TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: And the other clubs have bought…
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aaron Collins to Bolton. For, reputedly, £750,000

That’s impressive.
Pretty much nailed no they are promoted - probably first.

The rest is all to play for!
That's a massive signing. Are their supply lines as shit as ours though?
This guy is the supply line.  8 assists so far.
Shit.
TBF I couldn’t give a flying one who other clubs have bought. Due to the amount of games in hand that Bolton have on us, it should make them favourites even without Collins. As for Peterborough, they’d only be one point in front which we can easily overcome. It’s only injuries that weakened us not the players we have.
Overall a very pleasing transfer window, excellent work by our recruitment team and the Eisners continue to do what they promised.

However, not perhaps in the eyes of those trueblue forum associates - ( obviously misemployed members ) who command a far superior knowledge of all things football related.

However, we now have a squad very capable of gaining promotion. Well done .
(02-02-2024, 10:00 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]TBF I couldn’t give a flying one who other clubs have bought. Due to the amount of games in hand that Bolton have on us, it should make them favourites even without Collins. As for Peterborough, they’d only be one point in front which we can easily overcome. It’s only injuries that weakened us not the players we have.

Games in hand are only any good if you get results. Three wins on the trot is very good form. They’ve lost three out of the last ten, same as us.
Us and bolton have done the biggest business, Oxford got some key signings yesterday as well
(02-02-2024, 10:54 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Overall a very pleasing transfer window, excellent work by our recruitment team and the Eisners continue to do what they promised.

However, not perhaps in the eyes of those trueblue forum associates - ( obviously misemployed members ) who command a far superior knowledge of all things football related.

I wouldn't say we have had an 'excellent' window. Aside from lang, do you think the new additions are better than we already have? That remains to be seen. Mph has a touch too much arrogance for me, and the other two come from consistently underperforming teams. Macey won't get a game unless norris accidentally sits on a bike without first checking there's a saddle attached. I'm not saying their crap but we're still trying cheap options unlike quite a few of our rivals.

If we do squeeze into the championship, the eisners are going to piss themselves.
(02-02-2024, 02:18 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 10:54 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Overall a very pleasing transfer window, excellent work by our recruitment team and the Eisners continue to do what they promised.

I wouldn't say we have had an 'excellent' window. Aside from lang, do you think the new additions are better than we already have? That remains to be seen. Mph has a touch too much arrogance for me, and the other two come from consistently underperforming teams. Macey won't get a game unless norris accidentally sits on a bike without first checking there's a saddle attached. I'm not saying their crap but we're still trying cheap options unlike quite a few of our rivals.

If we do squeeze into the championship, the eisners are going to piss themselves.

You bedwetting sod. Yes no decent footballer has ever had a touch of arrogance before... Mcintyre is only cheap because Reading are a basket case financially. Bolton were interested in him so I can't imagine he's a mug. Moxon is an excellent player in a poor team for this division. A proper box to box midfielder. You are right that Macey probably won't play much but the point is he is a massive upgrade on Schofield so that if Norris does get injured, we aren't totally fucked.

Time will tell how it works on the pitch but that is an excellent transfer window on paper.

What a load of nonsense.

Since when has coming from underperforming clubs been an issue ?  Lincoln weren't pulling up any trees when we signed Poole, nor Gillingham when we signed Ogilvie, nor Accrington when we signed Bishop, nor Fleetwood when we signed Lane etc etc etc. 

We had competition from other clubs for all our signings (except maybe Macey, not sure - but we know he's good). And we've paid more out on fees than everyone else in the division except maybe Bolton, so how can you call them cheap options ???
(02-02-2024, 03:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

What a load of nonsense.

Since when has coming from underperforming clubs been an issue ?  Lincoln weren't pulling up any trees when we signed Poole, nor Gillingham when we signed Ogilvie, nor Accrington when we signed Bishop, nor Fleetwood when we signed Lane etc etc etc. 

We had competition from other clubs for all our signings (except maybe Macey, not sure - but we know he's good). And we've paid more out on fees than everyone else in the division except maybe Bolton, so how can you call them cheap options ???
That’s the business model we should follow get the best players at the smaller struggling clubs and let them flourish around better players.
(02-02-2024, 03:00 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]

You bedwetting sod. Yes no decent footballer has ever had a touch of arrogance before... Mcintyre is only cheap because Reading are a basket case financially. Bolton were interested in him so I can't imagine he's a mug. Moxon is an excellent player in a poor team for this division. A proper box to box midfielder. You are right that Macey probably won't play much but the point is he is a massive upgrade on Schofield so that if Norris does get injured, we aren't totally fucked.

Time will tell how it works on the pitch but that is an excellent transfer window on paper.

Wow that's constructive. And I didn't say they were crap.

It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it.
(02-02-2024, 04:48 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Nah nah nah nah nah. Big Grin
I love arrogant players. Much prefer them to the humble, nice polite ones. Unless they play for the opposition of course.

Of course you're allowed an opinion, but if it's plainly a wrong opinion, borne out by the facts, everyone else is allowed to the opinion that you are wrong.  Thought that was the purpose of a message board ?
No, it’s purpose is to allow people to demonstrate their ability to regurgitate what they find elsewhere on the net and then pass it off as superior knowledge.

At least, that’s what I’ve observed.
That they needed to ask what a woman is...
Dale to Oxford.

I thought he was doing ok for Blackpool. Certainly did well against us.
(03-02-2024, 08:13 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Dale to Oxford.

the latter goes without saying of course

as regards games in hand, lets hope that now the window has closed, too many games in short order, proves a problem for injuries and all that. (not for us of course)
(03-02-2024, 08:13 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Dale to Oxford.

I believe he has scored one goal (against us of course) and had one or two assists all season. Much like last season for us.
(02-02-2024, 06:04 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course you're allowed an opinion, but if it's plainly a wrong opinion, borne out by the facts, everyone else is allowed to the opinion that you are wrong.  Thought that was the purpose of a message board ?

I don't mind people having a different opinion. I do find it annoying that, for some people, their opinion counts and anybody else's is bollocks. It's why I don't do faecesbook, twitter, toktik and all that other nonsense.

Back to ny original point, even mousinho said one of the four isn't even ready to play, whilst the one that didn't get was 'for the future'. Given the need for players now, I just think we could have done a bit better.

Absolutely hope that my initial view is proved wrong starting with Northampton.
(03-02-2024, 10:54 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 06:04 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 02:18 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say we have had an 'excellent' window. Aside from lang, do you think the new additions are better than we already have? That remains to be seen. Mph has a touch too much arrogance for me, and the other two come from consistently underperforming teams. Macey won't get a game unless norris accidentally sits on a bike without first checking there's a saddle attached. I'm not saying their crap but we're still trying cheap options unlike quite a few of our rivals.

I don't mind people having a different opinion. I do find it annoying that, for some people, their opinion counts and anybody else's is bollocks. It's why I don't do faecesbook, twitter, toktik and all that other nonsense.

Back to ny original point, even mousinho said one of the four isn't even ready to play, whilst the one that didn't get was 'for the future'. Given the need for players now, I just think we could have done a bit better.

Absolutely hope that my initial view is proved wrong starting with Northampton.
It will be  Sleepy
If you have the time, this chap does a review of all clubs transfer window activity. Pompey are about 4/5ths towards the end.

https://youtu.be/3WhWV9uZey4?si=AWQ1E_Hj5ZLGumsN
Pages: 1 2