TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: It’s now in our hands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We keep winning, we can’t be overtaken.
Today really was an impressive display. Top drawer
We were great today!
We could've beat any team in this league today.
Shit ref decision for red card.
We must appeal that.
Callum Lang is going to reach legend status if he carries on like that.
Didn't really see Moxon enough to comment but he has his first minutes
with a bench like that we look back to how strong we were at the start of the season, pretty much. (althoguh Poole is a class above)
Is Rags the new Linvoy? Lol Every time they try to replace him, they keep calling him back!
(02-02-2024, 04:48 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 03:00 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 02:18 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2024, 10:54 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Overall a very pleasing transfer window, excellent work by our recruitment team and the Eisners continue to do what they promised.

However, not perhaps in the eyes of those trueblue forum associates - ( obviously misemployed members ) who command a far superior knowledge of all things football related.

However, we now have a squad very capable of gaining promotion. Well done .

I wouldn't say we have had an 'excellent' window. Aside from lang, do you think the new additions are better than we already have? That remains to be seen. Mph has a touch too much arrogance for me, and the other two come from consistently underperforming teams. Macey won't get a game unless norris accidentally sits on a bike without first checking there's a saddle attached. I'm not saying their crap but we're still trying cheap options unlike quite a few of our rivals.

If we do squeeze into the championship, the eisners are going to piss themselves.

You bedwetting sod. Yes no decent footballer has ever had a touch of arrogance before... Mcintyre is only cheap because Reading are a basket case financially. Bolton were interested in him so I can't imagine he's a mug. Moxon is an excellent player in a poor team for this division. A proper box to box midfielder. You are right that Macey probably won't play much but the point is he is a massive upgrade on Schofield so that if Norris does get injured, we aren't totally fucked.

Time will tell how it works on the pitch but that is an excellent transfer window on paper.

Wow that's constructive. And I didn't say they were crap.

It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have it.

(04-02-2024, 12:13 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Is Rags the new Linvoy? Lol Every time they try to replace him, they keep calling him back!

He is inevitable
If nothing else, he will feel that he has earnt his medal should we get one!
Assuming we let him go if in the champ, he is going to be a superb free signing for someone.
Having said that, looking at some of our reject defenders playing at the top end of the champ.......
I think the next 3 games are vital if we want to finish top 2, because it gets very difficult after these games. We have a very tough end to the season. We blew our easier games on paper over Xmas and we can't afford for that to happen again.

Carlisle a
Cambridge h
Reading h

Ideally we need 9 points from these 3 games, but we know it won't be that simple.

7 would be very good. 9 would be amazing and put us on course for automatic promotion.
(04-02-2024, 07:10 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I think the next 3 games are vital if we want to finish top 2, because it gets very difficult after these games. We have a very tough end to the season. We blew our easier games on paper over Xmas and we can't afford for that to happen again.

Carlisle a
Cambridge h
Reading h

Ideally we need 9 points from these 3 games, but we know it won't be that simple.

7 would be very good. 9 would be amazing and put us on course for automatic promotion.

But you have told us several times that we have no chance of promotion.
(04-02-2024, 07:24 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 07:10 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I think the next 3 games are vital if we want to finish top 2, because it gets very difficult after these games. We have a very tough end to the season. We blew our easier games on paper over Xmas and we can't afford for that to happen again.

Carlisle a
Cambridge h
Reading h

If you look back at my posts, I actually said if we were around the 70 points mark come Charlton away, we would have a chance.

These next 3 games are incredibly important.
I know Cunni likes him but the evidence about ex-defender JM's opinion is unequivocal. It takes a brave man to disagree with him!
At the moment he can’t.

Carlisle a
Cambridge h
Reading h

Titchy, remember you bet me 25 quid (to be paid by the loser to Cancer Research) that Peterborough, Bolton and Derby will all finish above Pompey. Are you still confident of that?
(04-02-2024, 07:58 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]

Carlisle a
Cambridge h
Reading h

Titchy, remember you bet me 25 quid (to be paid by the loser to Cancer Research) that Peterborough, Bolton and Derby will all finish above Pompey. Are you still confident of that?

I remember, yes.

Peterborough may be the team that finishes below Pompey. I don't think think Bolton or Derby will.
Ash doesn't pay his bets. Ask Deep.
Watching the goals programme last night, Bolton seem to be on a bad run, but that probably includes weakened cup teams.
Bolton's fixture congestion - wow. They are going to have a hell of a job not running themselves out at the last with that. Derby will fancy their chances.
Isn’t it just? It only takes a major injury, in amongst that, to make it very difficult for them.
Bolton,13th April,be there!
Re- thread title "It's now in our hands" - there's NEVER been a point during this season when an automatic promotion spot hasn't been totally "in our hands"

Other contenders have to play each other so they cannot all win, e.g. Bolton still to go to Derby while Peterborough play Bolton on the final day of the season!

Pompey just need to focus on what we do, especially against those 3 sides.
I admire the positivity but "It’s now in our hands" seems to me to be tweaking the nose of fate.

I've seen too many like David Geddis & Paul Simpson, Andy Ritchie, Andy Gray (no the palace one) & John Fashanu and even frickin Peter Hartley to think counting chickens is ever anything but foolhardy for Pompey.

I'll believe it's really in our hands if we are 4 points clear, and every other team only has one match to play.

BTW, WTF happened around here (if I can ask)?
Likewise. It's true to say it's in our hands at the start the season if you're optimistic.

I hope to be proved wrong but we are not going to win every game until the end of the season, and we'll probably lose one or two. But I think everyone will have that issue and based on the first half of the season we should do enough to get in the playoffs minimum and should, if tis team continues to deliver, get in the top two. Right now though, one game at a time for me.

Oh, and don't ask otherwise some things will get said and then we'll probably lose this thread. Maybe ask on another board.
They’ll never have a better chance.
I'm enjoying the ride! What a performance last week... we are now hitting form again and the other teams around us are beginning to struggle. I have a feeling we may start pulling away again.
(08-02-2024, 03:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I'm enjoying the ride! What a performance last week... we are now hitting form again and the other teams around us are beginning to struggle. I have a feeling we may start pulling away again.

Fingers crossed (there's no emoji for that )
Pages: 1 2