TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Chesterfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
That game made me quite nostalgic, we used to play like that almost every week.

Whatever the reason, lets hope it's an aberration in an otherwise good season. Chesterfield thoroughly deserved it and wanted it more too.
(06-11-2023, 09:42 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]That game made me quite nostalgic, we used to play like that almost every week.

Whatever the reason, lets hope it's an aberration in an otherwise good season. Chesterfield thoroughly deserved it and wanted it more too.

Yes we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that Chesterfield are a very good side and have League 1 and 2 standard players in their ranks.

There isn’t a world of difference between the good sides in League 1, League 2 and the National League.

I think we will beat Charlton next weekend and then we can forget about this match. I love the FA Cup but it would be an unwelcome distraction in such a crucial season for us.

We need to knuckle down and get promotion, that is the only objective we should be thinking about.
Not convinced this is an automatic promotion side. Still think we'll be in the playoff scramble.
However, name me one third tier side who would swop stats, or league position with us ?

We had an off , off day, so did Arsenal, so did Mansfield, so do many others - that's football. forget it now .
Not too much to analyse. They were bang up for it, we lacklustre and workmanlike. We lost, we deserved it. Frankly I don't think we particularly care? I don't have a problem with that this year, because all I care about is automatic promotion.
The only thing that worried me for the rest of the season, is how we bought on subs and completely lost our shape. Hopefully that will not happen again unless forced. With Stevenson and Saydee available we could have kept our shape and added a bit more muscle and nous both of which were lacking. I'm not at all clear how we can use Yengi though.
It was very odd, Hammie. I have no idea what Mous was trying to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 4