TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Yengi on his way....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As expected, he's in the Aussie squad for the Asian Cup, so we've lost him for a month.

Much has been made about the strength / depth of our squad this season, so let's hope loosing Yengi doesn't trigger a collapse of form that we always seem to have after Christmas!
Just as well Bish has recovered so quickly. Need Saydee and Robbo to find their shooting boots.
Robertson is not in it, which is brilliant news.
Did without Yengi before and we’re top.

No need to panic.
Agree. It’s a loss but we should be fine if Colby stays fit. I think we might bring in a loan striker in Jan.
Wonder if Peterborough would loan us Johnson Clarke-Harris seeing as he's only warming the bench at 'boro. Probably not but as for buying, the £800k price tag Bristrol Rovers were prepared to pay is nonsense.
Would we loan Yengi to Peterborough? As he is only warming the bench.
Saydee is apparently unfit - swollen foot - so if that turns out to be a real problem we will need cover for Bishop
Glad for him,but does stink for us. At least Robertson was not called in either, or would be a big mess. I think we were always going to bring a guy or two into the fold in January, this just makes it more urgent to do so.
(22-12-2023, 02:37 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Saydee is apparently unfit - swollen foot - so if that turns out to be a real problem we will need cover for Bishop

You could of just left it like this..... 'Saydee is apparently unfit'

If you went to King Richards School, he runs like Mr Anderson would!.

And also I can't see him as a lone striker. Excellent on the ball, and a good touch but the passing and shooting leaves a lot to be desired.
You could've........nah, forget it!
Have we seen Saydee play up front for much time as yet? I think what we signed him to do ??
(22-12-2023, 09:48 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]You could've........nah, forget it!

Don't worry about it Bill..... Have a lovely Christmas, hope you are well m8
(22-12-2023, 09:35 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-12-2023, 02:37 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Saydee is apparently unfit - swollen foot - so if that turns out to be a real problem we will need cover for Bishop

You could of just left it like this..... 'Saydee is apparently unfit'

If you went to King Richards School, he runs like Mr Anderson would!.

And also I can't see him as a lone striker. Excellent on the ball, and a good touch but the passing and shooting leaves a lot to be desired.

I went to Bay House Gosport which I know in Pic n Mix language means I can't be a true Pompey supporter
That makes two of us on here.
Australia through to last 16 in Asia Cup - Kusini Yengi plays 7 mins of Syria match ffs !!
(18-01-2024, 02:35 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Australia through to last 16 in Asia Cup - Kusini Yengi plays 7 mins of Syria match ffs !!

That's good that he has got on the pitch - he is very much second string amongst their forwards so mainly there for the experience.  If he can pick up a few more sub appearances it will be good for his confidence.
(18-01-2024, 02:35 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Australia through to last 16 in Asia Cup - Kusini Yengi plays 7 mins of Syria match ffs !!

It doesn't matter. Over the last three games before he left for the asian Cup he came on for pompey at the 72nd and 83rd mins in two games, and was an used sub in the other game. So I'm not entirely confident that yengi would start anyway. Mousinho just can't drop or rest bishop.
Can't or won't?
(18-01-2024, 03:44 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Can't or won't?

Shouldn't. 

Bishop is streets ahead of Yengi for all his promise. Bishop is the finished article, Yengi just a prospect. 

One good game against Bolton doesn't change that (and who's to say Bishop wouldn't have played just as well in that game anyway the way the team played ?). 

Mousinho tried leaving Yengi in when Bishop was fit and he played his worst game for us by far and was correctly substituted. 

IMO this theory that 'dropping' Yengi was somehow the cause of our woes is a load of bollocks.  The reasons lie elsewhere.
(18-01-2024, 04:36 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Shouldn't. 

Bishop is streets ahead of Yengi for all his promise. Bishop is the finished article, Yengi just a prospect. 

One good game against Bolton doesn't change that (and who's to say Bishop wouldn't have played just as well in that game anyway the way the team played ?). 

Mousinho tried leaving Yengi in when Bishop was fit and he played his worst game for us by far and was correctly substituted. 

IMO this theory that 'dropping' Yengi was somehow the cause of our woes is a load of bollocks.  The reasons lie elsewhere.

‘Finished article’.

Really?

Shouldn't. 

Yengi has power & pace which scares defenders sh!tless - Bishop has power but is like a carthorse compared to Yengi.

Unfortunately Bishop's  playing strengths have been sussed by a lot of other teams defenders. Yengi may lack the experience & be erratic at the moment but it is early days for him. 

Moose should assess the defenders of the team we are playing against & pick accordingly. 

One size doesn't fit all.
(18-01-2024, 04:49 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Shouldn't. 

‘Finished article’.

Really?

Yes. He is 27 and has scored 33 goals for us in 70 games.  A drop in form like all strikers have does nothing to change the fact that he is one of the best centre forwards in our division.  

Yengi might be at his level in two or three years time.
(18-01-2024, 05:09 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-01-2024, 04:49 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Shouldn't. 

‘Finished article’.

Really?

Yes. He is 27 and has scored 33 goals for us in 70 games.  A drop in form like all strikers have does nothing to change the fact that he is one of the best centre forwards in our division.  

Yengi might be at his level in two or three years time.

I would guess that at least 10 of those 33 have been penalties -/so less than 1 in 3 .......Hmmmmm.

As I said Yengi has raw pace - which will take him to a higher grade than Bishop within 24 months.
Didn’t score against the mighty Syria today though.
Pages: 1 2 3