TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: FA cup first round draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(15-10-2023, 07:23 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Bluetag, Mikey loved Jacobs, not Naylor. Didn’t he???

Very true, how could I get that wrong lol. Surprised he hasn’t mentioned it already.
rather different players
Good article about Will Grigg and Chesterfield in today's "i" newspaper.
Fook my luck, just come back from a weekend centred in Chesterfield and blow me might be going back.
[Image: Michael-Jacobs-web-copy.jpg]

Is Mikey going to be ok?
Im not sure he’d recognise him.
(17-10-2023, 11:24 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure he’d recognise him.

But he heard plenty about him.
Sunday midday kickoff. Bollocks!!
On ITV though.
Every fan wants to progresss in the FA Cup . This a tough draw but an interesting factor will be team selection.
However, the bigger prize is promotion and that will give us a significant dilemma.
When taking into account our league position, our current form, injuries and a proven tactical approach the team for tomorrow (Carlisle (h)) virtually picks itself but will Mousinho risk a full strength side for cup game of will he rotate to one degree or another. We'll wait and see I suppose. His approach will be interesting.
(20-10-2023, 03:31 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Every fan wants to progresss in the FA Cup . This a tough draw but an interesting factor will be team selection.
However, the bigger prize is promotion and that will give us a significant dilemma.
When taking into account our league position, our current form, injuries and a proven tactical approach the team for tomorrow (Carlisle (h)) virtually picks itself but will Mousinho risk a full strength side for cup game of will he rotate to one degree or another. We'll wait and see I suppose. His approach will be interesting.

I'd expect a pretty strong team with reinforcements on the bench. Realistically the only player we do not have cover for is Bishop so not sure if you start him, try and get two up and then rest him, or have him on the bench.
Yengi looks pretty strong in the air too if his salmon like leap for his last goal is anything to go by.
(20-10-2023, 03:56 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Yengi looks pretty strong in the air too if his salmon like leap for his last goal is anything to go by.

might be worth finding out who of the others can play the holding role up front, The obvious is Saydee I guess.
But Yengi is a more natural goalscorer of course.
Bishop gets rested for sure
(20-10-2023, 04:38 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop gets rested for sure

but probably on the bench
Sorry fellow Forumers Not been on for a while. This could be a banana skin for us! They're on a 7 game Straight wins streak & unbeaten in 9. Paul Cook has them on the boil & with the mercurial Jacobs & Naylor in midfield along with Will Grigg upfront be afraid. It's a 12.15 K.O. on Bonfire Night 5th November.
(21-10-2023, 02:59 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry fellow Forumers Not been on for a while. This could be a banana skin for us! They're on a 7 game Straight wins  streak & unbeaten in 9. Paul Cook has them on the boil & with the mercurial Jacobs & Naylor in midfield along with Will Grigg upfront be afraid. It's a 12.15 K.O. on Bonfire Night 5th November.

Mercurial hey? You been reading the dictionary while you have been away Mikey?
Thank you, Admin.
Tickets go on sale Tuesday morning.
and the boss has said we are going full strength with no midweek game to follow.
The prize money would be worth having for getting to the third round is more than 200K, being the last team in from our division is another quarter of a million.
Guaranteed to be given to the manager for players too.
half a million gets another the price of Bishop, that would be handy!
Noticed Jacobs was playing centre back today!
Build up to the game already started with both teams winning again yesterday.

Expect it to be a full blooded cup tie.

Score prediction 2-2.
(24-10-2023, 09:03 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed Jacobs was playing centre back today!

On the bench yesterday, but suspect he is bound to start against us.
(24-10-2023, 09:03 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Noticed Jacobs was playing centre back today!

On the bench yesterday, but suspect he is bound to start against us.
(20-10-2023, 03:31 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Every fan wants to progresss in the FA Cup . This a tough draw but an interesting factor will be team selection.

Promotion, or relegation, are only temporary. A cup win is permanent. 

Scummers have been up and down and no one but us notices. Everyone takes notice of trophies won though. 

Promotion is not the bigger prize!!!! It’s just something to appease our appetite for success now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4