TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cheltenham Away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can't be bothered with a fancy title for this thread.

Am more bothered about complacency amongst our fans. Need to treat this game as a tough fixture at one of the form sides who are on a great run with Darrell Clarke at the helm.

Back in October, CTFC were 25 points behind Oxford having played a game more than OUFC. Now they are 26 points behind with a game in hand! 

Hopefully Mous will have the players fired up after the 0-0 draw against them at FP.  We need a performance similar to those at Northampton and Shrewsbury!
I’m not worried.

This side is either good enough, or it isn’t. Up to them to prove it either way.
They have the ability, they’ve proved it.

Top of the league.
In anticipation of Tit aka Fraser chipping in here, I thought I'd save him the trouble:

"If they don't get seven points from this game, they'll be doomed, doomed I say!"
We're like Forest Gump's box of chocolates at present, but knock it around as we know they can and they'll cause too many problems for Cheltenham, regardless of their improving form. The home fixture against them was a right clusterf*** with the linesman debacle (pretty sure it is the latest I've ever walked out of FP after a 3pm kickoff) so I'll settle for an uneventful, low scoring win.
It's ours to win, draw or lose, entirely depends on which Pompey turn up.
(03-01-2024, 10:50 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]In anticipation of Tit aka Fraser chipping in here, I thought I'd save him the trouble:

"If they don't get seven points from this game, they'll be doomed, doomed I say!"

I’m looking forward to a full report on what Guy thought of the game.

In case anybody missed it…..
(03-01-2024, 10:01 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Can't be bothered with a fancy title for this thread.

Cheltenham Chumps Challenge Champs?
We have to win this game, its a chance to open up a gap at the top with the other teams in FA cup action , no faffing about Pompey 3-0 !
Our record against the bottom four so far this season should stop us being complacent. 

Home draws against Cheltenham & Fleetwood, and the away draw at Exeter generally regarded as amongst our worst results of the season, and the only one we won was against Carlisle with a winner in Shaughnessy time after anohter very flat performance.  And we have had 4 draws in 5 appearances at Cheltenham in recent years.  

There is no doubt that this team plays better against better teams.
(03-01-2024, 04:05 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Our record against the bottom four so far this season should stop us being complacent. 

Home draws against Cheltenham & Fleetwood, and the away draw at Exeter generally regarded as amongst our worst results of the season, and the only one we won was against Carlisle with a winner in Shaughnessy time after anohter very flat performance.  And we have had 4 draws in 5 appearances at Cheltenham in recent years.  

There is no doubt that this team plays better against better teams.

Those that don't park the bus. Still not sure we have enough training for that scenario.
Let's hope Cheltenham are...ahem... not at the races  Cool

I'll get me coat
Even I………
Let’s hope their pitch is playable, huge flooding in Gloustershire.
A boring 1-0 Win will do,ta
Does feel that we need to be rotating to some extent. We have a lot of younger players who have not played a full season week in week out. Whether the squad we have available is good enough to do that is another thing. Provided we keep cleaning sheets we should have enough for the minnows especially away from home in a funny sort of way.
(05-01-2024, 08:08 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]A boring 1-0 Win will do,ta

What is the point of watching football, to be bored for 90 mins and get a 1-0 win????

I am sick to death of being bored! I was heartily sick to death of Jackett’s brand of boring results (and he was a very successful manager for us but……yawn).

We are top of the league and that only happens once in a blue moon. We could be in the championship and be absolutely shit, for years!!! 

FFS, let’s smash everyone in sight and have a season to remember!!! I detest the idea of being bored. I don’t mind losing but I don’t want to waste my valuable time being bored.

I hope Cheltenham play an absolute blinder and we win 4-5
Totally agree. If and hopefully when we go up this season it will be a long long time before we are ever top of the league again so
lets enjoy it and score as many as we can especially against weaker opposition
Cheltenham are a better side than ther league position suggests and will probably stay up.

This isn't a walkover like some may think.

I expect they will put 10 men behind the ball, and expect a similar result to exeter and fleetwood.

0 0 for me and another very bad result.
Boooorrrinnnggggg
0-1 will do... But I fancy 0-4 today, I have a good feeling about this one.
Did anyone watch extended highlights of cheltenhams game v reading? 

They battered reading at times and had 21 shots.

This is a reading team that has really come into form now.

This will be a very tough afternoon.
(06-01-2024, 10:49 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone watch extended highlights of cheltenhams game v reading? 

They battered reading at times and had 21 shots.

This is a reading team that has really come into form now.

This will be a very tough afternoon.

I look forward to seeing you online, later today after another dominating performance by the lads.....  And another 3 points on the board, as we edge closer to the league title and a showdown with the (I will let you add this bit) Dirty Sc****** Next season!.

I will wait for you to fill in the blanks!.
And also being a Pompey fan as you say, can you tell me where the burger vans are on match day?.....
Titch is on a win-win situation. If he's right, it's I told you so and if he's wrong (like last week), it's silence. WUM if ever I saw one.
(06-01-2024, 11:16 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Titch is on a win-win situation. If he's right, it's I told you so and if he's wrong (like last week), it's silence. WUM if ever I saw one.

Lead him down a path.... Lets see how he does with some Pompey Info.
I also want to know if he went to the checkatrade final..... And how he got there if he did?.
Pages: 1 2