TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Orient v Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good game to watch, especially second half. Raggers a bit unlucky, the guy made the most of it. Schofield made a couple of smart saves. Hume nervous at start, then did well enough. Swanson a couple of timely interceptions as usual and tried to get forward, difficult with a man less. Towler ok. Stevenson fairly anonymous. Whyte, his best game so far in a Pompey shirt. JW a few nice touches, robbed of an almost certain goal by Saydee. Saydee did then get his first goal for the club, well taken. He’s a colossus, at times holding off three men. Yengi battled well and got two assists. Kamara a bit like the curate’s egg. Took his goal well. Away support outstanding. All in all, a good exercise. I’m all for this cup as it gives youngsters and fringe players really important game time.
WE did manage the game out well - loved the last few minutes by their corner flag.
(07-11-2023, 09:38 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2023, 09:29 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2023, 09:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2023, 08:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2023, 08:25 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]A Pigott equaliser

Never received the recognition he deserved with us.

agreed, thought he was the best of a string of strikers, never seemed to get much time on the pitch.

That’s because his goals to games ratio was shit. 

And it still is!
Pathological hatred not subsided yet then cunni?

My observational powers are undiminished and I chuckle in the face of those who suggest we should have signed him  Big Grin

He took his goal well tonight though. It was against a makeshift defence in a ten man team but well taken.

8 goals in 72 appearances, since leaving Wimbledon. Would you have signed him?
With due respect Cunni your stats don't show everything. Without looking at in depth I think you'll find he made quite a few assists. Also, how many starts in 72 appearances? At Pompey he was mainly used as a late Sub when we needed a goal. He was also played out of position as Cowley/Mous was playing mainly 1 up front. If we'd played 2 I'm sure the stats would have been different but it's all conjecture I know.
You make a good argument, Mikey. However, he’s failed to impress enough at any club since he left Wimbledon, not just Pompey. Some clubs suit certain players and it seemed his was Wimbledon. I’ve made the parallel before and Marquis had a similar success story at Doncaster. I wouldn’t want either of them back. Strikers are always best judged on what their current stats show.

Do the names Harrison and Walker mean anything to you? They had good records at previous clubs too.
"Without looking in any depth"

I don't think you looked at all ;-)
Pigs was OK. Not terrible by any means and showed glimpses. But for a League One side chasing promotion he isn't the calibre of player required.
Pages: 1 2 3