TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hard to please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some people on this site must be the hardest fans to please in Britain. Moan about not stuffing teams. Moan about injuries. Moan about young players not lasting. Moan we are not scoring enough goals. Moan about the manager, the owners, etc, etc.

I have news for you moaners.
We are 26, yes 26 League games unbeaten.
We are 6 - yes 6 points clear at the top of the table
We are 12 - can you understand this? 12 points clear of 7th place. 
We have conceded 4 less goals than anyone else. 
We are the 4th highest scorers.
Our ground is looking better than I have ever seen it.
Our club is being run professionally with a clear plan for the future.

It's a long time since it has been so good to be a Pompey fan.
Name names
Yes but what have the Eisners ever done for us?
(29-10-2023, 05:09 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but what have the Eisners ever done for us?

Say what you like about Al Fahim but at least he made the trains run on time.
(28-10-2023, 11:05 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Some people on this site must be the hardest fans to please in Britain. Moan about not stuffing teams. Moan about injuries. Moan about young players not lasting. Moan we are not scoring enough goals. Moan about the manager, the owners, etc, etc.

We are 26, yes 26 League dames unbeaten.

And then there are other people who can't stop moaning about other people moaning.
(29-10-2023, 05:09 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but what have the Eisners ever done for us?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(28-10-2023, 11:05 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Some people on this site must be the hardest fans to please in Britain. Moan about not stuffing teams. Moan about injuries. Moan about young players not lasting. Moan we are not scoring enough goals. Moan about the manager, the owners, etc, etc.

Oh yeh, I'm sure you've never had a moments doubt about the eisners....
(29-10-2023, 07:10 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

And then there are other people who can't stop moaning about other people moaning.
Fair cop
Name names
I have said for years that infrastructure is the key to long term success on and off the pitch.
The last few seasons have been hard to endure, but we are now seeing a real upturn , which I think will continue for years
All I can say Herman is there are some people who ( apart from the winder uppers) have not a frigging clue about football.

What is happening with Pompey PFC at the moment is bliss, and it is enhanced bliss to those (myself included ) who endured the most DIRE times of unbelievable despair and hopelessness in the 70's.

Perhaps those wishy washy types should move on to the once in a season trip to Old Trafford, get there nice and early, pop in the club shop to buy all the gear and a nice MUFC carrier bag. Get in the ground and sit with the away day fans. Sing "United is the taem for me" and then watch a boring game before returning home to stroll about their locality regaled in their new MUFC clobber.

No, we are good now, we have a sound team who 'get' Pompey ; a genuine Manager, good owners, neigh VERY good owners, and sound infrastructure that sets us up for better things. I have said before the Eisners are very , very sound Owners if anyone does not comprehend that then.... oh dear !
I think some of the criticism the Eisners received was warranted at the time. They made some glaring errors and took forever to start fixing the infrastructure.

Now that they have pulled their finger out and actually done some of the work, they should receive some credit for that. But the pace of progress has been slooooooow. Glad it is gradually coming together. Appointing Richard Hughes was an excellent way to shore up the recruitment process, given their lack of understanding of this critical part of the business.

Waiting to hear about that fooking bridge getting done though!
PUP!
Apparantly we have 4 more points now after 15 games than we did at the stage JM took over last season when we'd played 23 games.
(29-10-2023, 02:39 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I think some of the criticism the Eisners received was warranted at the time. They made some glaring errors and took forever to start fixing the infrastructure.

Now that they have pulled their finger out and actually done some of the work, they should receive some credit for that. But the pace of progress has been slooooooow. Glad it is gradually coming together. Appointing Richard Hughes was an excellent way to shore up the recruitment process, given their lack of understanding of this critical part of the business.

Waiting to hear about that fooking bridge getting done though!
PUP!

Don't agree,sorry. The Eisners had to get FP up to H&S standards first before they could even start improving the ground. These things take time and money ( and its their money not ours,so we don't have a say in when or how or how much the spend - the trust wouldn't have gotten us this far without selling).
The only mistakes I feel the Eisners have made up until now is sticking with Jackett for too long ( misguided loyalty ?) and appointing the Cowleys.
The bridge is fvck all to do with us,its up to Network Rail and they have more important and bigger worries.
As regards the bridge, the very professional comments about Network Rail's priority list and the existing city plan, suggests that our very professional set up (when could we last say that about Pompey? Ever?) are approaching the thing in a way that might just get the result we need. All that money not now being blown on the fast rail vanity project might start to appear in smaller local projects, especially in places with close votes at general elections.
I’ll name me.

I want us to hammer someone and the bigger the team the better. I want us to go up as champions, with more points than any other club in history. I don’t believe promotion is the be all and end all but if we’re gonna do it then let’s do it in style!!

Too bloody content to settle for second best, some on here!!
This team has that something about it that we have not seen in a Pompey side for too long. It's that never give up attitude, a sense of belief. Those things filter down from the top.

They're far from perfect as we've seen but they don't down tools. That's enough for me.
I think most here would've moaned about something at least once or twice!
Cmon, that's human nature after all.
We can agree most here want Pompey to be perfect, to score ten a game and concede none.
As each improvement made vecomes the norm we concentrate or highlight other areas for improvement. Is that a bad thing?
I'm sure we are all enjoying this season so far.
This is a discussion site, we hardly ever all agree on something so we discuss it, mainly with well reasoned arguments. I did say mainly!

I'm over the moon with the season so far but we play Charlton shortly. Win thatand stay top going into January and I'll be ecstatic as I'll know this team really are changing perspective.
Is that being to cynical?!
Just heard we've gone 233 days unbeaten. Used to be happy with 14! What is going on???
" our very professional set up"

Music to the ears Hammie.
Don't forget Mous the Nous.
An awful lot of the present good feeling is down to his "breath of fresh air" management style.
We’ll soon be slagging Mous off next season, when we’re in the championship, getting the occasional battering. People will be moaning because we’re stuck in ‘this awful league’ and we shouldn’t be trying in cup competitions because promotion/survival is far more important.
Easy Cunning, we're not up yet. This is Pompey remember!
I certainly have had a quiet moan from time to time.
I would like to see Stevenson given a bit more time
I'm spoilt cos most times I've see Pompey promoted we go up as champions
I am a Pompey supporter so am enjoying the ride but worrying about what happens when we lose!
Perhaps we shall lose in the Cup and then go unbeaten again til BST returns!
Twood be better Hammie if we could slide through rounds 1-2 of the FA Cup, and then go out gracefully to MCFC - home or away ?

(i.e. - take the money and run)
Pages: 1 2