TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The season starts again this Saturday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last Saturday's miserable defeat at Cheltenham was undoubtedly the lowest point of our season so far, and has left even the most ardent Pompey fan thinking...."ffs, here we go again". However...

The way I see it is that the Team, and supporters, can either choose to wallow in self pity, or look at our next 7 fixtures (Orient to Reading) and say, "right, the season re-starts here" 

So....let's get 5 wins / 2 draws from these games. Do that, and those 17 points would get us to 70 points by end of Feb....which would surely put us in real contention.

C'mon Pompey, draw a line under the past 5 games and let's go again!!
The stevenage game wasn't too bad. I'm doing my best to be optimistic this season and not get too frustrated with dips in form. The boys just need a big rest really. Reading into Colbys tantrum they are mentally tired too.

Hopefully the players know we are backing them (win or lose) at the moment and we still have belief that they are the best team in the division. They've shown over 23 odd games that they are.

A couple of fresh bodies in Jan wouldn't go a miss and we know Mr Hughes has irons in the fire. 

Definitely excited for the next game, not dreading it (like last year).

PUP
I was dreading going Saturday but I've now got to go to the states for work Thursday evening so can't attend. 

Pleased I won't be watching that shitshow. Delighted in fact as when I can use my season ticket, I don't enjoy going much anymore. 

We got 5 points from 15 available in the last 5 games against crap teams, what makes you think we will now get 17 points from 21 in the next 7? Without Robertson too. Absolutely zero chance.

I feel sorry for the saddos who live for football at the weekends, because this team have bottled it and will continue to do so.

The season doesn't start again Saturday, this team will let us down when it matters.
(09-01-2024, 03:21 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]The stevenage game wasn't too bad. I'm doing my best to be optimistic this season and not get too frustrated with dips in form. The boys just need a big rest really. Reading into Colbys tantrum they are mentally tired too.

Hopefully the players know we are backing them (win or lose) at the moment and we still have belief that they are the best team in the division. They've shown over 23 odd games that they are.

A couple of fresh bodies in Jan wouldn't go a miss and we know Mr Hughes has irons in the fire. 

PUP

We aren't the best team in the division.

Peterborough, Bolton and Derby are better than us.
If Bolton & Peterborough are so much better than us how come we beat them 3-1 & 2-0 ?
(09-01-2024, 04:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]If Bolton & Peterborough are so much better than us how come we beat them 3-1 & 2-0 ?

One off results

They happen. You're smart enough to know that.

I will bet you any amount you can afford, even if you can only afford 100 quid, that those 3 will finish higher than us. Loser pays to charity.

Peterborough looked brilliant at Derby with their attacking players, much more entertaining and effective than us. They bossed it.

Bolton have 2 games in hand and Derby are motoring now too. They will overtake us shortly.

If you think we will finish above those 3 then you're stupid.
(09-01-2024, 04:10 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I was dreading going Saturday but I've now got to go to the states for work Thursday evening so can't attend. 

Pleased I won't be watching that shitshow. Delighted in fact as when I can use my season ticket, I don't enjoy going much anymore. 

We got 5 points from 15 available in the last 5 games against crap teams, what makes you think we will now get 17 points from 21 in the next 7? Without Robertson too. Absolutely zero chance.

I feel sorry for the saddos who live for football at the weekends, because this team have bottled it and will continue to do so.

The season doesn't start again Saturday, this team will let us down when it matters.

That’s good then, we’ll all be better off won’t we?

You won’t have to watch a team you obviously don’t support and we will have one fewer wet blankets in the stands.

Everyone’s a winner.
Cowes! You're back!
Is there an ‘ignore’ option on this board?
Tit - next time someone says 'penny for your thoughts' - TAKE IT!
Titchy, you talk of saddos. Your posts as a ‘Pompey’ supporter are amongst the saddest posts I’ve ever seen on this board. You NEVER add anything positive, just moan after moan after moan. What a sad existence. I’ll take your bet on, only a pony mind as I don’t normally gamble but for a charity is a good cause. I reckon those 3 will not all finish above Pompey. You on? P M me
Blimey....who is this TitchfieldBlue guy!?!? Talk about being doom and gloom!!!

