TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Anjorin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I must be missing something but I can't see what he brings to the team.
It was the wrong type of game for him last night, too much of a physical battle.

When Saydee came off, Stephenson should have come on to play the number six role, with Robertson playing further forward behind Bish.

But what do I know eh?
Have to say he is a strange one. Clearly has talent (good feet, wonderful through ball for Lane last week) and looks physically strong and yet JM still talking about him as never being able to play 90 minutes. what’s wrong with him? Time he grew up I think. Still hoping though! Completely agree that Stevenson should play with Robertson being pushed forward.
I think he has something in his locker that other players don’t and I want to see more of him. He is very ‘languid’ in his approach and reminds me a bit of Kanu. He should have had a very good assist against Carlisle on Saturday but Paddy Lane fluffed his lines. He has a quality about him though, it’s hard to put pinpoint exactly what it is but it’s definitely different to anything else we have in the squad and I mean that in a good way. I can see him developing into a footballer that you love to see on the ball (off it he needs to work harder for the team so we can win it back)
Prefer to give Devlin a chance
Anjorin definitely has skill but seems to run into a lot of dead ends.
Looks a very skillful player, but his lack of game experience shows. At his age, with his skill, he should really have played more than 20 or so competitive games.
Tino may not play his best football before January!
He has had glass ankles after having so much promise as a kid. JM is absolutely doing the right thing by getting minutes into his legs slowly.
I doubt he has a future at Chelsea any longer but the lad's class is beyond doubt.
We could reap those rewards in the new year by having a player that most of us already recognise as having too much talent for league 1.
He should be enjoying getting fitter, playing in a top team and getting that edge back. His online video make for some cracking watching.
He is a risk and a luxury but we can afford it right now.
As been said, he clearly has talent.
I could mention Ben Thompson, if I remember right, he took a while to show his best.
Okay, different type of situation regarding experience, but he was short of game time.

It seems to me, Anjorin needs to adjust to the sheer lack of space and time when he's got possession.

As been said again....what do I know?
I would prefer to see him or Robertson, with an extra experienced player at this level in deep mid
(26-10-2023, 07:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer to see him or Robertson, with an extra experienced player at this level in deep mid

Surely we have seen Robertson & an experienced player at this level in deep mid for the past few games ? 

A waste of Robertson's talents IMO, he is much better further forward, as I suspect Anjorin is too. 

Pack & Morrell runnng the game behind Robertson (or Lowery when fit) is the way to win this league IMO, with Anjorin or Saydee coming off the bench as required.
(26-10-2023, 07:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-10-2023, 07:30 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I would prefer to see him or Robertson, with an extra experienced player at this level in deep mid

Surely we have seen Robertson & an experienced player at this level in deep mid for the past few games ? 

A waste of Robertson's talents IMO, he is much better further forward, as I suspect Anjorin is too. 

Pack & Morrell runnng the game behind Robertson (or Lowery when fit) is the way to win this league IMO, with Anjorin or Saydee coming off the bench as required.

I wrote that badly
to clarify
Robertson or Anjorin, one maximum to start, in the forward mid (ten if you prefer). Personally I think we are far more effective as a team with Robertson in there.

Playing deep, Morrell plus Stevenson. Pack when fit.

Anjorin and Saydee as very different types to affect the game coming on from the bench. Or to replace Robertson if he needs a rest.
"I must be missing something but I can't see what he brings to the team".

" Staying Up " what about,

....... an important goal perhaps ... ?
Anjorin's finish yesterday was sublime. 

As was Robertson's turn and pass in the build up to the winner, along with Lane's cross, Bishop's knock down & Devlin's finish. Probably the best team goal we have scored this season.
Definitely saw the two sides of a player learning to ply at this level.
Defensively him and Sparkes together looked distinctly suspect, as most sides have a decent wide right player, we could be targeted down that wing if they play together.
Eventually saw the first goal conceded, Anjorin was widely blamed, but Sparkes appeared to be wandering out of position too. I suspect that when Kamara is fit and "rested" he will start as he covers back much more enthusiastically.
A work in progress but definitely a player who can make game changing interventions.
(29-10-2023, 04:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Anjorin's finish yesterday was sublime. 

As was Robertson's turn and pass in the build up to the winner, along with Lane's cross, Bishop's knock down & Devlin's finish. Probably the best team goal we have scored this season.

Fantastic team goal but sure it was Sparke's cross?? Looked like it on I follow?
Robertson is a superb player, seems to have it all, just cant seem to notch a goal> Keepers seem to stop anything from him even when they're arrowing into the corner of the net. 
Back to the goal, probably best move I've seen from us with the end product for many a year.
(29-10-2023, 04:51 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely saw the two sides of a player learning to ply at this level.
Defensively him and Sparkes together looked distinctly suspect, as most sides have a decent wide right player, we could be targeted down that wing if they play together.
Eventually saw the first goal conceded, Anjorin was widely blamed, but Sparkes appeared to be wandering out of position too. I suspect that when Kamara is fit and "rested" he will start as he covers back much more enthusiastically.
A work in progress but definitely a player who can make game changing interventions.

I thought Sparkes was very good, defensively, yesterday. Improving all the time. 

I can’t say as I’ve liked watching Tino,  up until now. His style seems quite languid and you wonder whether he is capable of much at all. Yesterday, he showed exactly what he’s capable of.

As to Robertson, he’s not shining quite like he did but still good enough for that team.
(29-10-2023, 05:58 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-10-2023, 04:51 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely saw the two sides of a player learning to ply at this level.

I thought Sparkes was very good, defensively, yesterday. Improving all the time. 

I can’t say as I’ve liked watching Tino,  up until now. His style seems quite languid and you wonder whether he is capable of much at all. Yesterday, he showed exactly what he’s capable of.

As to Robertson, he’s not shining quite like he did but still good enough for that team.
I think it's because he's being asked to play more defensively since Pack was injured but still a great talent -@ this level.
(29-10-2023, 06:06 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-10-2023, 05:58 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

I think it's because he's being asked to play more defensively since Pack was injured but still a great talent -@ this level.
Probably right, BB
(29-10-2023, 05:23 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-10-2023, 04:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Anjorin's finish yesterday was sublime. 

Fantastic team goal but sure it was Sparke's cross?? Looked like it on I follow?
Robertson is a superb player, seems to have it all, just cant seem to notch a goal> Keepers seem to stop anything from him even when they're arrowing into the corner of the net. 
Back to the goal, probably best move I've seen from us with the end product for many a year.

Yes, of course it was Sparkes' cross.   I probably got confused with Lane setting up the equaliser.
It was Robertson who made the brilliant crossfield pass to Sparkes in the 'elbow' position for him to cross to Colby who knocked it down for Terry Devlin.
Having watched him today I still think he brings nothing to the team.
Inexperienced damaged goods. He clearly has something about him but we have got a promotion to get on with here. I am starting to get concerned that we are going to hold ourselves back if we try to mend this lad's broken wings and keep picking him. Same feeling with Kamara also.
If it's a hamstring he's gonna be out for a few weeks. Time for Pack to step back in. Hopefully he'll be ready within a week or two.
Our wingers have generally been a disaster other than Lane, just think how good we'd be if we'd bought in some decent ones.
Pages: 1 2