TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: FFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can’t believe we’ve signed Saydee from Bournemouth. He was shocking last season at Hawks. Let’s hope something has happened in the 12 month’s in between to improve him greatly. Normally I’m quite optimistic about all things Pompey but this is a hard one to swallow. I hope JM proves me wrong.
(14-06-2023, 06:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Can’t believe we’ve signed Saydee from Bournemouth. He was shocking last season at Hawks. Let’s hope something has happened in the 12 month’s in between to improve him greatly. Normally I’m quite optimistic about all things Pompey but this is a hard one to swallow. I hope JM proves me wrong.

Probably best not to judge his entire career on 1 preseason friendly on trial.
I agree but he was poor. I really hope I’m proved wrong and his loan spell at Shrewsbury has worked in our favour
(14-06-2023, 06:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-06-2023, 06:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Can’t believe we’ve signed Saydee from Bournemouth. He was shocking last season at Hawks. Let’s hope something has happened in the 12 month’s in between to improve him greatly. Normally I’m quite optimistic about all things Pompey but this is a hard one to swallow. I hope JM proves me wrong.

Probably best not to judge his entire career on 1 preseason friendly on trial.

No, this sort of judgement is usually right on the button.
FFS Indeed.

2019–2023
AFC Bournemouth
(0)
→ Poole Town (loan)
(2)
2020–2021
→ Weymouth (loan)
(0)
→ Burton Albion (loan)
(0)
→ Shrewsbury Town (loan)
(7)
I've got a novel idea, how about we give the lad a chance?
Eat what we kill...
Did you think that anything would change?
I agree Tomsk, I was only basing my opinion on what I’ve seen, however, I really hope the lad has improved in the last 12 mths and becomes a success for us

I went to that friendly at H & W & he looked quite useful in the 1st half - held the ball up well &  laid it off to other players. Second half he faded right out of it, but it was very  early in pre-season & match fitness levels were low. 

I'd go on this from a couple of Shrewsbury Snooze clone journos. They talk about Saydee from about 1.10 for a couple of mins. 

https://youtu.be/Mx7uglqt4hs
(15-06-2023, 03:58 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]

I went to that friendly at H & W & he looked quite useful in the 1st half - held the ball up well &  laid it off to other players. Second half he faded right out of it, but it was very  early in pre-season & match fitness levels were low. 

I'd go on this from a couple of Shrewsbury Snooze clone journos. They talk about Saydee from about 1.10 for a couple of mins. 

That assessment of the Havant game would have more convincing if Saydee had played in the first half. He didn't. He came on for Harness at half time.
(15-06-2023, 04:07 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

That assessment of the Havant game would have more convincing if Saydee had played in the first half. He didn't. He came on for Harness at half time.

Andre wisdom played that game also!!
I actually thought wisdom was worth a punt.
I’m not going to say it, Giles might though.

Ha, Ha you're WRONG again Dump Blue !!

...  and the joke that keeps giving Pompeyg(ormless)100 % like your post the clueless coont  Big Grin Big Grin

I'll accept an apology  Big Grin

Here are some highlights of that friendly. Saydee was playing in the first half - the commentator mentions him quite early on - then there is a chip from him later in the first half that went over the bar......

Tunicliffe & Curtis scored first half & Vincent at the other end in the 2nd half....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nOiMwTvmT_M
(15-06-2023, 06:59 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]

Here are some highlights of that friendly. Saydee was playing in the first half - the commentator mentions him quite early on - then there is a chip from him later in the first half that went over the bar......

Tunicliffe & Curtis scored first half & Vincent at the other end in the 2nd half....

You have an apology because my first glance at the team sheet on the OS saw no triallist in the line up, but Triallist A did play and that must have been him.   

But the apology is immediately withdrawn  Wink  because he went off at half-time to be replaced by Gifford so he didn't fade in the second half.  The one thing I do remember rightly about the game was that we took all 11 players off at half time and had a new team in the second half ...which is what alerted me to thinking your comment must be wrong in the first place. 

But yes, he played first half , and I remember his shot just over the bar from near the half-way line being his only worthwhlile contribution. I just thought it was in the second half.   

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/matches/f...22/#report

...  and the joke that keeps giving Pompeyg(ormless)100 % like your post the clueless coont  Big Grin Big Grin

Someone’s a stroppy little man this evening.

Love you too x x x
Ha, Ha, me Stroppy - well I'd rather be that than gobby like you pompeyg(ormless) 100%.

Oh & I'm not one of your midfield midgets either - so not little at all & not big either.

A bit of advice for a whippersnapper like you who has been on this board for less than 18 months to wind your neck in ..you're making yourself look a right coont.
(15-06-2023, 09:43 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, Ha, me Stroppy - well I'd rather be that than gobby like you pompeyg(ormless) 100%.

Oh & I'm not one of your midfield midgets either - so not little at all & not big either.

A bit of advice for a whippersnapper like you who has been on this board for less than 18 months to wind your neck in  ..you're making yourself look a right coont.

Bless, you are so insignificant I couldn’t even remember why I thought you were a twat, thanks for reminding me!

If I’m ever desperate enough to need advice off someone of your low standing, I’ll jump in front of the 8.02.

I’ve been on this board since Rivals sweetheart. You had enough of making a coont of yourself on the politics board?
(15-06-2023, 09:43 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]you're making yourself look a right coont.

Like you did on DSA?

Maybe you should wind your fucking neck in!
(15-06-2023, 10:16 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-06-2023, 09:43 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]you're making yourself look a right coont.

Like you did on DSA?

Maybe you should wind your fucking neck in!

This sounds interesting….
Some people keep cats. Others prefer dogs. On here, we have a pet fuckwit who can't use airquotes properly.
(15-06-2023, 07:18 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

You have an apology because my first glance at the team sheet on the OS saw no triallist in the line up, but Triallist A did play and that must have been him.   

But the apology is immediately withdrawn  Wink  because he went off at half-time to be replaced by Gifford so he didn't fade in the second half.  The one thing I do remember rightly about the game was that we took all 11 players off at half time and had a new team in the second half ...which is what alerted me to thinking your comment must be wrong in the first place. 

But yes, he played first half , and I remember his shot just over the bar from near the half-way line being his only worthwhlile contribution. I just thought it was in the second half.   

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/matches/f...22/#report

Two plonkers for the price of one? Love it!
Ah, good morning Cunning, ain't that the truth !
Back on subject, Neil Allen today says Saydee had a impressive cameo against Hawks and then played against Gosport.

He goes on to describe his performance at Havant as eye-catching and powerful.
It was eye catching. It was 45 mins nearly 12 mths ago so I’m sure ( & hoping), the lad’s improved a lot. Hopefully we’ll find out soon.
Pages: 1 2