TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: What a fantastic game!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thoroughly enjoyed that. Pompey should have won it easily but all credit to Charlton for making it a contest.
Bishop missed a hat trick full.
Norris’ worse game by a mile. Should have covered the first goal and looks like he could have done better for their second. Couple of other flaps too. Been pretty solid until now.
(11-11-2023, 05:06 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop missed a hat trick full.

Probably one of the worst players in the side today and that’s only because of the misses. A great performance all round.
Pity it wasn't televised then.
(11-11-2023, 05:09 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Norris’ worse game by a mile. Should have covered the first goal and looks like he could have done better for their second. Couple of other flaps too. Been pretty solid until now.

Nah, he was beaten by some excellent shots.
(11-11-2023, 05:12 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2023, 05:09 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Norris’ worse game by a mile. Should have covered the first goal and looks like he could have done better for their second. Couple of other flaps too. Been pretty solid until now.

If you see the first again he’s well off his post from the narrowest of angles.
Yes it was a very good game, though usual story of not taking chances, but credit to Charlton, indeed all 22+ players. However, much though I really like his management, I blame JM entirely for the final result. Taking Karama off was crazy - he was on fire - and as for putting right-footed Swanson in at LB when we all knew Charlton would be a threat all game up front, it was a ridiculous decision.
Stop trying to find a scapegoat. Nothing wrong with his performance.
(11-11-2023, 05:21 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it was a very good game, though usual story of not taking chances, but credit to Charlton, indeed all 22+ players. However, much though I really like his management, I blame JM entirely for the final result. Taking Karama off was crazy - he was on fire - and as for putting right-footed Swanson in at LB when we all knew Charlton would be a threat all game up front, it was a ridiculous decision.

He’s played there before. Swanson was a real threat down their left side. The only thing he could be criticised for was not being tall enough to stop their second goal
(11-11-2023, 05:24 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2023, 05:21 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it was a very good game, though usual story of not taking chances, but credit to Charlton, indeed all 22+ players. However, much though I really like his management, I blame JM entirely for the final result. Taking Karama off was crazy - he was on fire - and as for putting right-footed Swanson in at LB when we all knew Charlton would be a threat all game up front, it was a ridiculous decision.

He’s played there before. Swanson was a real threat down their left side. The only thing he could be criticised for was not being tall enough to stop their second goal

.....bloody short-arse
And he’s six foot one!!!
MOTM candidates for me, Sparkes, Lane, Robertson. It has been a long time since I have struggled to choose between so many options.

Norris however, we have been expecting this for weeks. He is dodgy.
Norris was shocking , that’s 3 goals in 2 games he’s cost us. Need a far better keeper come the summer. Also thought Rafferty was poor . Lane, Morrell and Robertson were all fantastic. Bish was so so , on another he would’ve scored more.
From the South Upper. Where we can see little of the far side as we are in the back row.
Norris . We were right behind both goals and he fluffed both. Wheras we allowed their keeper to look like their man of the match. 3
Raff was fine 7
Sparkes again from our view, looked a bit of a liability defensively but had zero cover in front of him for most of the second half. 5
Raggie and Shaughnessy good but not great 7
Robertson MOM 8
Morrell good until he had to make a key pass which he kept fluffing for some reason 6.
Lane 8 even after getting flattened
Kamara gave us a chance of beating the hoodoo with a goal to match the Camara goal in 2004 faded and needs a rest. 7
Bishop, listened to hard to the criticism on Sunday about not running the channels. 6

Whyte. Not sure where he disappeared to could not see him at all for their second goal. 4
Saydee flattered to deceive a bit. 7
Sansom suddenly appeared at left back after their second, could do a job there maybe? 6
Think you mean Swanson Hammie lol. I am old enough to remember Kenny Sansom though

Nope, at fault for both goals IMO.  No striker should able to score from that angle with a keeper in the middle (but was there a deflection?) but it looked like the second one went through his hands. 

Compare that to the miraculous stops their keeper made (some of them flukes I thought) and that was why we dropped the points. 

But we shouldn't complain, it ws a cracking game of football to watch. Best game of the season by a long way. I came away thinking we deserved to win, but Charlton also deserved a point.
(11-11-2023, 06:10 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Think you mean Swanson Hammie lol. I am old enough to remember Kenny Sansom though

Spot on. I may not be great on names these days. Looks a very very good prospect to me now.
Seeing him pop up at left back, I think we might have to put him in there. Too good to be left out and allows Sparkes to push up.
Devlin. Knew I missed someone. Decent game 7
Well they did us again, but at least they could only sing we never lose at Fratton Park, rather than we always win at Fratton Park, as it was last year.
I'm not Robertson's biggest fan, but I thought he had a cracking game today, often finding himself in tight spots and being able to make space for himself. Lane did a good day's work. Rafferty and Norris poor. 
Did taking off Kamara open up the left side? It certainly looked like it. In fact, none of the substitutions was justified or worthwhile. He had to get his mate on, though.
Injury list getting worrying. Scully, Lowery, Ogilvie, Pack, now Poole. Hopefully get a couple back soon. Need Morrell (who's playing really well at the mo) to avoid another yellow for a while as that would mean suspension. He tried his hardest to get one today with a rugby tackle!
(11-11-2023, 06:23 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Well they did us again, but at least they could only sing we never lose at Fratton Park, rather than we always win at Fratton Park, as it was last year.
I'm not Robertson's biggest fan, but I thought he had a cracking game today, often finding himself in tight spots and being able to make space for himself. Lane did a good day's work. Rafferty and Norris poor. 
Did taking off Kamara open up the left side? It certainly looked like it. In fact, none of the substitutions was justified or worthwhile. He had to get his mate on, though.

I think it took Robertson a while to grow into the deeper role. Now he looks great and is finding ways to get forward. Will be looking forward to see Pack and Morrell back in the deep role and Robertson up into the ten again. Looks a proper player, ha shaken off the tippy tappy coaching!
(11-11-2023, 06:13 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Nope, at fault for both goals IMO.  No striker should able to score from that angle with a keeper in the middle (but was there a deflection?) but it looked like the second one went through his hands. 

Compare that to the miraculous stops their keeper made (some of them flukes I thought) and that was why we dropped the points. 

But we shouldn't complain, it ws a cracking game of football to watch. Best game of the season by a long way. I came away thinking we deserved to win, but Charlton also deserved a point.

The second was pin point accurate, hitting the ground under his outstretched left hand.

So was there a deflection and if so, is it still the keepers fault?
i thought he had the ball and then it squirmed out of his grasp. Needed to get both hands behind the ball which is what he usually does pretty well.
I feel he shouldn’t really have been beaten at the near post from such a tight angle. He’s not been his best the last two games but he’s bailed us out with some fantastic saves a few times so can still be given a vote of confidence, especially as Schofield doesn’t look that special.
Pages: 1 2 3