TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We won't win the playoffs.
Make some subs John! ASAP
Surprised we haven't seen Saydee by now?
(06-01-2024, 04:26 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]It would be a massive decline for us to miss the play offs. As for our record in play offs I made no mention of us winning them)))

True you didn’t but I’d rather we weren’t all put through the anguish that has been previous play offs.
Can't argue with that!! )
No quality service for the best striker in the league, dear o dear
Bishop isn't the best striker in the league.

He's nowhere near as good as jonson Clarke Harris, dion Charles, devante Cole and a few more.
Scully can fcuk off as well, equally as shyte as whyte
For God's sake Pompey:
Stop pissing around with the ball at the back; practice against teams that park the bus; employ a good striker coach etc etc
Mousinho is reminding me of Cowley and Bishop is reminding me of Marquis. This is fucked
Sad that JMs big attacking signings have been a wash out. Big week ahead in the transfer market i think.
We should have had a penalty at the end there. Maybe that’s why Bishop was still on the pitch, just in case we got a pen
Bad result today. After we went 1-0 up should have gone on to win easily. Shaughnessy got caught trying to play out from the back. The difference between the teams they took their chances we didn't. Not sure where we go from here as reallyNot a promotion performance.
Truly awful result and performance not to mention embarrassing. Pompey couldn’t win a Sunday parks game at the present time. We score first and can’t protect the lead the opposition score first game over.
The rest of L1 have suddenly realised that to stop Pompey all you have to do is cut out the crosses because this team will not shoot from outside the penalty box and everybody knows Kamara cums in his pants every time he prepares to make the final ball.

So disappointing. From having a strong bench, we're down to not even using them all.

Having said that, that was two clear cut penalties for us and an obstruction on Raggett for their second.

The owners have a choice more drinks kiosks or strengthen the squad.

Oh and fuck off to the troll who will be polluting this messageboard well into the night and beyond.
Bugger. Bugger, bugger bugger.
We didn't play badly... Their goals come from our own mistakes.

First goal came from a throw in, via a bad ball from Pack to Kamara... He did the same for the build up to the second goal, playing it behind Sparks.... Then Shaughnessy got caught dallying on the ball in the box.

We stopped playing to Kamara second half which was frustrating... Bishop had a couple of chances, but wasn't marked out of the game like normal.

I like the way he has come deeper, to link up the play in the last couple of games.

Lane should have played Sparks in for a great chance on the pull back.

Pack had an off day and Shaughnessy also made a big mistake..... But all is not lost there is a long way to go.
It looked to me that Scully was caught in the box. It was Shauhgnessy who was obstructed for their 2nd.
If they keep diving in the box , they will get fcuk all, Bishop up front against 3 centre backs and high aimless crosses deserves nothing.
No fcuking pace or guile going forward won’t get us promoted.
Whyte, scully, should be at moneyfields on Monday, fcuking useless
It's strange, Mix , how you get so much stick on this site for your conspiracy views and general mad theories.. but when it comes to Pompey and the footy you are the only bar steward on here who talks any sense!
(06-01-2024, 05:28 PM)pushbike_pete_PFC Wrote: [ -> ]It's strange, Mix , how you get so much stick on this site for your conspiracy views and general mad theories.. but when it comes to Pompey and the footy you are the only bar steward on here who talks any sense!

Pete, wait till you find out, I am talking sense about the other stuff too!..Wink
Starting to look like another false dawn. Our manager now has a career defining month. Pulls us through it and he’s worth keeping. Fails to pull us through it and it’s tata time.
(06-01-2024, 05:18 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]We didn't play badly... Their goals come from our own mistakes.

First goal came from a throw in, via a bad ball from Pack to Kamara... He did the same for the build up to the second goal, playing it behind Sparks.... Then Shaughnessy got caught dallying on the ball in the box.

We stopped playing to Kamara second half which was frustrating... Bishop had a couple of chances, but wasn't marked out of the game like normal.

I like the way he has come deeper, to link up the play in the last couple of games.

Lane should have played Sparks in for a great chance on the pull back.

Pack had an off day and Shaughnessy also made a big mistake..... But all is not lost there is a long way to go.

I agree with all of that, though I thought Pack was good in the first half. 

I also agree we shouldn't have stopped playing to Kamara in the second half - he caused them loads of problems in the first, including that possible penalty and getting the ball to Lane despite being brought down - if the ref had played advantage we'd have been one up at half time - Lane hit that perfectly and I don't think they'd have got a block in, whistle or no whistle. 

We had some bad luck in the second half - we weren't great but we pounded them at times and the ball just never seemed to come down right for us in the box.
Personally I feel the problem is that we’re accommodating Kamara on the right to the detriment of Lane. IMO I’d like to see Lane on the right, Scully on the left ( He was JM’s first choice for this position until his injury),and Kamara in the 10 role and utilising his pace more.
(06-01-2024, 05:35 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Starting to look like another false dawn. Our manager now has a career defining month. Pulls us through it and he’s worth keeping. Fails to pull us through it and it’s tata time.

I thought they were going to lose to Stevenage and that would have been taxi for Mousinho, but, as you say, he has a short reprieve.
Pages: 1 2 3