TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Orient v Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
and now scores the much harder one!
Well done the team, they are doing a really good job.
Get some subs on second half as we are running a lot and we need the likes of Kamara for Saturday
Who is filling in at CB since the Raggett Red card, or did we go three at the back?
Three at the back it appears
The Pig is on
Sanson looks to be a doing a decent job in there
A Pigott equaliser
(07-11-2023, 08:21 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]A Pigott equaliser

Never received the recognition he deserved with us.
(07-11-2023, 08:25 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

agreed, thought he was the best of a string of strikers, never seemed to get much time on the pitch.
that's a good goal and finish
I’d rather have any of the 3 strikers we have now instead of Piggott
(07-11-2023, 08:54 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’d rather have any of the 3 strikers we have now instead of Piggott

fair enough, but at the time he was decent compared to the others who got a lot more time.
1-2 Pompey
That's Pompey through then. I see Reading fans threw a few tennis balls onto the pitch this evening, not so many as when we were there
(07-11-2023, 08:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

agreed, thought he was the best of a string of strikers, never seemed to get much time on the pitch.

That’s because his goals to games ratio was shit. 

And it still is!

You certainly wouldn’t recognise him.
Even though this competition means very little it's still good to get a win so soon after Saturday's disappointment, albeit with a very different team. A good confidence and morale booster for the squad, particularly since it was achieved with 10 men. 2 assists from Yengi and a goal each for Saydee and Kamara will give them a boost with good game time for a number of players who have had little chance. All in all a satisfactory night.
This team and squad generally see to find a way.
Always handy for the likes of Kamara to get a goal, will lift his confidence.
(07-11-2023, 09:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

And it still is!
Pathological hatred not subsided yet then cunni?
(07-11-2023, 09:29 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2023, 09:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2023, 08:25 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]A Pigott equaliser

And it still is!
Pathological hatred not subsided yet then cunni?

My observational powers are undiminished and I chuckle in the face of those who suggest we should have signed him  Big Grin

He took his goal well tonight though. It was against a makeshift defence in a ten man team but well taken.

8 goals in 72 appearances, since leaving Wimbledon. Would you have signed him?
And well played Denver Hume. Hasn't played a competitive game in a fair old while and put a right shift in. Should be on the bench for us until Ogilvie is back at least. Us progressing gives him more opportunities to start. In hindsight he probably should have been used more in this comp.
Richie Wellens is a tosser. Having a pop at Saydee when he was being subbed off. Saydee would rip the fat faced little shit in half if it got physical.
How did we manage to win that game?
TBF I only watched the extended highlights on iFollow.
but it looked like Orient was all over us.
(08-11-2023, 09:05 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]How did we manage to win that game?
TBF I only watched the extended highlights on iFollow.
but it looked like Orient was all over us.

We were lucky at times and they did pile on the pressure, but I think overall we were the better team and took our chances. Away support was good.
Totally agree D'Alles re Denver HUME, he started off pretty nervous and got skinned a couple of times early on.

However bags of resilience and he grew into the game , got closer to their winger, and defended well.

Second half he seemed more relaxed and played important balls forward. Seemingly, all about his confidence and it grew visibly.
(07-11-2023, 09:42 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]And well played Denver Hume. Hasn't played a competitive game in a fair old while and put a right shift in. Should be on the bench for us until Ogilvie is back at least. Us progressing gives him more opportunities to start. In hindsight he probably should have been used more in this comp.

Totally agree. Can't think of too many players, who haven't been anywhere there the first team since April, that wouldn't have kept so quiet and professional. Not even the slightest moan.

Also fair play to Mousinho for being able to get the non-regulars motivated for a meaningless cup tie. Thanks to the result, we don't get any of the "2 defeats in 2 games" pressure. Bad enough with the Charlton hoodoo thing.

PS: Also, Orient were likely to have more possession being a man up on us but, listening on the radio, I thought we managed it a hell of lot better than we used to. In previous times, that would be game over (particularly in this sort of cup).
Pages: 1 2 3