TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 10th new signing…Regan Poole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just been confirmed on OS Twitter page and Andrew Moon.

The 25 year old centre back joins on a free from Lincoln. Bye bye to Dishon Bernard.

Now confirmed on OS:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023...or-pompey/
Decent signing.....a fighter who gives 100 per cent.........tough battler.
Lincoln fans seem to have expected him to go to a championship side.
(10-07-2023, 10:22 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Lincoln fans seem to have expected him to go to a championship side.

I read the same and quite a coup of a signing. He was voted their player of the season 2021-2022. Former Man U player too. We should be rightly very happy with this signing.
He can play right back or defensive midfielder as well, so good cover for Pack.
So does this mean Raggett is off, Swanson will go out on loan to get experience & what of D'shon Bernard?

Lincoln wanted to keep but he turned down their offer & appears Sheff Wed were very interested a few weeks ago.
I would read into this that Bernard has gone bye bye. We can't wait forever for a player. He's known for months and months that we wanted him. He didn't want us so we moved on. 

I hope Regan is better than the last CB we signed from Lincoln.  Tongue
Who said we wanted Bernard?

I’m not fussed.
Who was that? We signed Raggers from Norwich, didn’t we? Pretty good servant so far with 160 games, missing about 1 through injury and winning player of the year
(11-07-2023, 01:28 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Who said we wanted Bernard?

I’m not fussed.

JM did I seem to recall.
(10-07-2023, 10:02 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Just been confirmed on OS Twitter page and Andrew Moon.

The 25 year old centre back joins on a free from Lincoln. Bye bye to Dishon Bernard.

Now confirmed on OS:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023...or-pompey/

Rumour has it we secured the signing by throwing in a box of curly witless to seal the deal.

At least our remaining first teamers from last season won't have much to worry about.
(11-07-2023, 06:39 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m not fussed.

JM did I seem to recall.

The same JM who said he wanted to sign Dale permanently?
Maybe D’Shon was a smoke screen or JM/RH found out that wanted too much £ or bigger clubs were prepared to offer him more. Either way this looks like it could be a good signing. I’ve never seen the lad play but going by website bumf he seems well though of.
Just need that No10 unless JM is going to ditch 4231 for 433.
(11-07-2023, 07:33 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m not fussed.

JM did I seem to recall.

He wasn’t going to say dale had no future at the club a watch the player down tools!

I’m not fussed.

JM did I seem to recall.

Yeah, what’s your point?
Moooooan
Two decent players in each position. You don't get promoted with the best first eleven, you get promoted with the best squad. It is a very long season.
Brick by brick and this squad does genuinely seem to be improving week by week.
Last season we had a first team good enough for top 6, injuries proved the squad was not good enough in that middle dip. and surprisingly we have kept the first team pretty much. Apart from the two ineffective wingers and a very good keeper.
(11-07-2023, 09:01 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m not fussed.

JM did I seem to recall.

Yeah, what’s your point?

He hasn’t signed either of them so there’s not much point in setting any store by what he’s said in the past. Is that a fair assessment?
Did he say that about Dale when he was still here playing, or after he left?
I can't recall, but managers often big up players to try and lift their confidence.
(11-07-2023, 09:38 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Did he say that about Dale when he was still here playing, or after he left?
I can't recall, but managers often big up players to try and lift their confidence.
Indeed they do
(10-07-2023, 10:22 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Lincoln fans seem to have expected him to go to a championship side.

Poole and his agent thought Champ  but the reality was there were no takers.Doesn`t have that finess on the ball to settle in the Champ  but will impact a game with his bravery and very decent in the air.
Played right back and was like a fish out of water and reverted into a defensive three where he performed well.
Fans will take to this lad as he puts his body on the line....you can`t ask for more but don`t expect Bobby MOORE when ball at foot.
Oftentimes used as an areial target from goal kicks to win ball in opposition half......above average aerially,great spring off a standing start.
goal contribution low.
Decent signing.
Raggett v Poole will be close for the RCB position.  I'd expect Raggett to start there but Poole to take his chance when he gets it and oust him in the first few months.  Good competition now for all places in defence. (except goalkeeper, but presumably another will join soon. 

Bernard was always unlikely as soon as there was championship interest.
We can have the Towel next to the Poole!
(11-07-2023, 10:59 AM)tl73 Wrote: [ -> ]We can have the Towel next to the Poole!

Bastard!

That’s not bad.
I don't get it.
Towler, Towel, Poole, Pool, swim…
Pages: 1 2