TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Colossal Calling Carlisle Crap Contest Caper.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-02-2024, 02:43 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2024, 01:47 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]heading into the part of the season where the worst sides suddenly get better.
But we should have enough for them.
Wonder if the team is going up and staying over night, a very long old drive.

A long haul, indeed. Think how stiff you are after a long drive. Think how much worse it is for sports people needing their legs in top condition. Perhaps they need to do some calisthenics on the coach up.

Alan Ball's mob used to play cards and get legless. No stiff legs after that.
A couple of things here chaps, it may turn into a 'battle', but it WONT be on a muddy pitch, Brunton Park is one of the finest pitches in the country.
Have we been de-Moxicated? well I think you'll have to wait a little longer for an answer to that! Moxy wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders when he left us, and his replacement looks promising without (as yet) setting the world on fire.
However I do feel if we concede first then there will be only one result and that's not a home win, however if 'WE' score first then it might just ignite a spark.
Unfortunately for us, Simmo is in 'panic mode' losing the last 5 games and only winning one of the last 13, so strange line ups, panic substitutions and trying to put square pegs in round holes are the order of the day, so heaven knows what will happen on Saturday, and realistically if we are going to have any chance of staying up then we are going to have to win 10 of the last 16 games (play off form), and we've never looked anything like that all season. Saturday would be an ideal opportunity to start.
For those travelling up to the most beautiful part of the country, enjoy your trip up, but have a thoroughly miserable journey back.
Bry
After our win on Saturday , I wish Carlisle all the best and hope you stay up
Most important of all, does Carlisle still smell of biscuits?
(05-02-2024, 01:49 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2024, 09:39 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]We've got another big away crowd for Carlisle.Should be a great atmosphere especially if the football is as good as Saturday was

I heard Yak is going up for this one, but he's going up early and taking a paint brush

I'd like to think I could go to Carlisle but that's not happening.
If you went to Carlisle yourself would you wear a kilt and treat it like Culloden and just run through the red line all the way home never looking over your shoulder?
I believe Carlisle are due for improvements to their ground. Even a museum is planned.

Yak will be chuft.

I hope Carlisle survive (but not at our expense). I recall they were involved in one of the most miraculous escapes ever. It involved a certain ex keeper of ours.
I believe they are going to improve the stands, all 9 of them!!!
OK that's an exaggeration but if they are going to improve one of the 'finest' playing surfaces then they should knock the stands down and rebuild it!!
(05-02-2024, 09:11 PM)bluebry Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of things here chaps, it may turn into a 'battle', but it WONT be on a muddy pitch, Brunton Park is one of the finest pitches in the country.
Have we been de-Moxicated? well I think you'll have to wait a little longer for an answer to that! Moxy wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders when he left us, and his replacement looks promising without (as yet) setting the world on fire.
However I do feel if we concede first then there will be only one result and that's not a home win, however if 'WE' score first then it might just ignite a spark.
Unfortunately for us, Simmo is in 'panic mode' losing the last 5 games and only winning one of the last 13, so strange line ups, panic substitutions and trying to put square pegs in round holes are the order of the day, so heaven knows what will happen on Saturday, and realistically if we are going to have any chance of staying up then we are going to have to win 10 of the last 16 games (play off form), and we've never looked anything like that all season. Saturday would be an ideal opportunity to start.
For those travelling up to the most beautiful part of the country, enjoy your trip up, but have a thoroughly miserable journey back.
Bry

Looking forward to a trip to the frozen Norf Bry, it is indeed a great part of the world so we’ll probably spend a few days up there.

The weather forecast includes some of the white stuff, so here’s hoping that doesn’t affect the game.

Any suggestions on decent pubs to visit on our trip? Quirky ones, historic ones etc?

A couple of us are hoping to do some walking while we’re up there too.

Obviously I wish Carlisle well but hope your recovery starts after Saturday.  Big Grin
Carlisle manager under pressure.

I’d like us to mount even more pressure on the poor bugger.
Lovely area. No chance of survival this year. They’re 11 points adrift, would take a minor miracle especially with others at the bottom coming into form. If Charlton lose at Reading this week then they are in real trouble.
Charlton just taken on Nathan scummer Jones.

No middle of the road there. They’re either down or gonna cause us problems.
(06-02-2024, 10:47 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2024, 09:11 PM)bluebry Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of things here chaps, it may turn into a 'battle', but it WONT be on a muddy pitch, Brunton Park is one of the finest pitches in the country.
Bry

Looking forward to a trip to the frozen Norf Bry, it is indeed a great part of the world so we’ll probably spend a few days up there.

The weather forecast includes some of the white stuff, so here’s hoping that doesn’t affect the game.

Any suggestions on decent pubs to visit on our trip? Quirky ones, historic ones etc?

