TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Incoming...Readings Tom Mcintyre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(31-01-2024, 03:06 AM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Well he’s a CB and Og is a left back so I guess we will have to switch to a back three if Og comes off for him
That's the point, JM went to 3 at the back when Og came off.
(26-01-2024, 10:00 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Shaughnessy will not play the right side, regardless of what foot he kicks with.

I think you’ll find Shaughnessy played on the right hand side yesterday. Smile
McIntyre's sending off yesterday was the worst red card decision I can remember since Jack Wahtmough against Lincoln. 

And it was the same ref.
That ref is something else. Which one of us nailed his missus?
You can tell Mcintyre is miles better than Raggett, a significant upgrade for just 75k.

Mcintyre is composed on the ball; one of his biggest qualities.
(04-02-2024, 05:23 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]You can tell Mcintyre is miles better than Raggett, a significant upgrade for just 75k.

I thought you said you were missing the game ? So how do you know ?

But he does look a good , composed, ballplaying defender probably better suited to the championship than the rough and tumble of league one.  But there are certain games when I'd rather have a Raggett type defender in there. 

Raggett may be limited but he never lets you down .... and has he ever been sent off us in a league game?
(04-02-2024, 07:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 05:23 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]You can tell Mcintyre is miles better than Raggett, a significant upgrade for just 75k.

But he does look a good , composed, ballplaying defender probably better suited to the championship than the rough and tumble of league one.  But there are certain games when I'd rather have a Raggett type defender in there. 

Raggett may be limited but he never lets you down .... and has he ever been sent off us in a league game?

I saw the highlights and have seen him play before.

It was Ogilvies fault Mcintyte was sent off, with such a short backpass. It wasn't a red anyway.
(04-02-2024, 07:24 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 07:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I saw the highlights and have seen him play before.

It was Ogilvies fault Mcintyte was sent off, with such a short backpass. It wasn't a red anyway.

I agree that the pass was underhit but if (as you concede) it wasn’t a red, how can it be Ogilvie’s fault?

The fault lies solely with the referee and the linesman surely.
Difficult to argue with Gaffs argument.
(04-02-2024, 09:29 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Difficult to argue with Gaffs argument.
Tuffers would.   Shy
(04-02-2024, 09:29 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Difficult to argue with Gaffs argument.

Not sure about that. It was an underhit pass - a hospital pass that led to two players getting injured. If he had not underhit it then non-one would have been hurt or sent off.  So there is some blame attached to Ogilvie eve if it not directly for the red card itself -that is down to the ref & lino.
Defenders are there to clear the ball, whatever the circumstances. More often than not that is because of a mistake by a team mate. There was no issue until the ref and his mate got it wrong.
Pages: 1 2 3