TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: ME's ladies soccer dream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ME has spoken about his ambition for the women's team and says that a lot of their time is being taken up with this project.

While I'm happy for the women to have a decent team, my main concern is with the men's 1st team. I find it slightly worrying that the main focus doesn't appear to be on making Portsmouth Football Club great again (unless it's the female version).

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...et-4287872
Get Rubiales on the case
Could be Deacons basketball dream all over again.
(11-09-2023, 03:24 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Could be Deacons basketball dream all over again.

Anyone else remember the leaflet asking about rugby league & would we support it from JD? A resounding no was the answer.
Rugby league can’t be played south of Wigan, can it?
They've seen an opportunity to expand the club I guess. The amount of money involved is tiny compared to their spend so far on the men's team and ground.
Funny mention of Rugby. There were rumours about Wasps and Tornante but evidently nothing came of it as they have gone to the wall
(11-09-2023, 06:37 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Funny mention of Rugby. There were rumours about Wasps and Tornante but evidently nothing came of it as they have gone to the wall

Probably looked at how Bristol City did it
I really couldn’t give a rats arse about the women’s team, it doesn’t interest me in the slightest. If Eisner feels it’s important then that’s entirely up to him, it’s his business.
As long as the pitch can take any extra games played on it then why not.
(12-09-2023, 06:30 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I really couldn’t give a rats arse about the women’s team, it doesn’t interest me in the slightest. If Eisner feels it’s important then that’s entirely up to him, it’s his business.
As long as the pitch can take any extra games played on it then why not.
I fully agree. Hammie raises some interesting points, and like Cunni I have less than zero interest in Pompey women's team or the England England team but I wish them both well.
Indeed, women’s football holds zero interest, I didn’t watch a single second of the WC.

I do enjoy women’s boxing and MMA and if I were to watch tennis I’d rather watch the women.
Like it or loathe it but women's football is a fast growing industry at present which means there is money to be made. Hence ME's interest.  Good luck to him , he can afford to invest in it without affecting the men's team budget.
It won't make money
Women’s football is paid for by men’s football.
I’ve no idea what sort of attendance figures they attract. Is it enough to sustain their own ground etc? Could they stand alone if the club decided it no longer wished to participate?
(12-09-2023, 11:24 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Women’s football is paid for by men’s football.

In our case, during the radio fans forum, Andrew "build me a beer kiosk" Cullen said that funding for the women's club is through a completely separate company. As a result, any spending on them doesn't affect the men's team.

Not that I'm defending the over promotion of this form of the game. I can't be arsed with the excessive in your face promotion of it all and the sensitivity that comes when anyone dares to criticise or joke about the woman's game. Lee mack getting loads of grief being such a case.

I'd give them equal pay just coz it'll bankrupt all those pl clubs they have been forced to set up female clubs.
(12-09-2023, 02:04 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2023, 11:24 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Women’s football is paid for by men’s football.

In our case, during the radio fans forum, Andrew "build me a beer kiosk" Cullen said that funding for the women's club is through a completely separate company. As a result, any spending on them doesn't affect the men's team.

Not that I'm defending the over promotion of this form of the game. I can't be arsed with the excessive in your face promotion of it all and the sensitivity that comes when anyone dares to criticise or joke about the woman's game. Lee mack getting loads of grief being such a case.

I'd give them equal pay just coz it'll bankrupt all those pl clubs they have been forced to set up female clubs.

I quite enjoyed watching some of the World Cup but it's a completely separate sport from men's football, and all the bigging it up bollox on Sky and BBCunt won't make it anywhere near as popular. I wish they'd stop trying to pretend it's on the same level.

Incidentally, where's the bloke...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0ueEI4OBQ
(12-09-2023, 10:26 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]It won't make money

UEFA are predicting a 600% increase in revenue in the next 10 years. It's the fastest growing sport in the world .
Introducing the aqortiproypogvfvdfogd+ into it
Have the women's game made it clear how they will respond to sex change types wanting to play in the women's game?
Saydee could change and become a World Cup winner in short order!
(12-09-2023, 06:32 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2023, 10:26 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]It won't make money

UEFA are predicting a 600% increase in revenue in the next 10 years. It's the fastest growing sport in the world .

A 600% increase is based on what?

I’ll predict 80%. Just as valid.
It has been hyped beyond it's popularity but that will pay dividends. The ther week while getting dragged round the shops I overheard some young girls talking about Chelsea's women's team and transfer targets the way we talk about Pompey. It isn't a widespread thing yet but it is encouraging.

The gold standard is to have women's football be treated like women's tennis. Still popular and respected but with the common sense understanding that it is different from the men's game whilebthey coexist peacefully and constructively. The Eisner's being from America know how commercially viable women's football has the potential to be. I know it's easy to sneer but this isn't aimed at whinging old farts with beer guts and high blood pressure, it's aimed at bringing more fans to the sport. Yes the hypenis a bit much, but if I can put up with adverts trying to tell me that Rugby Union is an exciting sport when it's big blokes having a non sexual orgy, I can ignore hyperbole like calling the women's super league the greatest shown on earth.
(12-09-2023, 06:16 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]There's plenty of women and LGBTQQIA2SMAP+ getting into women's football where they can enjoy the match away from angry, aggressive, pissed-up blokes, and it'll only get bigger with increased coverage.

In the next 5 years they’ll all be biological males playing in the women’s teams.
(12-09-2023, 07:37 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It has been hyped beyond it's popularity but that will pay dividends. The ther week while getting dragged round the shops I overheard some young girls talking about Chelsea's women's team and transfer targets the way we talk about Pompey. It isn't a widespread thing yet but it is encouraging.

The gold standard is to have women's football be treated like women's tennis. Still popular and respected but with the common sense understanding that it is different from the men's game whilebthey coexist peacefully and constructively. The Eisner's being from America know how commercially viable women's football has the potential to be. I know it's easy to sneer but this isn't aimed at whinging old farts with beer guts and high blood pressure, it's aimed at bringing more fans to the sport. Yes the hypenis a bit much, but if I can put up with adverts trying to tell me that Rugby Union is an exciting sport when it's big blokes having a non sexual orgy, I can ignore hyperbole like calling the women's super league the greatest shown on earth.

All very good points and then you go and mention rugby union.
Rugby Union is a tremendous sport... therefore unfortunately all your points are null and void.
When someone can explain to me the point of a scrum, then I might start taking rugby union seriously. What the fuck does it do?
(13-09-2023, 04:15 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]When someone can explain to me the point of a scrum, then I might start taking rugby union seriously. What the fuck does it do?

Kills any momentum in the game stone dead.
Pages: 1 2