TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Our front 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(04-02-2024, 10:03 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 05:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]At last, it happened.
Kamara
P31
Gls. 4
Assists 2
Lane
P28
Gls. 9
Assists 4
And Lane has been played out of position, to accommodate him.
And he’s ours!
Who do you want on the right wing????

Kamara on the Right
Lang in the Middle..... What a engine that lads got.
Lane on the Left
And Yengi up top

Tonight confirmed it for me, that's our best front 4..... We looked so much more threatening with Yengi up front!.

Bishop, is nowhere near as good as Yengi.

If he doesn't start Saturday there's something wrong!.
if Lowery is out and Moxon is not match fit, then we just might have to play two strikers, could be fun for a one off game
(13-02-2024, 10:07 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]if Lowery is out and Moxon is not match fit, then we just might have to play two strikers, could be fun for a one off game

Gutted about Lowery!.... He has been class since replacing Morrell.
(13-02-2024, 10:07 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]if Lowery is out and Moxon is not match fit, then we just might have to play two strikers, could be fun for a one off game

4141? Marlon will be busy
Doesn't sound like lowery is too serious.
Moxon will be fine once he’s found his feet. Lots of effort even if some of his passes didn’t come off.
Despite being told by many on here that Bishop is better than Yengi, I’m pleased to say I’m right again and they’re wrong
Self praise is no praise.
Yes he had a great game but needs to do it consistently. Hope he gets another run out on Saturday.
Bishop has been consistently poor and many still gave him a pass so if Yengi has a bad game here or there I expect the same courtesy to be extended to him. If he goes on a run of playing like shit like Bishop has been and the team suffers as a result I will say so anyway and won’t just blindly keep saying he’s a good player because he used to play well. As has been said consistent good performances is what he and the team need to move up to the next level
Dic
(13-02-2024, 11:09 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Despite being told by many on here that Bishop is better than Yengi, I’m pleased to say I’m right again and they’re wrong

What a dickhead
(13-02-2024, 11:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Self praise is no praise.
Yes he had a great game but needs to do it consistently. Hope he gets another run out on Saturday.

(13-02-2024, 11:40 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Dic
(13-02-2024, 11:09 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Despite being told by many on here that Bishop is better than Yengi, I’m pleased to say I’m right again and they’re wrong

What a dickhead

Whatever mate
For me, Yengi will probably become a better player than Bishop in the next year or so, but right now Bishop has simply lost form so it's not reasonable to say Yengi is much better than Bishop. Would that be said if Bishop was playing as he was earlier in the season? I don't think so! Anyway, chances are that we are going to need both of them if we are to be successful through what's left of the season so let's not talk Bishop down too much..
At all.
Bishop I'd just struggling but class always outs and he is just that, class
(13-02-2024, 11:45 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

(13-02-2024, 11:09 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Despite being told by many on here that Bishop is better than Yengi, I’m pleased to say I’m right again and they’re wrong

What a dickhead

Whatever mate

I don't understand why people have to make it into a yengi v bishop battle, with liking one meaning you have to dis the other. Lets enjoy having two very good centre forwards -  one proven, one promising: one experienced, one inexperienced: one with 33 league goals for Pompey , one with 4: one two years older than the other : one with great positional sense, great resilience but little pace, one with great energy and pace but not the same outlet for the way the team plays.   Two very good centre-forwards at this level with different attributes - let's celebrate having them both instead of campaigning against the one you don't like. 

Bishop's record for this club is outstanding and that makes him first choice at the moment and one of the best in his position on the division. Yengi is not far behind despite his lack of games. Pick the right player for the right games and we have two centre forwards that can win us the league.  I would expect both of them to play in every game irrespective of who starts.
(14-02-2024, 06:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

What a dickhead

Whatever mate

I don't understand why people have to make it into a yengi v bishop battle, with liking one meaning you have to dis the other. Lets enjoy having two very good centre forwards -  one proven, one promising: one experienced, one inexperienced: one with 33 league goals for Pompey , one with 4: one two years older than the other : one with great positional sense, great resilience but little pace, one with great energy and pace but not the same outlet for the way the team plays.   Two very good centre-forwards at this level with different attributes - let's celebrate having them both instead of campaigning against the one you don't like. 

