, player release clauses, the Eisners being cheap, claiming to know what wages we’ve offered a player who has gone elsewhere but we never even made an offer.

The Eisners being cheap.
I think I will enjoy tennis and cricket and ignore speculation and rumours until early August. Although I doubt if I will be able to resist the a peep on here…
Pompeyg defending the Eisners and slagging off the Cowleys ;-)
(05-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]What are we going to moan about for the next few months?

I can't imagine trying to fill the Snooze columns and online for months while all the readers moan and analyse the spelling and grammar.

I'm particularly looking forward to the unveiling of the new generic Nike training top/official Portsmouth fc replica shirt....
(05-05-2023, 05:01 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Pompeyg defending the Eisners and slagging off the Cowleys ;-)

I prefer stating facts rather than defending.
You could always try the Politics and Brexit section, but it's a bit weird in there...
(05-05-2023, 05:42 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2023, 03:24 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]What are we going to moan about for the next few months?

I'm particularly looking forward to the unveiling of the new generic Nike training top/official Portsmouth fc replica shirt....

The low light of the year!
(06-05-2023, 06:03 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Ashes summer to look forward to. Fuck the football for the next few months.

It’s never got that bad, for me.
Probably the Eisners getting it in the neck when they've quietly been going about their business doing exactly what they said they'd do.
There'll be the usual doom mongers on here using term like "make or break summer", "a disconnect with the fans", "not getting our club", "a massive season coming up", etc, etc, when in reality it's pretty much going to be 'crank the handle and off we go again!' Doubtful it's much different at most of the other 91 clubs, barring the obvious, and of course Wrexham who've got proper yank owners spending oodles of dosh.
Expect constant The News "stories" about:
 - a player no-one but the News thought we we were once "linked" with...is moving some place no-one but The News cares about.
 - the supposed transfer budget of another club in League One
 - a dull quote from a former PFC manager/player.
 - a rumour about Cowley being on some club's shortlist for manager
 -  exclusive interviews with its own staff reporters about their view of something Pompey-related
 - work on installing a new microwave oven in the kitchen at FP
 -  exclusive interviews with the cleaners

Plus loads of nostalgia pieces.

Have I missed anything?
(06-05-2023, 09:35 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Expect constant The News "stories" about:
 - a player no-one but the News thought we we were once "linked" with...is moving some place no-one but The News cares about.
 -  exclusive interviews with its own staff reporters about their view of something Pompey-related

Have I missed anything?
There'll be old Fellatio slagging off Pigott.
(06-05-2023, 09:35 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Expect constant The News "stories" about:

Have I missed anything?

Pompey sign young non league player who we never see or hear anything about ever again. People say he’s ‘one for the future’ (one for the future my arse)
We have the clear out over the next two weeks to take an interest in.
(05-05-2023, 03:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]The Eisners being cheap, missing out on players to L2 clubs we were never interested in, not signing players within 30 seconds of the window opening, the Eisners being cheap, the Eisners being cheap, claiming to know to the penny what transfer fees have been paid, player release clauses, the Eisners being cheap, claiming to know what wages we’ve offered a player who has gone elsewhere but we never even made an offer.

The Eisners being cheap.

“Cheap” or “being cheap” are American expressions! Buying cheap and being, say, tight fisted are not. Which one of the Eisners are you exactly?
We seem late in announcing the sT arrangements, maybe because of the Fratton End standing thing to sort out?

Have I missed anything?

The annual mouthwatering home friendly against “exciting” opposition who will “test Pompey’s resolve this season” - expect Bristol City.
abolish all pre season "big" friendlies. Start the midweek cups before the league starts and get the early rounds played instead of pointless friendlies. That would free up a few midweek nights for catching up league call offs and the like.
Onthe positive side. I heard the Andy Moon interview with our CEO who said all ground improvements should be finished next February with an increased capacity of 21,000. That's enough for next season I believe. Also, they are going to invest in the team which is what ME has stated on Twitter. They've realised we've been stagnating & now need to invest in the team & move forward. The main thing is we are currently debt free which may need to change slightly unless ME is prepared to put in his own money.
I would be very surprised if they loaded any debt, they seem unusually set on putting money in rather than "lending" it until they get bored. Pretty unique among the owners in my lifetime.
(08-05-2023, 01:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Onthe positive side. I heard the Andy Moon interview with our CEO who said all ground improvements should be finished next February with an increased capacity of 21,000. That's enough for next season I believe. Also, they are going to invest in the team which is what ME has stated on Twitter. They've realised we've been stagnating & now need to invest in the team & move forward. The main thing is we are currently debt free which may need to change slightly unless ME is prepared to put in his own money.

The reason we are debt free is because ME has put 28m of his 'own' money in (via Tornante) all as equity rather than as a debt to the club. I see no reason to think they will change that philosophy,
Is it really £28m?
(08-05-2023, 10:21 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-05-2023, 03:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]The Eisners being cheap, missing out on players to L2 clubs we were never interested in, not signing players within 30 seconds of the window opening, the Eisners being cheap, the Eisners being cheap, claiming to know to the penny what transfer fees have been paid, player release clauses, the Eisners being cheap, claiming to know what wages we’ve offered a player who has gone elsewhere but we never even made an offer.

The Eisners being cheap.

“Cheap” or “being cheap” are American expressions! Buying cheap and being, say, tight fisted are not. Which one of the Eisners are you exactly?

I’m an 81 year old billionaire who spends his time on TrueBlueArmy.

I’m only here to see your plans for a plane and banner.
(09-05-2023, 06:05 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2023, 10:21 AM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]

The Eisners being cheap.

I’m an 81 year old billionaire who spends his time on TrueBlueArmy.

I’m only here to see your plans for a plane and banner.

Well, on that score Michael you can relax. Banners hanging from aeroplanes are so last century and not my kind of thing.
Pages: 1 2