TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Is a red card appeal worth the risk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just as well we’ve got Raggerssssss
I reckon that’s saved the ref and lino some serious embarrassment.
(06-02-2024, 07:41 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Just as well we’ve got Raggerssssss

time to get behind him.
We won in style on Saturday with little if any passing out from the back
It’ll be fine now Rafferty is back. Raggett can turn provider, as long as he’s put back on the right.
We could turn old fashioned and just tell the central defenders to stop the goals and let everyone else do the scoring and assisting. Save their energy for a goal a month each from corners
Appeal it anyway. Don’t want him to come back from injury (hoping not serious) and have a pointless ban. F nose why all the bed wetting with Raggetinho though. Solid, no nonsense and gets a few goals over a season
(06-02-2024, 10:17 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]Appeal it anyway. Don’t want him to come back from injury (hoping not serious) and have a pointless ban. F nose why all the bed wetting with Raggetinho though. Solid, no nonsense and gets a few goals over a season

and robust
If the player is out injured for the length of the ban why would the club throw 10-20 grand at an appeal on a point of principal. That makes no sense and is hardly fiscally responsible.
Worst case we can go into the free agent market. Plenty of experienced defenders who are free agents and could help see us over the line.
As long as they don't close Raggs down, no worries! FAF
So often seen Raggett beat off the press with a Cruyff turn.
The problem I see it is that Shaughnessy is better on the right but Raggett definitely struggles playing on the left. But for the right I prefer Shaughnessy. So I would go Ogilvie as the left centre half and Sparks left back.
The other solution would be to go 3 at the back with Raggett Shaughnessy and Ogilvie
Shockers is far more effective on the left. Usually solid enough and he does make the odd marauding run forward.
(07-02-2024, 09:46 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Shockers is far more effective on the left. Usually solid enough and he does make the odd marauding run forward.

Agreed ... Shaughnessy's recent three or four games on the right have seen his weakest performances of the season, although he was good on Saturday. Whereas he has been POTS material on the left. Raggett is more comfortable on the right IMO, but won't let you down in either position.
I believe the latest turn around for Shaughnessy on the right was to accommodate McIntyre on the left , no other reason ( I expect to see Poole and McIntyre as our central two next season). I’d imagine with McI injured that Raggs will be on the right and Shocknasty back on the left of centre.
Mous doesn't rate Raggett, that's clear by putting Mcintyre straight into the team. Most don't rate Raggett either.

I hope we will bring in a free agent centre back, there are plenty of decent players out there. 

Maybe we could switch to a 3 at the back and play Conor at CB alone.

Regardless, we need another centre back in the building ASAP.
(07-02-2024, 12:22 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the latest turn around for Shaughnessy on the right was to accommodate McIntyre on the left , no other reason ( I expect to see Poole and McIntyre as our central two next season). I’d imagine with McI injured that Raggs will be on the right and Shocknasty back on the left of centre.

Most players who suffer ACL injuries are never the same again.

Of course they are given the best opportunity to recover, but if Poole is 70 percent the player he was pre injury, he'd have done well. Even then he'd still be our best centre back. We are unlikely to see the same Regan as before.
(07-02-2024, 01:11 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Most don't rate Raggett either.

You dislike Sean Raggett?

Well, you've certainly kept that quiet!

No doubt, the team will miss your unwavering support whilst you're out of the country.
Yep my mistake Shaughnessy is better on the left.
Well apparently it was worth the risk. No benefit in the end, because of the broken ankle, other than one less on the clubs disciplinary record and hopefully a lesson learned by the refereeing team.
(07-02-2024, 01:18 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Most players who suffer ACL injuries are never the same again.

Of course they are given the best opportunity to recover, but if Poole is 70 percent the player he was pre injury, he'd have done well. Even then he'd still be our best centre back. We are unlikely to see the same Regan as before.

You don't half talk a load of old cobblers, here is a list of footballers who suffered ACL injuries. 

Alessandro Del Piero, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Roberto Baggio, Roy Keane, Xavi, Francesco Totti, Virgil van Dyck, Alan Shearer. 

Most of these were several years ago before the  advances in ACL surgery over the last 10vyears. 

p s. We already have three fit & natural centre backs plus at least another two in Ogilvie & Rafferty who can play there  if really needed. No need to wet your pants, panic & think we should get a no mark  "free  agent" that nobody else wanted. 
(06-02-2024, 10:29 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]If the player is out injured for the length of the ban why would the club throw 10-20 grand at an appeal on a point of principal. That makes no sense and is hardly fiscally responsible.

Well how about because principles are worth standing up for?

It was a terrible decision and it had to be appealed.
(07-02-2024, 05:40 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Well apparently it was worth the risk. No benefit in the end, because of the broken ankle, other than one less on the clubs disciplinary record and hopefully a lesson learned by the refereeing team.

So no benefit then?

Except for the two that you mention and the fact that he won’t have a suspension hanging over him.

So that’s at least three  Big Grin .

Make up your mind ffs  Big Grin .
(07-02-2024, 07:27 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2024, 05:40 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Well apparently it was worth the risk. No benefit in the end, because of the broken ankle, other than one less on the clubs disciplinary record and hopefully a lesson learned by the refereeing team.

So no benefit then?

Except for the two that you mention and the fact that he won’t have a suspension hanging over him.

Someone is struggling with the concept of discussion and still hanging on to the combative approach to subjects. Must be the weather.

As a service to the older gentleman, please read it again carefully and slowly. Follow the words with your finger if it helps. Let me know when you get to the words "other than". Then when you've done that maybe look up the use of a comma in a sentence. I know it's a a long time since you did English at school so a refresher in syntax and grammar always helps when the memory starts to go.

Also, to help you further, because you're not quite the expert in the rules of football either, suspensions are served regardless of the injury status of the player concerned. Unless McIntyre has supernatural powers of recovery, I doubt he'll be fit again to play for the next three games.

Care in the community - sometimes you have to help them out. Bless.

(07-02-2024, 07:27 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

So no benefit then?

He wouldn't have had a suspension hanging over him .. he would have served that over the next three games, injured or not.
Pages: 1 2 3