TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for standing in for me on Tuesday evening bluetagagain Smile

Norris
Rafferty, Poole, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Morrell, Pack
Lane, Robertson, Kamara,
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Towler, Raggett, Devlin, Stevenson, Anjorin, Whyte
Hopefully the Ogilvie injury won't be keeping him out for too long. These injuries are racking up a bit now which definitely vindicates the very squad focused summer transfer activity. It also means we lose Sparkes as an option on the wings although apparantly Shaughnessy has some experience at left back (?). Saydee still not back which is a worry. I'm glad there's a week between this game and the next.
Kamara for Whyte is interesting.
I think most of us are underwhelmed with Whyte but some also don't rate Kamara.
I do think Kamara adds some much needed pace and covers back pretty well.
Whyte continues to look unimpressive but be involved in setting up chances.
0-1 :-(
1 all now  Big Grin
ooopss and hoorray!

good value for money so far (even if I'm listening for free on the radio)
Ogilvie's importance immediately made obvious with that Sparkes error. All square.
(23-09-2023, 02:12 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Ogilvie's importance immediately made obvious with that Sparkes error. All square.

Good cross by Sparkes for Poole’s goal so he’s sort of made up for the error now
(23-09-2023, 03:05 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-09-2023, 02:12 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Ogilvie's importance immediately made obvious with that Sparkes error. All square.

Good cross by Sparkes for Poole’s goal so he’s sort of made up for the error now

Kind of perfectly sums up what he offers. Definitely a player who will be very good. Just a bit iffy at the back.
It's Tino time. Hopefully he looks better than he did last game when he came in.
That will just about do. It was a bit laboured and we looked a touch leggy at times. Comfortably the better team though, Lincoln created almost nothing except when gifted a goal and that chance at the end. A home win against an actually not bad side at all.
Well done boys, cross the line and cross it again. It's falling into place
Coming form behind to win, winning at Barnsley, not losing at Derby.
Doing an awful lot right.
(23-09-2023, 04:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Coming form behind to win, winning at Barnsley, not losing at Derby.
Doing an awful lot right.

A good week all round.
Glad they have Tuesday off now, Bishop especially, needs to be a given a few days off!
(23-09-2023, 01:02 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for standing in for me on Tuesday evening bluetagagain Smile

Norris
Rafferty, Poole, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Morrell, Pack
Lane, Robertson, Kamara,
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Towler, Raggett, Devlin, Stevenson, Anjorin, Whyte

No problem even if I got it slightly wrong. I was in the pub early doors today so in capable of much lol.
Still too many forward options missed in favour of a back pass. Ferguson has given up attacking altogether, every time it went back. Not enough forward play from Morrell and Robertson, mostly sideways and backwards. Otherwise ok. Good result, of course, but could have been more comfortable. Saydee and Yengi hurry back.
Ferguson?
I’m guessing you meant Robertson
(23-09-2023, 04:58 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Still too many forward options missed in favour of a back pass. Ferguson has given up attacking altogether, every time it went back. Not enough forward play from Morrell and Robertson, mostly sideways and backwards. Otherwise ok. Good result, of course, but could have been more comfortable. Saydee and Yengi hurry back.

We must’ve watched a different game, I thought Morrell and Robertson made everything tick in midfield in keeping the game flowing and getting the ball out wide. Bish had a bad day at the office as he had several chances. It was only late on in the game we sat back - unfortunately.
(23-09-2023, 05:04 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Ferguson?

Yes, the right back Ferguson.
Or I might mean Rafferty.
(23-09-2023, 06:05 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Or I might mean Rafferty.
OMFG  Big Grin
Ferguson, Rafferty, whatever.
OMG.
And some of you lot give Mikey stick for not knowing what he's talking about...
Rafferty spent the first half playing on the right wing and was the main source of nearly all our attacks, Getting the ball out to him quickly rather than via three or four passes was the difference between this game and games like the Cheltenham one.  He had a great game, I can't believe TBP can have been at the game to make that comment.
(23-09-2023, 05:31 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-09-2023, 04:58 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Still too many forward options missed in favour of a back pass. Ferguson has given up attacking altogether, every time it went back. Not enough forward play from Morrell and Robertson, mostly sideways and backwards. Otherwise ok. Good result, of course, but could have been more comfortable. Saydee and Yengi hurry back.

We must’ve watched a different game, I thought Morrell and Robertson made everything tick in midfield in keeping the game flowing and getting the ball out wide. Bish had a bad day at the office as he had several chances. It was only late on in the game we sat back - unfortunately.

I hate when we sit back and I also hate when we time waste. I hate when other teams do it and I hate when we do it especially now all the time wasting is carried on into time added on it’s no longer beneficial for any team to do it. Time wasting is boring and on top of that I want to see Pompey score another goal. On a similar note I hate diving and blatant cheating but that’s another rant for another time. Put it this way if we blatantly dive and get a penalty I’m not overly enthused if we score it
Pages: 1 2