TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Kamara?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What's the chance we we'll try to sign him from Norwich,  Then when we play against them in the championship he'll score the winner Big Grin
Well, only the powers that be at each club can know if that is a possibility but I would give it my vote. My guess is, assuming Norwich don’t somehow get themselves promoted, they will want to reap the benefits of his year on loan and keep him.
I'd sign him.
Players can have a big say.  I guess if Kamara is happy at Pompey, and we get promoted, it might happen.
Had an immediate effect when coming on yesterday.
(11-02-2024, 12:43 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]What's the chance we we'll try to sign him from Norwich,  Then when we play against them in the championship he'll score the winner Big Grin

Norwich fans have always said they rate him and the plan is to bring him back. 

And if reported interest from the likes of Brentford & Leicester is genuine they may well take him back to sell him for more money than I suspect we would offer.
(11-02-2024, 01:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2024, 12:43 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]What's the chance we we'll try to sign him from Norwich,  Then when we play against them in the championship he'll score the winner Big Grin

Norwich fans have always said they rate him and the plan is to bring him back. 

And if reported interest from the likes of Brentford & Leicester is genuine they may well take him back to sell him for more money than I suspect we would offer.

What Deep says, unfortunately.  Like to think we might persuade City to let us have Roberston back on loan if we went up though.
If we go up & a BIG IF be great to sign him but Norwich will more likely to either try to keep him or sell him to a Prem club. They will want more than we are prepared to pay. That's the reality of the top 2 Divisions unfortunately.
He isn’t anywhere near Premier league class.
Not yet but if Leicester & Brentford are looking at him. They obviously think he is but a way to go yet. We are very fortunate to still have him on loan until end of season.
He isn't a realistic target on a permanent I don't think. That ball yesterday showed the kind of vision that top top players possess. He doesn't always deliver it and frustratingly messes up some simple stuff at times but this lad gas the attributes to be very good.
Let's see but he's still only 19 & improving every game. Norwich will be over the moon I suspect with his progress. A real Gem in the making!
He isn’t improving every game, he was dropped to the bench for a reason.

That was a fantastic pass for Lane to latch onto but it’s the first successful pass from him for as long as I can remember (of any difficulty, at any rate).

No chance
(11-02-2024, 08:49 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He isn’t improving every game, he was dropped to the bench for a reason.

That was a fantastic pass for Lane to latch onto but it’s the first successful pass from him for as long as I can remember (of any difficulty, at any rate).

He wasn't dropped,as mousinho said its squad rotation. He's young inconsistent and unpredictable but theres no doubt he's a real handful for defenders at this level and has played a big part in goals at port vale and Carlisle and scored at Fleetwood.
Squad rotation…….such an inoffensive phrase, so as not to upset a player who isn’t performing as well as his replacement.

So do you think we should ‘rotate’ Shaugnessy too? How about Pack? Ogilvie is probably due, now he’s played a few games.

Kamara has managed to do a few good things for us but during that wobble he managed very little for his time on the pitch. He did have four one on ones in two games.
(12-02-2024, 05:26 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Squad rotation…….such an inoffensive phrase, so as not to upset a player who isn’t performing as well as his replacement.

So do you think we should ‘rotate’ Shaugnessy too? How about Pack? Ogilvie is probably due, now he’s played a few games.

Kamara has managed to do a few good things for us but during that wobble he managed very little for his time on the pitch. He did have four one on ones in two games.

Good idea, I'm sure mousinho wouldn't have thought of that one . Meanwhile we're top of the league.  Sound familiar??
I think we fully agree on the last statement.
If Kamara could improve his finishing he would be a very, very good player.

If I was advising him I’d get him working with a good finishing coach, then the sky would be the limit.

Let’s hope he achieves his full potential.
Compared to some rated 19-year-olds, he's in a different class.
We should know, we've had a few. 
I think, given his age, the position he plays, his physical aspect and the difficulty we have breaking down some teams that leave no space.

We sometimes expect too much from him.  It's absolutely right, our manager gives him a break
(11-02-2024, 07:24 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's see but he's still only 19 & improving every game. Norwich will be over the moon I suspect with his progress. A real Gem in the making!

19????

He’s cracking on for 21. He’s not a kid.
Cunninglinguist, I don't get the dislike of Kamara.... Yet the defending of Bishop!. He does f*ck-all, all game.

Bishop should have gotten onto the ball whipped in by Rafferty on Saturday.
You really don’t read very carefully, do you? My views on Kamara are well documented in another thread dedicated to him.

Once again, for those whose comprehension skills aren’t so good….

I don’t dislike Kamara, I just look at what he actually achieves and judge him on that. His job is to either score goals or create them for other people. He’s actually not very good at either, is he? Do you realise, Sparkes actually has twice as many assists as Kamara and he’s a bloody defender!
It’s small wonder Bishop has had so little shooting practice of late. Lane can’t cross from the left and he has been kept from his favoured wing by a player who can’t cross and can’t pass a five yard ball without misdirecting it or bobbling it up in the air. Add to that his lamentable lack of composure in front of goal (4 missed one on ones in two games FFS!) and the reality states you in the face. He’s a player with tremendous ability on the ball but as soon as it leaves his feet, it goes haywire. He’s an upgrade on Dale of last season but is actually not much more effective.

Just my opinion, of course. I’ve seen so many people show admiration for him so I’ll turn it on it’s head and ask…….

What is he good at and justify your argument?
(12-02-2024, 06:51 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]You really don’t read very carefully, do you? My views on Kamara are well documented in another thread dedicated to him.
I don’t dislike Kamara, I just look at what he actually achieves and judge him on that. His job is to either score goals or create them for other people. He’s actually not very good at either, is he? Do you realise, Sparkes actually has twice as many assists as Kamara and he’s a bloody defender!
It’s small wonder Bishop has had so little shooting practice of late. Lane can’t cross from the left and he has been kept from his favoured wing by a player who can’t cross and can’t pass a five yard ball without misdirecting it or bobbling it up in the air. Add to that his lamentable lack of composure in front of goal (4 missed one on ones in two games FFS!) and the reality states you in the face. He’s a player with tremendous ability on the ball but as soon as it leaves his feet, it goes haywire. He’s an upgrade on Dale of last season but is actually not much more effective.
Just my opinion, of course. I’ve seen so many people show admiration for him so I’ll turn it on it’s head and ask…….

His pace and ability means he has for the most part two players marking him. This means he opens up play by creating space for others.

I know he has missed chances, but it's due to his pace and ability on the ball, that he has created these chances for himself..... Something that only Yengi and maybe Lang could do out of the other attacking players.
(12-02-2024, 07:09 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2024, 06:51 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]You really don’t read very carefully, do you? My views on Kamara are well documented in another thread dedicated to him.

His pace and ability means he has for the most part two players marking him. This means he opens up play by creating space for others.

I know he has missed chances, but it's due to his pace and ability on the ball, that he has created these chances for himself..... Something that only Yengi and maybe Lang could do out of the other attacking players.
That’s a fair argument.

Has that translated into goals or chances for others? Please give examples.
(12-02-2024, 07:12 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2024, 07:09 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]

That’s a fair argument.

Has that translated into goals or chances for others? Please give examples.
It would help if they could keep up with him!.
Pages: 1 2 3