TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06-01-2024, 06:25 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I feel the problem is that we’re accommodating Kamara on the right to the detriment of Lane. IMO I’d like to see Lane on the right, Scully on the left ( He was JM’s first choice for this position until his injury),and Kamara in the 10 role and utilising his pace more.
Definitely worth a try.
(06-01-2024, 06:25 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I feel the problem is that we’re accommodating Kamara on the right to the detriment of Lane. IMO I’d like to see Lane on the right, Scully on the left ( He was JM’s first choice for this position until his injury),and Kamara in the 10 role and utilising his pace more.

that has been a worry since we switched them over.
Kamara is not left sided but had learned to cope with it, wonder if his home club had a word?
This season we have stepped up against the best sides in the division.
Sadly we have not yet worked out how to play a routine win against weaker sides.
The problem we have is we don't have enough goalscorers in the squad. Bishop, Lane are way ahead, the midfield is woeful in that department as is Whyte and Saydee.
The central midfield is dire as regards scoring goals.
Saydee seems to have an awful lot to learn.
Kamara looks a very good prospect but should not be having to play as many games as he has this season.
Whyte seems to have just lost whatever made him a good player.
Putting a lot of pressure on our defence to not only keep clean sheets but also be better ball players than those in front of them.
Kamara gets in good positions to score or create a goal but usually fluffs his lines
Saydee put in a fantastic cross to Bishop. He did more to create a decent chance, in the few minutes he was on, than Kamara did all game.
(06-01-2024, 05:35 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Starting to look like another false dawn. Our manager now has a career defining month. Pulls us through it and he’s worth keeping. Fails to pull us through it and it’s tata time.

(06-01-2024, 06:39 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2024, 05:35 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Starting to look like another false dawn. Our manager now has a career defining month. Pulls us through it and he’s worth keeping. Fails to pull us through it and it’s tata time.

I thought they were going to lose to Stevenage and that would have been taxi for Mousinho, but, as you say, he has a short reprieve.

Honestly this is the kind of shit that is so so typical of football fans these days. One bad run of results and it's banging on about the manager being offski. It's ridiculous. Come on.

Let's look at some of the challenges Mousinho is facing. Our main centre back who is crucial to our style of play was ruled out for the rest of the season in November with a freak injury (OK you can blame JM for Poole being in the side that day). Our first choice left back has been out since the autums. All three of our main options to potentially play in a creative midfielder role are either injured or in Lowery's case are just recovering from them. Our main striker has had a bad injury that he still doesn't look to have recovered his sharpness from. Our new left winger Scully has had a nothing season due to injury and the new right midfielder Whyte has done nothing. Our second choice right back is injured. Our club captain missed a chunk of the season with an injury.

If you give this kind of injury list throughout just over half a season to Bolton, Derby, Peterborough, whoever they would seriously struggle. We saw the capitulation last season when a more lightweight squad with Cowley in charge went from top to about 15th. I'm sure there are things he could have done a bit better with the benefit of hindsight but jeez it has been a rough run of luck.
I think we are currently showing capitulation right now and Bishop may as well be John Marquis with how he’s playing
Dalessando's accurate account reads like Cowley last season all over again IMO.
(07-01-2024, 01:30 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Dalessando's accurate account reads like Cowley last season all over again IMO.

V much hope not.
Alfie May has scored 15 in 22 games for Charlton. We should make a bid for him
I’m sure Charlton will be desperate to get rid of him.

We’re having a wobble but still creating plenty of chances. I’m not worried yet.

I think we should acknowledge that Cheltenham were very resolute in their defending yesterday. They’ve been getting very good results lately and it’s easy to see why.
(06-01-2024, 04:52 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]No quality service for the best striker in the league, dear o dear

Bishop misses far too many chances to be considered the best striker in the league. In fact the whole team do not work the keeper nearly enough and blow so many clear cut chances,
Not enough goals in the team to sustain a promotion campaign all season . Now being sussed out and opponents have nullified us . Got to have midfielders who can chip in with goals . Play offs at best now as I think we will fal away
New sheets please.
The problem with these coaches that come off of the uefa coaching badge conveyor belt,is they only seem to be able to play one way...I blame pep
(07-01-2024, 11:19 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with these coaches that come off of the uefa coaching badge conveyor belt,is they only seem to be able to play one way...I blame pep

blame the FA.
and those who allow the top clubs to take the best youngsters and brainwash them into playing only one way.
Pages: 1 2 3