TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Carlisle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like a sell out.
We managed to pick up a couple of returns yesterday, hard to stay away this season! Unlike some recent seasons when having a ST felt like a chore at times.
Carlin will be over here soon telling us that they're better than Barcelona. That coont still owes me £300
Pop in to his mum's Chinese takeaway in Fareham, he'll probably be there practising his darts, or out the back doing keepy uppies
I'm expecting

Norris
Rafferty Poole Shaughnessy Sparkes
   Morrell Robertson
Lane  Saydee  Kamara
          Bishop

With maybe Anjorin for Saydee

And I'm expecting a 'park the bus' type game from Carlisle so not great entertainment but we should manage to win it.
Speaking to a couple of mates who are proper Carlisle fans, they reckon their boys are going to give it a right old go for the first 15 mins, snatch a goal, and then sit back and defend for the last 75mins!

They also said they'll be bringing 700 fans, which is bloomin impressive!
(19-10-2023, 04:10 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'm expecting

Norris
Rafferty Poole Shaughnessy Sparkes
   Morrell Robertson
Lane  Saydee  Kamara
          Bishop

With maybe Anjorin for Saydee

And I'm expecting a 'park the bus' type game from Carlisle so not great entertainment but we should manage to win it.
Same team as last time except the changes hey? 
Joking apart, reckon you are right though would be surprised if Anjorin started. We need to get at them hard early, get an early goal for a change and then think it will be comfortable.
(19-10-2023, 04:22 PM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking to a couple of mates who are proper Carlisle fans, they reckon their boys are going to give it a right old go for the first 15 mins, snatch a goal, and then sit back and defend for the last 75mins!

They also said they'll be bringing 700 fans, which is bloomin impressive!

Impressive indeed! But is there enough room in the Milton end at present?
Does Carlisle have a population of over 700?
Home crowds only about 4500 but they are travelling in impressive numbers this season.
Should make for a good atmosphere too
And if they come and have a go, it might help us to get going and hit them on the break.
(19-10-2023, 05:58 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Does Carlisle have a population of over 700?

Yes, but because they're so far away from us they appear very very small. Therefore all 108,387 of them would fit comfortably into the Milton End.
The only thing I know about Carlisle is that Steve merchant and 'brown santa' go there in the film Click & Collect. 

Great film
Its our regular stop on the way to the Highlands and Islands. Smells of biscuits, having a McVties factory!
Back to a normal weekend at last, seems like ages. 

Carlisle, have had some good results but, been pretty bad recently LLDWL dropping to 20th
Being capable, we have to expect them to be a stern test.  

Looking forward to a hard fought 2-1 win
I think Carlisle will come and give it a go like Port Vale. They’ve always played a decent style of football. I think Deeps has picked the right team although I expect Ogilvie on for the last 20 mins.
I can’t believe I’m missing this game as I’ve got a family gathering in Norfolk Sad however, it means a mate of mine gets to see his first game of the season.
They turned Bolton over big time but realistically we should be beating them handily, especially with Poole and Robertson back.
(19-10-2023, 06:06 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, but because they're so far away from us they appear very very small. Therefore all 108,387 of them would fit comfortably into the Milton End.

I hope they stay small when they travel south. Hillsborough etc
I went to a random game at Carlisle once, while on a family holiday in the Lake District. They were playing Birmingham and Tony, yes Tony Hateley was playing for Brum. That dates it a bit.
I'd be tempted to keep Robertson in the CAM role where he is at his most effective and keep Stevenson in the middle of the park. That I reckon gives us a better chance of breaking them down. Dropped points here would be hugely frustrating.
(19-10-2023, 08:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Its our regular stop on the way to the Highlands and Islands. Smells of biscuits, having a McVties factory!

I forgot I'd ever been to Carlisle, but your post just jogged a distant memory that I made a delivery to United Biscuits / McVities for a courier company in an old transit in my teens. Then the van blew up and I had to sit for hours all the way back with a recovery driver from Carlisle. He was definitely normal size though.
(19-10-2023, 08:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Its our regular stop on the way to the Highlands and Islands. Smells of biscuits, having a McVties factory!
It's our regular stop on the way to/from the Highlands as well  - we were there last week on the way back from Inverness. Best refuelling place for miles around (Asda, on the north side of Carlisle).
Credit to them if they do bring circa 800 down. As to the game, it's the type of match we really ought to win at least 3-0.
(20-10-2023, 08:09 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]

I forgot I'd ever been to Carlisle, but your post just jogged a distant memory that I made a delivery to United Biscuits / McVities for a courier company in an old transit in my teens. Then the van blew up and I had to sit for hours all the way back with a recovery driver from Carlisle. He was definitely normal size though.

He would have been when you first met him. It's as you gradually travelled south that he would have shrunk. There will have been a point that his legs would have been too short to touch the pedals. Where did you lose momentum?
Heavy rain since 4am looks set for most of the day.
Moderate SW wind turning NW in the afternoon.
Hopefully, it'll ease and won't affect the game being played, but we have had some rain recently, so I guess it's a consideration.
Reckon it will be a tight game today wouldn’t surprise me if it was a draw l
Bloody hope it doesn't get rained off.

Absolutely batterring it down in Bognor.
(21-10-2023, 07:57 AM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Bloody hope it doesn't get rained off.

Absolutely batterring it down in Bognor.

Not raining at the moment in north end
Pages: 1 2