TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Who do we want?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now KJ has gone, realistically who do we want?
Do we can't a caretaker for the rest of the season or get someone in on a two year deal now?
In my book anyone who can put a rocket up the players arses and let them know they are playing fo rthe city and that Blue shirt.
Oh, and have aplane B or C is it's not going that well after twenty minutes.
(14-03-2021, 11:55 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Now KJ has gone, realistically who do we want?
Do we can't a caretaker for the rest of the season or get someone in on a two year deal now?
In my book anyone who can put a rocket up the players arses and let them know they are playing fo rthe city and that Blue shirt.
Oh, and have aplane B or C is it's not going that well after twenty minutes.

If the right person is ready now, then so be it. 

If not, wait 13 games, until they are available. Get a caretaker for the last 13 games, give them a total free hit with nothing to lose.
It has to be a new face. Anyone but Gallen or any of the coaching staff who have been clueless in tactics, motivation and training. New broom and all that..
Maybe no coincidence that wilder walked from Sheffield Utd yesterday
I’d love Appleton, Wilder or Warnock but ain’t gonna happen
What bluetagagain said plus,and Noel Blake and Barry Ferguson as outsiders. A role for Gary O Neil or Matt Taylor, possibly as assistants would be good.
Mrs Curtis as team cheerleader and motivator
Appleton please.
Appleton does have unfinished business here.
Lee Bowyer is bookies favourite. Don't want him, thank you
Whit as caretaker and see how he gets on for me. Knows the team has watched every single game, might even be able to get Awfs back (and Hards) to get the fabled U23 set up under way.
I was not aware that O Driscoll was in our academy. Seems an obvious shoe in for caretaker then. and links to higher league clubs who would lend us decent young players longer term.
Would be nice if the club could be a bit more like Swansea who seem to really do some good business when recruiting new managers (apart from the yank!), they don't seem to pay much attention to the bookie's lists.
Just throwing things in, how about Duff at Cheltenham, don't know their style of play, but they seem to be going along nicely. What about Revell at Stevenage, new to management but has pulled them away from the foot to mid table, and Mark Sampson also at Stevenage with him. There's also Jimmy Floyd doing pretty well at Burton.
Tomsk you must be in mourning now that Jackett has gone being as you backed through hell and high water
Whoever it is they've got to be good on the training pitch, with all the players on the floor it has to be someone that puts the joy back into the game. Would be happy enough with O'Driscoll till the end of the season with the hope of attacting Appleton back for a longer spell - though I've no idea what their training sessions would be like.
(14-03-2021, 03:01 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Whoever it is they've got to be good on the training pitch, with all the players on the floor it has to be someone that puts the joy back into the game. Would be happy enough with O'Driscoll till the end of the season with the hope of attacting Appleton back for a longer spell - though I've no idea what their training sessions would be like.

That is surely exactly right. make them enjoy their football again. 'Arry had that knack and we need someone who can do it from day one even if it's just til end of season. easier said than found I'm sure.
(14-03-2021, 02:59 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Tomsk you must be in mourning now that Jackett has gone being as you backed through hell and high water

I back the manager whoever it is whilst I believe they're still backable, and up until the last couple of weeks he still was, in my view. But he's gone now and we move on. 
You're still a bed wetting, glass-half-empty, whingeing old tosspot though  Smile
Cheers Tomsk ( I think),I'm happy admit to being an old tosspot though. As regards the other descriptions it was only whilst we had KJ :-)
I just hope the board take their time and appoint the right person this time, as stats aren't everything. Regarding Harris who appears to one of the favourites, I fear he might be a Jackett protege ( always happy top be proven wrong tho). Personally I'd prefer a caretaker until seasons end then maybe we can attract other managers who might be at clubs but don't fancy jumping ship halfway through a season ( ie Appleton).
Not too fussed who we get as Caretaker 

but I'd like Ryan Lowe in the summer.
Daniel Stendel now 2/1 favourite with Skybet and the odds shortening. 

Bowyer drifted out to 8/1 and way down the list.
Is Stendel the one Joey Barton nutted?
(14-03-2021, 05:17 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Is Stendel the one Joey Barton nutted?

Yes he is.

And he is now 1/2 on.   

Someone thinks it him for sure. 

Barnsley fans thought enough of him to protest when he got sacked so he must have something about him.
One year before sacked at Hanover. 18 months sacked Barnsley and one year and left Hearts with win % of 29%. I had never heard of him before but these aren’t fantastic stats. People seem to think it would be a good appointment... do his teams play good football? I know Barnsley went up from this league with him. Anyone got more than stats about him because numbers are never the whole story.
(14-03-2021, 06:05 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2021, 05:17 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Is Stendel the one Joey Barton nutted?

Yes he is.

And he is now 1/2 on.   

Someone thinks it him for sure. 

Barnsley fans thought enough of him to protest when he got sacked so he must have something about him.

Be happy with either Stendel, Bowyer or Appleton.
 Dont want the Cowleys-long ball merchants that'd make Jacketts football look like Barcelona ffs.
(14-03-2021, 06:39 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]One year before sacked at Hanover. 18 months sacked Barnsley and one year and left  Hearts with win % of 29%. I had never heard of him before but these aren’t fantastic stats. People seem to think it would be a good appointment... do his teams play good football? I know Barnsley went up from this league with him. Anyone got more than stats about him because numbers are never the whole story.

All this  win percentage stuff is boIIocks really isn’t it I mean jackett has a great win % but his football is so fvckin tedious you can count on one hand (or in dsmg’s case both hands and feet) the amount of good games you saw under him in the boredom of the years he’s been here but then you’ve got someone like Bobby Campbell’s team when we went up to the old 2nd division his win percentage that season couldn’t have been good but it was bIoody exciting stuff every game you knew there’d be goals you just didn’t know at which end.

I’ll be happy with anyone who plays positive attacking football I don’t expect us to be world beaters in the 3rd division I’d just like to see attacking football for the first time in 4 years. I’m so fvckin happy that he’s finally gone.
Bobby Campbell’s still one of my favourite Pompey managers and always will be,loved the football under him. RIP
This guy will do fine as long as it is pints of brown split instead of tequila :- https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/...ns-sacked/
Pages: 1 2