TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Norris
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wish he'd stop faffing about with the ball, he nearly got caught out again. He should concentrate more on his distribution which was pathetic again.
I think the weather in the second half might have made it difficult to pass long. Their keeper did a decent job of passing onto heads with a team coached to pick up the flick on.
(01-01-2024, 05:04 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Wish he'd stop faffing about with the ball, he nearly got caught out again. He should concentrate more on his distribution which was pathetic again.

Silly booking for sure, but apart from one that went out for a throw in the second helf (and in those conditions that is hardly surprising) I thought his distribution was back to normal - he put the ball on Bishops head from 50 yards several times today. 

Thought he should have reacted better to Thompson's header though and at least made an effort to save it . He has a worrying habit of just watching goals go in recently.  But he made up for it with two excellent saves, one in each half.
He reminds me of De Gea, albeit a League 1 flavour. This is another such example.
Stop fucking about.
He's the least of our problems.

We are garbage. We have massively gone downhill.

Our season unraveling in front of our eyes.
For me today has reinforced the views I have held for a while, Norris should be dropped now that we have Macey sat on the bench..... From corners or deliveries into the box, he doesn't help the defenders... Unlike Leyton Orient keeper who came for everything.

Saydee shouldn't have started in front of Lowery... And after todays showing if he doesn't start the next game questions should be asked!. Lowery did more in 2 minutes then Saydee for the whole first half.....

Why have we given Martin a contract... I'm sorry but doesn't look like he has anywhere near the qualities we need.

And I can't see us scoring when Kamara is having an off game like today.

Time for some reinforcements.... Lets see how committed the Eisner's are in getting promoted.

Because at the moment we are looking short on the reinforcements front.

Time to stop the rot!... PUP
Spot on. Norris catches nothing and his distribution is poor. Saydee.. dear god.. fat and useless springs to mind.
And some people think we'd get decent money for saydee and norris???
Norris, the best keeper in league one, until yesterday. He wasn’t at fault for any of the goals, his defence was. This is needless scapegoating.
(14-01-2024, 09:25 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Norris, the best keeper in league one, until yesterday. He wasn’t at fault for any of the goals, his defence was. This is needless scapegoating.

Wasn't at fault is not really good enough tho' is it.
He seemed pretty flat footed as the balls wizzed past him.
Another keeper may well have saved a couple.
‘Wasn’t at fault’ covers everything, I believe.

Which do you think he could have saved?
(14-01-2024, 09:34 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]‘Wasn’t at fault’ covers everything, I believe.

Which do you think he could have saved?

I will review the highlights and come back to you on the second part, but in the interim - all 3
It will be good to debate it.
For my part it’s not scapegoating. Norris is a stay at home keeper. Nightmare for defenders. Give me a keeper who wants to dominate the area like Orient’s did. Having said that, a keeper is left helpless when most of the team in front of him have gone AWOL from minute 1.
It seems a few are saying Orients keeper dominated his box. He really didn’t and he didn’t have to. Practically every cross went dead centre of his box and we didn’t have enough bodies in there to capitalise. He was put under very little pressure.
Thinking back to Knightsie diving at feet, collecting everything in the air - oh what a keeper he was.
Bravery needed to be a keeper and he had it bucket loads. Norris... too timid for me. He's ok but doesn't fill me with confidence. Just a personal opinion.
Until yesterday, best keeper in league one. Yet his main critiques say the defence is dodgy.

Who’s at fault?
My verdict on Norris yesterday was that he could have done more for the first by spreading himself at the player's feet, but it wasn't a goal you could blame him for  (Morrell mostly at fault for not tracking back when the scorer ran past him, and Sparkes could have shown more awareness of where the player was). 

Second goal was entirely Norris' fault, No cross should pass that close to the goal without the keeper coming out to claim it. Instead he stood on his line and watched the ball cross the line again - something he has a few times recently. 

Third goal he could do nothing about - Bishop allowed his man to get a clear header and should take the blame, although sometimes you just have to give credit to the forward for a very good header. 

Norris has been OK at worst this season, and sometimes very good and has some credit in the bank, but I suspect Macey will replace him at some point and probably keep the job when he does if he plays as well as he did last season.
Norris has been very good.
But is a typical modern keeper/defender.
Only picked if he can pass.
Does not dominate his area at all, faffs around, winds up the opposition and wastes time, belly flops whenever he can.
The last time we won a league we bought in Forde who was the missing link in that team. Once he got fully fit, he dominated the area, plucked crosses for fun and also made fantastic saves.
I would start Macey as soon as fit, partly just to shake up the team and get a fresh voice in there. I'd do the same in anther couple of positions if we can get in any quality signings.
Whoever is in goal, we need to move on from passing out. Not either centre half's game, so abandon it. We have quality wingers, so just get the ball to them and make sure who ever is at ten offers them a wall pass. Norris can pass to the wings well.
Think Bishop is going to be relieved of his near post defensive duties after yesterday.

Don't criticise him though, I can't bare the thought of him skulking about even more!
(14-01-2024, 06:03 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Think Bishop is going to be relieved of his near post defensive duties after yesterday.

Don't criticise him though, I can't bare the thought of him skulking about even more!

Bishop doesn't have near post defensive duties, we don't play a zonal defence at corners. Like most teams we have players allocated to pick up individual opposition players. Yesterday Bishop was on Agyei and would have appeared on wherever Agyei went.  

And it's bear not bare FFS !
Predictive text may have had a hand in that but I'm perfectly happy for you to believe that I used all of the same letters in the wrong order and I'm thick as shit for it if you like?

Meanwhile, you crack on popping up on every thread telling us what Bishop thinks, feels and does and telling us how awful we are for criticising him and having an agenda of trying to drive him out of the club.

What is he having for breakfast tomorrow?

Will whatever he chooses be wrong?

Good evening.
(14-01-2024, 07:04 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Predictive text may have had a hand in that but I'm perfectly happy for you to believe that I used all of the same letters in the wrong order and I'm thick as shit for it if you like?

Meanwhile, you crack on popping up on every thread telling us what Bishop thinks, feels and does and telling us how awful we are for criticising him and having an agenda of trying to drive him out of the club.

What is he having for breakfast tomorrow?

Will whatever he chooses be wrong?

Good evening.

I thought I was the one who criticised him for their third goal.
Pages: 1 2 3