TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Gillingham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
They had a little help from some first teamers, but a really encouraging performance fro the second string promising a good second half to the season even if we have a few injuries.
As usual we started slowly but Tino got a nice goal after a bit of pressure and the second half was basically one way traffic with a couple of cracking goals. Yengi has the nice knack of being in the right place at the right time. 5 goals now in as many matches, several of them as sub. It was a towering header. Swanson played well as did Towler and Raggett for the most part. Sparkes has an excellent left foot and again put in some fantastic crosses. The goalie had a couple of blips but made a couple of good saves. Morrell coming on changed the game. Nice to see a couple of the youngsters get a run out too. A good night all round. Should definitely mean that we progress so more game time for the second string and maybe a few more kids will get the Pompey bug.
Sparkes seems to be growing with every game with excellent crosses last night following up a brilliant one under pressure on Saturday that led to the goal. There again, Ogilvie was in fine form before his injury and he should be fit for Carilse. What a nice selection problem for the manager.
Must admit I’d take Ogilvie every time ( the best left back in this division IMO), although Sparkes has really improved since his first game and he’s really hit form with his crossing.
If we get to the last 8 interest will pick up.
Last 4 very interested
Last 2 manic.  Wink
Crowd of just over 5000 last night better than we have had in the past at this stage of the EFL Trophy. Shows the growing mood of people not wanting to miss any chance to watch this excellent squad.
The price always help,£10 for an adult and 2 kids apparently. This is what the EFL trophy should be mainly used for, playing kids and introducing kids to Pompey.
(11-10-2023, 06:24 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Crowd of just over 5000 last night better than we have had in the past at this stage of the EFL Trophy. Shows the growing mood of people not wanting to miss any chance to watch this excellent squad.
Exactly why I went. Two years ago I was on the verge of jacking it all in now can't wait for the next game. Long may it continue.
(11-10-2023, 07:49 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Must admit I’d take Ogilvie every time ( the best left back in this division IMO), although Sparkes has really improved since his first game and he’s really hit form with his crossing.

Room for both, if they can work together on that left flank. Defensively, I’d have Ogilvie every time. As far as crosses go, I still believe Ogilvie is the best we have at the club but Sparkes is there about too, now. What a lovely conundrum to have.

I’d like to see Camera return to form. He played better in the second half but still not quite the threat he was a few games ago.
Cunni, you got the Hammie bug or are you taking the Michael. Camera???
Kamara looked quite good when pushed up to striker albeit against weak opposition. I think that is probably slightly more his position than out wide but he just isn't likely to get a game there ahead of the competition. I think with his versatility I would guess the original plan for him was to be a bench option while Scully and Whyte started. Come on as a replacement for one of those or push up if we were chasing goals. I don't think him starting most games was in the plan.
KKKKKamara is far better on the ball when we’re attacking , he always looks lost when off the ball .
(13-10-2023, 05:58 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Cunni, you got the Hammie bug or are you taking the Michael. Camera???

I do it for Tags benefit, just to make him grimace. Can’t explain Hammies situation, I think he’s just senile.
(13-10-2023, 11:39 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-10-2023, 05:58 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Cunni, you got the Hammie bug or are you taking the Michael. Camera???

I do it for Tags benefit, just to make him grimace. Can’t explain Hammies situation, I think he’s just senile.

blib blob
Pages: 1 2 3