TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Great result after a terrible start. 4 points from 2 away games thank you.
Mostly the weather I guess? Sad
Reading got a red card after FT apparantly. Fantastic win in the circumstances. It started disastrously but ended up being like many of our wins this season, nervily holding on to a one goal lead. A bit of a league break again now time for a reset and a bit of a rethink on certain aspects.
(28-10-2023, 04:11 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Reading got a red card after FT apparantly. Fantastic win in the circumstances. It started disastrously but ended up being like many of our wins this season, nervily holding on to a one goal lead. A bit of a league break again now time for a reset and a bit of a rethink on certain aspects.

.....time to get my heart rate down as well
(28-10-2023, 04:19 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-10-2023, 04:11 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Reading got a red card after FT apparantly. Fantastic win in the circumstances. It started disastrously but ended up being like many of our wins this season, nervily holding on to a one goal lead. A bit of a league break again now time for a reset and a bit of a rethink on certain aspects.

.....time to get my heart rate down as well

Absolutely. There's only been three league games this season when we've been able to go into injury time totally chilled out. Orient, Peterborough and Port Vale. Not good for the older fans who haven't always prioritised fitness throughout their lives. It always seems to be the same story. Go a goal up, miss a great chance to kill the game off then start toying with fans blood pressure.

For a while this game had big Charlton away vibes from last year when the wheels fell off spectacularly. To come back and win against a an energised Reading and the rare sight of energised Reading supporters was special.
Very releived and proud if the team today. Coming through that total shitshow with a win is fantastic. 

Isn't Marlon supposed to be back in 2 weeks? That'll be good
A nice little stat. Pompey unbeaten in league football in British summer time 2023. Tom Naylor could only dream of a summer like that...
(28-10-2023, 05:12 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]A nice little stat. Pompey unbeaten in league football in British summer time 2023. Tom Naylor could only dream of a summer like that...
Brilliant stat
Indeed… same for GMT please.. Goal Machine Time? Great Mousinho Time?
I can only go on the radio commentary. Brilliant result. The team seemed to lose concentration with the tennis ball delays, possibly an extra experienced head needed in midfield?
Another scorer and Bishop had his radar back.
Have to watch the yellow cards as two key players, at least, are on four cards and ready for a match ban.
If we were being really "professional" we would have got both booked today, assuming that the Cup game counts for the missed game?
Maybe that was a season defining game; a potential banana skin averted, and putting some clear water between us and our challengers.
(28-10-2023, 06:05 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe that was a season defining game; a potential banana skin averted, and putting some clear water between us and out challengers.

Shame both oxford and barnsley scored right at the end! Getting greedy.

Bolton to come eventually.
POMPEY Deserved that. Fuck everyone who thinks differently ⁶
F****** brilliant. 3 well-earned points, 3 different goalscorers in a very good team effort.
Well played Devlin!
Just when the afternoon couldn't get any better, out pops the red card.
This team have a proper set of bollocks on em. Proud
Nice couple of days off now as no game till Sunday, and good that we declined to remain in the league cup.
Many bits for John M to work on, I said to the chap next to me why are Reading now sitting back at 2 nil, with three quarters of the game left, if we score before half time we can still win.

And the rest we know is Tino, Colby and Irish magic and history !
Pages: 1 2 3