TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Chesterfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ARSE! I say; ARSE!
(05-11-2023, 01:57 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Been players weren’t up for this at all.

So no one told Mousinho that Cook’s team would be up for this? Don’t mind losing but a disappointing performance like this pisses me off. Plus the unwanted injuries of course.
Itv “ Pompeys first defeat since March” clueless hacks.

Someone’s got the cárabo cup fixtures out and told them post match it’s in 90 minutes.
Unacceptable from most players. Beginning to get annoyed with Whyte and Kamara. Hope for the best over Poole in particular (Anjorin is probably not a major factor this season in my opinion). Charlton next… hmmmm… time to put that ‘jinx’ to bed.
Keeper on safari for the goal. The more you watch it the worse it looks.
Whyte looks completely gone at the game. Absolute shell of the player who went for a 6 figure fee a few years ago and totally without confidence. Lane very poor too and Kamara albeit at left wing back for much of the second half.

We've been just about getting by on the wings this season having to experiment because Scully is injured and we look worryingly like we've been sold a bill of goods in Whyte. The Anjorin injury and that hopeless Whyte display might mean Josh Martin gets signed on a short term deal very soon.
This better not be the start of ‘the rot’ again, going from unbeatable to utter garbage in a very short period of time. The attacking players created nothing today
I had a horrible sinking feeling when I saw that Scummer Davies was one of the presenters.

When Grigg almost caught Norris out after 30 seconds you could see they were well up for it.

A sign of Moose's inexperience in these sort of matches, hope he learns from it double quick - we've got some big matches coming up & other teams are going to look at this & think pressure & unsettle us and they can get a result.
Agreed. Of course bad days happen but that was worse than that. Big game next week. Beat Charlton and today will be forgotten. I don’t want to see Whyte in the squad though!
Were 2nd best all game. Whyte wasn't great but other players weren't either. Lane was dreadful & can't cross a ball accurately, Norris was an embarrassment for the goal & got closed down by Grigg in the first 30 seconds. No excuses as JM put out his strongest team & have to learn from it & move on.
Naylor MOM & Jacobs played 90 minutes.
Nothing for me to say today, as it's already all been said.
Did anyone else get the same shock as me 20mins in..... To all of a sudden see Devlin.
I said 'oh.. didn't realise he was playing today.' Feel a bit mean but he definitely started quietly))
There's always going to be that frustration with young players. He looked so good against Reading and so anonymous today. That's just how it goes. Consistency will come and that was only his second start let's not forget.
(05-11-2023, 02:49 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing for me to say today, as it's already all been said.

Well said.
(05-11-2023, 02:16 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Itv “ Pompeys first defeat since March” clueless hacks.

Someone’s got the cárabo cup fixtures out and told them post match it’s in 90 minutes.

To be fair the "in 90 minutes" was mentioned at least twice during commentary
(05-11-2023, 02:41 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Were 2nd best all game. Whyte wasn't great but other players weren't either. Lane was dreadful & can't cross a ball accurately, Norris was an embarrassment for the goal & got closed down by Grigg in the first 30 seconds. No excuses as JM put out his strongest team & have to learn from it & move on.
Naylor MOM & Jacobs played 90 minutes.

Agreed on Naylor (who showed a lot of respect for Pompey fans after scoring).

Jacobs was on the pitch for 90 mins but he only played for a fraction of that.

Total respect for Chesterfield, who played well. They aren’t as good as we are normally but they more than deserved that today.
Chesterfield have some seriously good players for league 5, that team would do ok in league one and probably get promoted from league two.
Our team is actually ridiculously young at the moment, going forward wise.
If that was a league game we would have won it I reckon.

Chesterfield had more intensity as they were the underdogs and were playing at home.

Don’t get mr wrong, Chesterfield are a very decent side and thoroughly deserved their win, I just think they wanted it more. 

I think going out will be a blessing in disguise and if we get promoted at the end of the season nobody will even remember today’s result.

PUP
Chesterfield better in every department today. It was like they were from a league above, not two below. Congratulations to them and a thank you too - we have needed this kick up the arse for a while
Anyone care to share any post match comments from Mousinho? Haven’t heard a word…
Lesson to be learnt: Don't give your best players away.
In my humble opinion Mousinho failed to instill a sense of pride in the team prior to the match and they failed to rise to the occasion on what was probably the highest profiled tie of the 1st round. The fans deserved better. Not helped by Pack being unavailable but that is surely no excuse. I hate seeing other teams looking sharper and keener than Pompey.

Anyway, that’s my 20p’s worth, end of rant. Onwards and upwards….
(05-11-2023, 08:13 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]If that was a league game we would have won it I reckon.

Chesterfield had more intensity as they were the underdogs and were playing at home.

Don’t get mr wrong, Chesterfield are a very decent side and thoroughly deserved their win, I just think they wanted it more. 

I think going out will be a blessing in disguise and if we get promoted at the end of the season nobody will even remember today’s result.

PUP

It's the first full 90 mins we've been gash, but we've done 45 mins playing the same way, then we dig out a decent cross and win the game and get away with it. Hence the high number of single goal wins.

Cut out our crosses and we run put of ideas pretty sharpish. Kamara is one of those wingers who when he takes on a player and loses out he's basically gone. Jan window is decision time. Sign dome pace or wait until we get worked out by the rest of the league.
Pages: 1 2 3 4