TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Panutche Camara
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As long as his wages are really cheap, that’ll be fine. A squad player at best. Too slow, too profligate in front of goal. Bishop does all the dirty work for him and makes Pigott look far better than he really is, to some people. Small wonder that the games he started in, he invariably got taken off. He’s like Jacobs, without the ability.
The Pig will go to Oxford or Derby and Camara will come here!
Well that's what I think. I have been wrong quite often yo be fair!
Not sure what the last bit means, apart from being another random insult at the lad. Do you mean he's always injured? And what % of the time he was on the pitch do you think he had Bish doing all the hard work for him? Was he shagging your mrs or something?
Piggott didn't impress me tbh, so slow & looked a bit disinterested I thought.
Camara-not sure tbh. He suffered a bad injury & I thought Mousinho ruled him out.
JM has said he’s happy with the striker situation and doesn’t look to strengthen it so I doubt very much we’ll sign him especially as he’s not really suited for the No10 role ( or didn’t appear to be). Not sure about Camara, he’s a cheap option( loan), so could be worth a punt. Personally, I think JM & RH have other aces up their sleeves.
(09-07-2023, 05:33 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2023, 02:59 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]What is the difference between an 8 & a 10.

Minus 2

Plus 2
Gone to Charlton.
They are doing good business now.
Good. And another one who isn't coming here is Isaak Davies. 
I'm hoping that as the season approaches, better candidates than these will become available to fill the striker, No.10 role and back up keeper.
(19-07-2023, 08:41 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Good. And another one who isn't coming here is Isaak Davies. 
I'm hoping that as the season approaches, better candidates than these will become available to fill the striker, No.10 role and back up keeper.

Where is Isaak Davies going ?  

I see he was left behind from their trip to Spain, but with Championship clubs interested perhaps he was always aiming a bit high for us ?
I still think we’ll get Tommy Leigh & Bernard, and loans for a GK and a left winger cum striker.
(19-07-2023, 10:13 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I still think we’ll get Tommy Leigh & Bernard, and loans for a GK and a left winger cum striker.
I admire your optimism!
I also admire your optimism bluetag
We’ll we’ve just got the left sided striker on loan
(19-07-2023, 10:27 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2023, 10:13 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I still think we’ll get Tommy Leigh & Bernard, and loans for a GK and a left winger cum striker.
I admire your optimism!

Lincoln are after Tommy Leigh, and I don't think we would have signed Poole if we thought there was any chance of getting Bernard. He'll get a championship club.
I wonder if this was the wrong Camara/Kamara and is Chinese whispers gone wrong
More than likely, Slayer. Rumour mill gone wrong.
As noted above, Charlton are building steadily. Looking like another very competitive season with us, Derby, Charlton, Barnsley, Bolton, Blackpool, Oxford, Peterborough, maybe Reading, & Wigan (-8) plus a surprise package or two.
All pushing for the top 6.
(19-07-2023, 01:00 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
I admire your optimism!

Lincoln are after Tommy Leigh, and I don't think we would have signed Poole if we thought there was any chance of getting Bernard. He'll get a championship club.

I don’t think Bernard is comfortable enough on the ball, for the championship. He absolutely flapped with it at his feet, the first couple of games. He made Raggett look class, coming out of defense.
Vastly overrated by someone on here.
(19-07-2023, 07:15 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
I admire your optimism!

I don’t think Bernard is comfortable enough on the ball, for the championship. He absolutely flapped with it at his feet, the first couple of games. He made Raggett look class, coming out of defense.

He has already played nearly 30 games in the Championship, for a club that he might well end up back at.
(19-07-2023, 04:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]As noted above, Charlton are building steadily. Looking like another very competitive season with us, Derby, Charlton, Barnsley, Bolton, Blackpool, Oxford, Peterborough, maybe  Reading, & Wigan (-8) plus a surprise package or two.
All pushing for the top 6.

Desperate to finally reach the Championship, and reading that list, my glass-half-empty side is saying ffs. 

But on glass half full, it's great - ups and downs big competition all the way, and pushing for top 6 is a lot more interesting than the majority of Premier clubs pushing for top 17.
(19-07-2023, 07:41 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
I admire your optimism!

He has already played nearly 30 games in the Championship, for a club that he might well end up back at.
A valid point, Deep, but he didn’t stay there (the championship) and instead went down to div 1, with us. For my money, he didn’t excel with us either. He wasn’t awful (when he eventually got going) but I saw far better defenders in the teams around us and I certainly don’t think he was as good as Towler or Raggett.
(19-07-2023, 09:14 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2023, 07:41 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2023, 10:27 AM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]I admire your optimism!

A valid point, Deep, but he didn’t stay there (the championship) and instead went down to div 1, with us. For my money, he didn’t excel with us either. He wasn’t awful (when he eventually got going) but I saw far better defenders in the teams around us and I certainly don’t think he was as good as Towler or Raggett.

Hull wanted to sign him but he got injured and returned to Utd. He came to us to get his fitness back.
Could have got it back with Hull.

Were we really that desperate that we borrowed an unfit player? Bloody hell!
Maybe that’s why he only got on the pitch ten times for us. Either that or our other options were better.
Pages: 1 2 3