TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Nike like control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read a story about the England women's goalkeeper.
As it does not fit Nike's marketing strategy, anyone who wants to, cannot buy her World Cup replica top. An outfield top, yes, but not the GK top.
I'm no great fan of the women's game, but if they are to be paid as professionals then they need to be able to sell as many tops as possible. 

Just seems that Nike do their own thing and ignore what the customer/club wants. Not just for us mid sized clubs.

I really hope the club will listen and ditch them at the end of the season when the contract is up.
I read that wondering why the hell it was on the front page of the bbc news website.

Nike are listening to the customers and there clearly isn’t the demand for it, if there was then they would make it.

It is a heartbreaking story and I just hope she can come through this tragedy.
(21-07-2023, 10:48 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I read that wondering why the hell it was on the front page of the bbc news website.

Nike are listening to the customers and there clearly isn’t the demand for it, if there was then they would make it.

It is a heartbreaking story and I just hope she can come through this tragedy.

I agree with the bottom line
But still think we need to ditch Nike as they want all the control over design, sizes made available etc
As regards size, as I am very tall, I've known for 40 odd years that sales are not for me. No retailer stocks enough large and above, sales are always full of medium size.
Even with the retro shirts, we only go up to XXL (I don't think that's Nike's fault by the way)
I’m a medium and sales are always full of small or XL!

The club were happy with the contract with Nike at the time of signing and it obviously makes sense to them.

I honestly couldn’t care who makes the kit and really what it looks like as long as it’s blue shirt, white shorts and red socks. I haven’t bought one for 20+ years. They are now an absolute rip off and that would be the case whoever makes them.

Surely if are just tall and not a fatty then XXL would be like wearing a double bed sheet?
I am no longer the 34 waist that I was a very long time ago.
Its about the length after it has been washed most of the time, sadly the large sizes tend to shrink to short and very wide.
Fair enough, the old shirts I have are still in the condition they were bought in after being worn a load in my younger years.

Guess the Chinese kids aren’t making them like they used to!

I find the price of all kits eyewateringly expensive. Spurs we’re charging £75 last season ffs.
The demand for women’s replica is probably very minimal so why would they make more kits to dilute the already minimal demand
That's Nothing Englaand cricket is Charging £95 for an England shirt - Bloody scandelous !
(21-07-2023, 03:20 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]The demand for women’s replica is probably very minimal so why would they make more kits to dilute the already minimal demand

I certainly get that.
But should not the england set up decide how many shirts they want, the way the article read was that Nike just tell you what you're getting.
(21-07-2023, 04:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-07-2023, 03:20 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]The demand for women’s replica is probably very minimal so why would they make more kits to dilute the already minimal demand

I certainly get that.
But should not the england set up decide how many shirts they want, the way the article read was that Nike just tell you what you're getting.

Then they should have had that written in to the contract.  Nike don’t just roll up and decide what’s going to happen.

I expect Nike would have agreed to produce 10k shirts if the fa bought the 9995 shirts that remained unsold.
I read that both Adidas and Nike have not made GK shirts (jerseys I call them) for sale at this WC, it's not part of their commercial strategy. With the potential markets in say USA, Aus/NZ and England for starters I was amazed to read that
Shirts are for the players on the pitch.
They are indeed and I really can’t imagine why anyone would want the keepers top.
"The slim-fit shirt is made from 100 per cent recycled polyester and part of Nike’s 'Move to Zero' initiative, which sees melted plastic bottles turned into high-quality yarn"

"Plastic is Fantastic" but "slim fit" is not good for our Tubs o' Lard Supporters Big Grin

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023...-sale-now/
I see on fb our new away shirts are being favourably welcomed.
(21-07-2023, 07:06 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I see on fb our new away shirts are being favourably welcomed.

Yes I was somewhat surprised at the reaction.

I’m not the target market but it looks weird to me.
Grown men, football shirts. Christ. Again.
(21-07-2023, 07:06 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I see on fb our new away shirts are being favourably welcomed.

as long as our players can see the grey, which Man Utd could not a few years back.
(21-07-2023, 07:25 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Grown men, football shirts. Christ. Again.

Then again though Slayer, I get comments like 'Grown men, football' with regards to the whole lot of it. The only thing missing is 'shirts'. Hopefully that'll never be the case, mind.
(21-07-2023, 08:04 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

as long as our players can see the grey, which Man Utd could not a few years back.

And, with regards to the cricket posts, it's not surprising Mancunians can't pick out grey through their weather.

Mind you, I think they were at our friend's that day, so might've just been the general atmosphere

That was more then a few years ago.... I was still in school.

I would like you're definition of a few.... When it come to the pubWink

It won't be a problem, they are mainly white with a partial light grey tiger print. The Manure kit IIRC was  shades of battleship grey shirt, shorts & socks. Ive just had a look and it was 1995/6 season - so 28 yrs ago !!
28 years!
I'm getting old, easier to remember things from back then than 5 minutes ago.
(22-07-2023, 11:19 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]

It won't be a problem, they are mainly white with a partial light grey tiger print. The Manure kit IIRC was  shades of battleship grey shirt, shorts & socks. Ive just had a look and it was 1995/6 season - so 28 yrs ago !!

So it was only yesterday, then. Time is relative, of course, the older you get, the shorter it is.
(22-07-2023, 01:26 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-07-2023, 11:19 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]

So it was only yesterday, then. Time is relative, of course, the older you get, the shorter it is.

Slim-fit away top? Have these Nike feckers have ever been to Portsmouth???
Pages: 1 2