TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Port Vale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Looking forward to Saturday already. However, midfield could be a bit of a problem. We really missed Packs control and leadership last night and I don’t think he’ll be anywhere near fit for Saturday. We’ve also got Lowery out and Robertson banned for a game after his booking against Wycombe. That leaves us with Morrell, Devlin and Stevenson and possibly Anjorin ( although I think Saydee will claim the number 10 spot).
I think Devlin might edge it over Stevenson due to match fitness. Could JM spring a surprise and push a defender into a defensive midfield role especially as we have Swanson, Raggett and Towler chomping at the bit for a game. Anyway, food for thought and thanks to RH for us having a decent squad in depth. PUP.

We are top of the league .
We will be with out Poole, Robertson, pack and probably Ogilve. Hopefully Stevenson comes in with a point to prove being left out of the team. Shaughnessy we left out of the first team and look how he has responded.

Norris
Rafferty-raggett-Shaughnessy-sparkes
Morrell-Stevenson
Lane-Saydee-Whyte
Bishop
Why is Poole out ? I think Devlin maybe preferred as he’s had more first team minutes but as you say Stevenson could be in with a shout.
Ah, missed that. I wonder if moving Shaughnessy up into Packs position and then playing Raggett and Towler would work.
(04-10-2023, 01:43 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, missed that. I wonder if moving Shaughnessy up into Packs position and then playing Raggett and Towler would work.

Can see us moving 2 many around from the back 4. Stevenson should slot in next to morrell
It's likely to be the same team as last night bar Raggett replacing Poole, and Devlin or Stevenson replacing Robertson. I'd go with Devlin with it being a home game.

And probably Saydee replacing Anjorin, unless it is felt Anjorin could play deeper and replace Robertson, but I would have thought that unlikely.
(04-10-2023, 03:11 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]It's likely to be the same team as last night bar Raggett replacing Poole, and Devlin or Stevenson replacing Robertson. I'd go with Devlin with it being a home game.

And probably Saydee replacing Anjorin, unless it is felt Anjorin could play deeper and replace Robertson, but I would have thought that unlikely.

So not really the same team at all then!
(04-10-2023, 03:12 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 03:11 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]It's likely to be the same team as last night bar Raggett replacing Poole, and Devlin or Stevenson replacing Robertson. I'd go with Devlin with it being a home game.

I was listing the changes from last night's team. Much quicker than listing all the ones that are not changes.  What's the problem with that ?
(04-10-2023, 03:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I was listing the changes from last night's team. Much quicker than listing all the ones that are not changes.  What's the problem with that ?

3 changes, albeit at least 2 forced, makes it a bit odd to start with "the same team".
(04-10-2023, 03:20 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2023, 03:16 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

3 changes, albeit at least 2 forced, makes it a bit odd to start with "the same team".

FFS the word 'bar' after same team means it is not the same team at all. It means the likely changes are ....
Lighten up, it’s a giggle.
I felt Anjorin took a long time to get into the game on Tuesday.

A totally different style to Marlon P so understandable. However, I did feel he grew into the game quite a bit, displaying his skills, and with time will be a major asset.
However, Anjorin and Pack play In completely different roles
Some touches by Anjorin of real quality but yes, clearly ring rusty. Back to square one again it seems now.
Difficult balance to get right for a manager but a good position to be in as the players should be up to it.

Anjorin needs games to improve, but he also needs to contribute in his position, same with Whyte
Raggett, Stevenson & Devlin will be looking for good performances to stake a claim also.
Granted, the changes are forced, hopefully, whoever gets the shout, they give it their best shot.

3-1 Pompey
Let's hope he has the confidence to play Saydee from the start. He doesn't seem to rate him as much as people on this board do. Stevenson might be a bit rusty, but should be good enough. No doubt the usual suspects will criticise him, if he is a little rusty, just as they did Sparkes, who looks ok now.
At the Wimbledon I thought fought Stevenson was our best player that night.
(06-10-2023, 01:19 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope he has the confidence to play Saydee from the start. He doesn't seem to rate him as much as people on this board do. Stevenson might be a bit rusty, but should be good enough. No doubt the usual suspects will criticise him, if he is a little rusty, just as they did Sparkes, who looks ok now.

I don’t think he has any doubts about Saydee!
(06-10-2023, 01:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 01:19 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope he has the confidence to play Saydee from the start. He doesn't seem to rate him as much as people on this board do. Stevenson might be a bit rusty, but should be good enough. No doubt the usual suspects will criticise him, if he is a little rusty, just as they did Sparkes, who looks ok now.

He was coming back from a injury
(06-10-2023, 02:19 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

How many games has he started?
(06-10-2023, 03:49 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

I think he gained massive confidence from his performance against Peterborough then just unfortunately got a hamstring problem. 

You got to remember he was brought in as a striker so second to bishop then moving him back slightly has made his performances even better
Getting three points tomorrow in the current situation would be an absolute beauty. The Northampton postponement means a nice little break barring the EFL trophy thingy. That gives Ogilvie time to get back to full fitness and limit Pack's games missed.

It’s a squad game and he’s coming back from injury.

We’re 10 games in ffs.
(06-10-2023, 05:26 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s a squad game and he’s coming back from injury.

We’re 10 games in ffs.
Don't want to be Mr Picky (though it can be fun) but it's 11 games in. I do agree though, I don't think JM has any worries about Saydee
If anyone wants to take a kid. Two tickets in the upper south family section have just come up for sale on the OS
Pages: 1 2 3 4