TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Undefeated, best goal difference, one point off top
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mousinho out
Yeah Mousinho out! lol
And to top it off Scum lose 5-0 at the Mackems
(02-09-2023, 04:18 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]And to top it off Scum lose 5-0 at the Mackems

Fantastic results all round today!
A result that will do their GD no end of good. May there be many more like it.
If we want a song about our manager we need to learn his first name.
Today makes a solid start into a decent one.
Good cheer at half time in Fp when they announced the Scum score.. Agent Baz lol
9 goals scores in the league so far and Bishop only 3 of them. Better spread of goals than last season when we were too reliant on him.  Not a criticism of Bishop's start by the way. A goal every other game is always a good ratio for a centre forward and if anything I think he is looking a better player than at this time last year.
He put in a really good shift today and won almost every header. Deserved his goal.
Watching the way he heads for goal is a really unusual these day. Actually actively uses his neck to head the ball and directs it, even when having his shirt pulled off.
Fantastic result today!!! Expect more teams to pummel us down their left. Thought the lads recovered well and the crowd stayed positive.
Equal on goal difference with Barnsley
Do that for the rest of the season and we won't be far away.
(05-09-2023, 07:13 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Equal on goal difference with Barnsley
Do that for the rest of the season and we won't be far away.

And considering Barnsley won 7-0 first day....
Having said all of that, Peterborough look unlikely to be in the running this season with a very young squad.
And Orient let in another three at home this weekend.
But you can only beat what is on the pitch.
Orient should be fine, with their outstanding goalscorer.

I wish we’d kept hold of him.
Steady as we go, and looking promising.

I would suggest that if we stay in an elevated position the injury list will also erode - seems to happen for successful clubs.
This is all quite level headed and pretty positive stuff. Don't forget though we're always only one game away from a disastrous 0-0 with some lowly minnow that will bring on a meltdown on here.
Great to see such positivity. In the interests of balance and just reporting what everyone has seen with their own eyes, we haven’t torn up any trees yet.

Dodgy draws against minnows.
A very fortunate 4-0 which was very flattering.
A reasonable game against Exeter.
A reasonably good hour against Peterborough, after having been made to look less than average for the first 30 mins.

It’s astounding that we are only one point off the top and it points to a very average league.

Having said that, there are positive signs and hope, as they say…..
But will Mousinho grab the ball and run with it, or is it back to passing back and forth across the back at Derby.
In my opinion as it was in the pre season prediction thread we are going up as champions of League One this season. We have a squad of 29 footballers all more than capable of making an impression on this league and a very level headed manager. We are currently unbeaten in our last 17 League One matches and if things do go wrong we have plenty of decent players waiting for the opportunity to show what they can do. I am very confident we will go up this season
It's going to be a good year. I do think Bolton will keep us honest. But if we don't go up automatically there needs to be the mother of all inquests
(06-09-2023, 04:42 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]It's going to be a good year. I do think Bolton will keep us honest. But if we don't go up automatically there needs to be the mother of all inquests

Why ?  What gives us the divine right to go up automatically ? 

We are not in the top 2 for wage bills, or money spent in the window, and do not have the financial benefits of those recently relegated.  Automatic promotion is definitely possible, but it will be a decent achievement if it happens rather than dismal failure if it doesn't. 

Current odds of 13/2 for the title behind Bolton & Derby look about right. But for me failure to reach the play-offs would merit your inquest, but not missing out on automatic promotion.
I'd always look to finish above Barnsley in this division, won't go far wrong then.
(06-09-2023, 05:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2023, 04:42 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]It's going to be a good year. I do think Bolton will keep us honest. But if we don't go up automatically there needs to be the mother of all inquests

We are not in the top 2 for wage bills, or money spent in the window, and do not have the financial benefits of those recently relegated.  Automatic promotion is definitely possible, but it will be a decent achievement if it happens rather than dismal failure if it doesn't. 

Current odds of 13/2 for the title behind Bolton & Derby look about right. But for me failure to reach the play-offs would merit your inquest, but not missing out on automatic promotion.

7 years of 18,000 crowds should be more than enough to get a promotion.
(06-09-2023, 05:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

The current crop of new players were bought with the future in mind. If they come this season then all is well. I’m prepared to be patient, as long as I see progress on the pitch. A steady improvement will be fine.
Pages: 1 2