TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Norffamton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-02-2024, 06:41 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2024, 06:36 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]It could easily have been given as a foul the other way. The guy was late and his boot was higher. Macintyre's foot was on the ground and he won the ball.

The whole decision was utter horse shit but when it goes to review the union of wankers that decide these things are they will still decide it was a reckless challenge and it will be a three match ban. It’s very rarely the refs rule against their ref mates
Given that the ball went way up the pitch from the tackle, therefore Macintyre must have got there first, it was a total nonsense red.
(03-02-2024, 06:36 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]It could easily have been given as a foul the other way. The guy was late and his boot was higher. Macintyre's foot was on the ground and he won the ball.

If the attempted pass by Ogilvey had been weighted better the tackle might not have been needed, hospital ball.
(03-02-2024, 06:25 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2024, 05:34 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Great atmosphere in the Milton End today. Great view of the first half of course!
Brilliant break away goal which makes a very very nice change!

Long time since the FE sang "Milton Milton give us a song" but fair play Hammie you all sang back. Made me laugh that

funny enough from in the middle of the Milton End, we couldn't hear the Fratton end
I couldn’t see it properly from the FE but it was a hospital ball from Ogilvie but having seen it on the highlights it wasn’t a red IMO.
Northampton just seem absolutely made for us. The games against then have been IMO our most convincing performances of the season, 7-1 on 'aggregate' with 10 players for 45 minutes or so.
Very good result.  The team looked up for it and played some excellent football.
Improved the GA a bit, and it's great to see Lang fit straight in the team scoring again. 
Ogilvie again, what an asset he is to the team?

Do feel a bit sorry for Northampton, they're done really in the league and, like us, had some bad injuries.
Unlike us, the squad they have is limited and the funding to recruit is non-existing

Real shame about McIntyre real harsh decision and an injury to make it worse.  Fingers crossed it's not bad, and the club decides to appeal.
I have watched that tackle over and over and in my opinion no way was that a red not even a yellow. He cleared the ball upfield and his standing foot was on the ground then the player rolls about as if he has had his leg broke in half. Also didn’t help was the there manager doing an Arteta impersonation on the tough line.
Most of these refs have never played the game, and never understand parts of it. 
It seems like McIntyre has been a victim of this ref's interpretation of an out-stretched leg.
He clearly got to the ball first, but that has been ignored for dangerous play, hence the straight red.
(04-02-2024, 10:07 AM)Trarchus Wrote: [ -> ]Most of these refs have never played the game, and never understand parts of it. 
It seems like McIntyre has been a victim of this ref's interpretation of an out-stretched leg.
He clearly got to the ball first, but that has been ignored for dangerous play, hence the straight red.

That was never a red card in a million years.

Pompey MUST appeal it for the sake of the game if nothing else.
(04-02-2024, 10:11 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 10:07 AM)Trarchus Wrote: [ -> ]Most of these refs have never played the game, and never understand parts of it. 

The appeals panel works on 'Feelings' and the player felt like it was a red card..... Don't matter what the truth is anymore!.

You can't have dissenting voices pointing out 'Facts' that's Malinformation.

Come on Gaffs..... Right think only!.

It was a Red card! Wink Big Grin

Exactly gaffer.
The tackle wasn't high, the ball was won on the ground.
It didn't help that Pinnock was rolling around holding his knee. 
He either twisted his knee or was cheating.
(04-02-2024, 10:20 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]

The appeals panel works on 'Feelings' and the Ref felt like it was a red card..... Don't matter what the truth is anymore!.

You can't have dissenting voices pointing out 'Facts' that's Malinformation.

Come on Gaffs..... Right think only!.

It was a Red card! Wink Big Grin

I didn't repost this!...WTF
Plenty of red cards have been rescinded and I can't imagine this one won't be. 
At last a top of the league performance!! A joy to see us on the front foot from the off.
Don't quite agree with the strength of the bench saydee and Martin aren't good enough, whats happened to Scully?
All in all a very fine day I'm starting to think we might just do it!!
For once, the camera view was pretty clear on this one.
I guess the attacking player having a gash to his leg probably influenced the officials. However it happened.
They can only give what they see and I’m not into the idea of tech involvement. Players and managers get things wrong, why do we expect refs to be perfect?
(04-02-2024, 12:34 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the attacking player having a gash to his leg probably influenced the officials. However it happened.

And the gash to the leg will be why the appeal probably won't win. The fact that two players were injured kind of proves the dangerous play argument. They won't see that their player caused the injuries by dangling his leg. IMO if any card was warranted it was the Northampton player.
(04-02-2024, 09:38 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]They can only give what they see and I’m not into the idea of tech involvement. Players and managers get things wrong, why do we expect refs to be perfect?

Best post of the season.

Has VAR improved the game in any way?

If we must use tech, NFL put a screen pitch side fr the ref to review very important decisions. Also teams can request a review (it costs them one of their three time outs). 
If a team can request a limited number of reviews (I would say one per half, kept if successful) then they look bloody stupid if they make a big fuss then don't use a review!
Pages: 1 2 3