Obviously I wish Carlisle well but hope your recovery starts after Saturday.  Big Grin

Its actually snowing as I type, thankfully not heavy enough to worry about, tomorrow (Thursday) is the one we're been warned about, but should clear OK for Saturday. Fantastic on the fells at this time of the year if the weather is kind to you.
 Pubs, there aren't that many near the ground, the Bee Hive being the obvious one, but with your guys bringing a large following then it will be for home fans only. However the Rugby Club next door welcomes away fans as does the Lakeland Gate about half a mile on the left as you go towards Brunton Park, however that is a family friendly pub which serves meals and is often packed on a Saturday. Other than that there are plenty of pubs up town, if your coming by train then The Old Bill will probably try to usher you into the Griffin (which is actually a decent pub) next to the station. However if you can break through those shackles then there are loads of pubs near by. I haven't heard of any trouble up town for a while so as long as some fans don't act like 'Billy Big Bollocks' (on both sides) everything should be fine.
Anyway enjoy your visit to the Norf, but not too much eh???
Bry
(07-02-2024, 09:57 AM)bluebry Wrote: [ -> ]
Bry

Its actually snowing as I type, thankfully not heavy enough to worry about, tomorrow (Thursday) is the one we're been warned about, but should clear OK for Saturday. Fantastic on the fells at this time of the year if the weather is kind to you.
 Pubs, there aren't that many near the ground, the Bee Hive being the obvious one, but with your guys bringing a large following then it will be for home fans only. However the Rugby Club next door welcomes away fans as does the Lakeland Gate about half a mile on the left as you go towards Brunton Park, however that is a family friendly pub which serves meals and is often packed on a Saturday. Other than that there are plenty of pubs up town, if your coming by train then The Old Bill will probably try to usher you into the Griffin (which is actually a decent pub) next to the station. However if you can break through those shackles then there are loads of pubs near by. I haven't heard of any trouble up town for a while so as long as some fans don't act like 'Billy Big Bollocks' (on both sides) everything should be fine.
Bry

Cheers for the info Bry.

We’ll probably be following the snow up tomorrow, so the Bill will not be herding us.

Any decent pubs anywhere in the City (or just outside) is what we’re after.

Obviously I will look some up but local knowledge is invaluable.

Cheers again mate.
(07-02-2024, 08:09 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Charlton just taken on Nathan scummer Jones.

Altogether now:

"Cheer up, Nathan Jones........."
(07-02-2024, 11:26 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
Bry

Bry

Cheers for the info Bry.

We’ll probably be following the snow up tomorrow, so the Bill will not be herding us.

Cheers again mate.

Depends on what type of pubs your after, City Centre or Botchergate has loads, there are a couple of Wetherspoons, The Griffin, The Cally, Brew Dog, The Cumberland, The Apple Tree, Lloyds, Border Rambler and loads of others. Only pubs I would stay clear of are pubs on some of the housing estates as there are a few dodgy ones.
If your looking for 'real ale' pubs, most serve those ales as well. The Howard Arms was the one that was noted for Real Ale, however (I may be wrong) but I think its closed.
We'll be in the Rugby Club (they serve real ale as well) from around 1 to 1.30pm, providing my mate Malcolm doesn't forget to pick me up and where his accelerator is in his car.  Big Grin   
We really need to take 9 points from the next 3, Carlisle, Cambridge and Reading, otherwise I can't see us reaching 90 points.

If we can get to 72 points with 12 games left, we would be in a half decent position.

We are bound to get some more injuries so let's get the points on the board ASAP.
never take Cambridge for granted, but on a Tuesday we should have enough, use the squad though to keep some energy in it.
(07-02-2024, 10:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]never take Cambridge for granted, but on a Tuesday we should have enough, use the squad though to keep some energy in it.

Are we particularly good on Tuesdays?
(07-02-2024, 09:13 PM)bluebry Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2024, 11:26 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
Bry

Bry

Cheers for the info Bry.

Cheers again mate.

Depends on what type of pubs your after, City Centre or Botchergate has loads, there are a couple of Wetherspoons, The Griffin, The Cally, Brew Dog, The Cumberland, The Apple Tree, Lloyds, Border Rambler and loads of others. Only pubs I would stay clear of are pubs on some of the housing estates as there are a few dodgy ones.
If your looking for 'real ale' pubs, most serve those ales as well. The Howard Arms was the one that was noted for Real Ale, however (I may be wrong) but I think its closed.
We'll be in the Rugby Club (they serve real ale as well) from around 1 to 1.30pm, providing my mate Malcolm doesn't forget to pick me up and where his accelerator is in his car.  Big Grin   

Thanks Bri, looks like there are a few to choose from and it will be fun checking them out.
Looking on the BBC forcast for Carlisle there looks to be a window of opportunity between 10am and 1500 with drizzle onwards, so could be a decent pitch/game and a win for us.   Wink
It's very rare I would label any games, but these next 3 are season defining.

After that it gets more difficult.

If we get 9 points in the next 3 games, I think we will go up automatically. 

We are bound to get more injuries so we need to win these easier games (on paper). We can then scrape over the finishing line.
Yer wumpty.
(08-02-2024, 10:53 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]It's very rare I would label any games, but these next 3 are season defining.

We are bound to get more injuries so we need to win these easier games (on paper). We can then scrape over the finishing line.

What happened to no team can get promoted with Raggett in it ??? 

At least be consistent with your trolling - you spent months saying we cannot go up. 

At least have the manners to say you were totally wrong before changing your tune.
(08-02-2024, 11:40 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2024, 10:53 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]It's very rare I would label any games, but these next 3 are season defining.

What happened to no team can get promoted with Raggett in it ??? 

At least be consistent with your trolling - you spent months saying we cannot go up. 

At least have the manners to say you were totally wrong before changing your tune.

Manners?

Pot kettle.

I hope people like you who are regularly critical of others eventually find some happiness and success in life.
Pages: 1 2 3