Even if he's right and Bolton / Derby / Peterborough finish above us, that'll mean we'll end up in 4th spot and into the play-offs.....something I wager 95% of Pompey fans would have gladly settled for at the start of the season

....but hang on, we're top of the f***ing table right now, so as I said in my original post....let's kick on, starting on Saturday against the ancient Orient.
(09-01-2024, 06:38 PM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]Blimey....who is this TitchfieldBlue guy!?!? Talk about being doom and gloom!!!

Even if he's right and Bolton / Derby / Peterborough finish above us, that'll mean we'll end up in 4th spot and into the play-offs.....something I wager 95% of Pompey fans would have gladly settled for at the start of the season

....but hang on, we're top of the f***ing table right now, so as I said in my original post....let's kick on, starting on Saturday against the ancient Orient.
Absolutely right on both counts. TB is entitled to his opinion, but if I want to listen to doom and gloom all day long, I don't need TB, I can just listen to the BBC!!
(09-01-2024, 06:49 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2024, 06:38 PM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]Blimey....who is this TitchfieldBlue guy!?!? Talk about being doom and gloom!!!

Absolutely right on both counts. TB is entitled to his opinion, but if I want to listen to doom and gloom all day long, I don't need TB, I can just listen to the BBC!!

....now don't get me started on the BBC!!!!!  Angry
We gave up our STs when it began to feel more like a duty than a pleasure. Plus getting an extra ticket to take a guest was really difficult.
That and 2 more grandchildren taking up the time of dad.
I sometimes think the Americans have it right with fewer games in the main NFL season, so every game is an event. Especially when we get fixture pile ups due to international breaks and the like, games can be too much of a good thing.
Trouble is that now it is really difficult to get tickets, 2 or 3 together.
But when we can go, we really enjoy it!
Is this the same person. I think we should be told.

Fan spotted at St Mary's during last year's glorious relegation season:

[Image: Ba9ktV5.jpg]

TitchfieldBlue yesterday:

[Image: Ba9ktV5.jpg]
(09-01-2024, 03:21 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]The stevenage game wasn't too bad. I'm doing my best to be optimistic this season and not get too frustrated with dips in form. The boys just need a big rest really. Reading into Colbys tantrum they are mentally tired too.

PUP

For me watching Pompey is also a social event.Catch up with mates,have a few beers.Have a bit of a chuckle and watch the game.For the most part I have enjoyed this season and seen the odd excellent performance.Barnsley first half,Northampton and Bolton games stand out.I even enjoyed the Charlton game although we conceded the late goal.We are in league one and there is no stand out  team this season.The league is ours to win.
(09-01-2024, 05:17 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Titchy, you talk of saddos. Your posts as a ‘Pompey’ supporter are amongst the saddest posts I’ve ever seen on this board. You NEVER add anything positive, just moan after moan after moan. What a sad existence. I’ll take your bet on, only a pony mind as I don’t normally gamble but for a charity is a good cause. I reckon those 3 will not all finish above Pompey. You on? P M me

You offer a scummer a pony???
Lol, get him out of the closet
When we lost Poole, I thought the top two would be out of reach and although Raggett is a very different player we rallied and are top of the league. We have plenty of faults and are probably not as exciting to watch as Peterborough or other teams with two or more upfront, BUT it has worked to such a degree that we remain top after a series of poor results and even if others win their games in hand we currently remain in an automatic promotion slot. Injuries, suspensions, etc have hit us particularly hard but they will also impact other teams as the season progresses. So, provided that the Eisners back the recruitment team to find us, perhaps 3 or 4 players who are first team ready, I see no logical reason to say automatic promotion can not be achieved.
(09-01-2024, 04:10 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I was dreading going Saturday but I've now got to go to the states for work Thursday evening so can't attend. 

When you know, you know... and no I'm not TB/BA.

You can't make fail to admit that unfortunately for PFC he is spot on. - that is what playing over 300 games & scoring over 100 goals at this level gives you. 

We now need at least 3 quality signings to get out of this league - it isn't going to happen.
Exterm. He has been emailing me. He has not played professional football… ever.
Well if that is true TB isn't BA - because BA definitely did - still spot on though. 

If he wants to remain relatively  anonymous he'd hardly admit to anything by email either.
The season starts again... next summer
An email obviously gives his name
Pages: 1 2