Bishop's record for this club is outstanding and that makes him first choice at the moment and one of the best in his position on the division. Yengi is not far behind despite his lack of games. Pick the right player for the right games and we have two centre forwards that can win us the league.  I would expect both of them to play in every game irrespective of who starts.
I just want to win football games and when we had that wobble over the Christmas period after Bishop recovered from his injury and replaced Yengi who just did a number on Santos of Bolton who is the supposed best centre half in the division it cemented for me who our best striker is. With Yengi in the side in this division with players around him we have then I’m confident we will win. Bishop takes his place and it takes me back to the nightmare wobble we had around Christmas when it looked like yet again we were going to f it up as in previous years in this league. In that Christmas wobble we replaced a bloke who was doing everything required of him and physically battling with his opposite number to being replaced with a bloke just coming back from injury with less physical presence, less speed but obviously more of a reputation due to his past record. I find many of the failures of English sport are down to picking players who due to reputation are apparently good. It annoys me greatly, just pick the best team you can at the time and reputations be damned. Look at the ‘golden generation’ of English football, Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard etc, they lost to effeing Iceland a country of 200,000 people v a country of what 60 million people, both teams obviously having football as their number one sport so no excuses there. But what I’m getting at is fuck reputations and previous achievements pick your best side. I couldn’t give a fuck if D’Allessandro Dreaming thinks I’m a dickhead, I just want Pompey promoted to the Championship and fair dues to John Mousinho for picking the starting line up he did against Cambridge. He seems to be a very intelligent manager who knows when he made a mistake and changed things accordingly. Alll I want is promotion, let’s be honest all we all want is promotion and then to be at least competitive next season if we achieve it
But you are still stirring up anti-Bishop feelings by re-writing history.   The facts are that Yengi had one very good game (v Bolton) when Bishop was out injured, and kept his place ahead of Bishop when he was fit to play. But then played very poorly and lost his place and shortly after left for Qatar .

Yengi was good again yesterday , so that's two very good games he has had so he has proven he can step in when needed, but that is a long way from being first choice when he is up against the best centre forward we have had for many a year. 

It's a great position to be in to have them both.
(14-02-2024, 07:10 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]But you are still stirring up anti-Bishop feelings by re-writing history.   The facts are that Yengi had one very good game (v Bolton) when Bishop was out injured, and kept his place ahead of Bishop when he was fit to play. But then played very poorly and lost his place and shortly after left for Qatar .

Yengi was good again yesterday , so that's two very good games he has had so he has proven he can step in when needed, but that is a long way from being first choice when he is up against the best centre forward we have had for many a year. 

It's a great position to be in to have them both.

Bishop, Yengi whoever, I just want to get promoted and after that Christmas wobble I don’t feel comfortable if Bishop gets the nod in the starting 11
Deep, I am yet to meet a single supporter with an agenda against Bishop. You've been pressed by a few of us on this a few times and I am yet to see some substance. He's dropped in form, has in many respects been consistently poor and the fans have exercised their right to give him some poor scores out of 10. What exactly is wrong with that, or expressing an opinion that he is not the best form striker at the club at any given time?
Go on Facebook, the place is dripping with anti-Bishop feelings.  

Our aussie  friend has shown that he thinks slagging Bishop off is the best way to show his aupport for Yengi.  

And if you sit in the North Lower the crtitcs are out in force whenever he plays since his cupped ear celebration. 

And if you think no-one has been criticising him then what is your explanation for him being so upset that he didn't feel able to celebrate one of his best goals for the club.

But you are missing my point ... any player can be criticised when it is deserved, I was just wondering how we got into the position of not being able to support both Bishop & Yengi and increasing numbers taking the position that loving one means slagging off the other rather than enjoying having them both.
(14-02-2024, 07:39 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Go on Facebook, the place is dripping with anti-Bishop feelings.  

Our aussie  friend has shown that he thinks slagging Bishop off is the best way to show his aupport for Yengi.  

And if you sit in the North Lower the crtitcs are out in force whenever he plays since his cupped ear celebration. 

And if you think no-one has been criticising him then what is your explanation for him being so upset that he didn't feel able to celebrate one of his best goals for the club.

But you are missing my point ... any player can be criticised when it is deserved, I was just wondering how we got into the position of not being able to support both Bishop & Yengi and increasing numbers taking the position that loving one means slagging off the other rather than enjoying having them both.

Well I enjoy winning football matches and whoever is going to best help us achieve that I want to be in the side (even if they come off the bench). I just want us to be promoted
It's utterly bizarre to be pitting pompey players against each other. It's just moaning for the sake of moaning. Bishop played well in his previous few appearances, linking play and holding it up well to allow the wide men to get behind the defence. If we're 1 up away from home, those are crucial attributes. We do admittedly look more mobile than Yengi but he isn't as streetwise as Bishop. We're in the fortunate position of having a viable alternative to Bishop when in past seasons we've had no such luxury.
(14-02-2024, 07:59 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]It's utterly bizarre to be pitting pompey players against each other. It's just moaning for the sake of moaning. Bishop played well in his previous few appearances, linking play and holding it up well to allow the wide men to get behind the defence. If we're 1 up away from home, those are crucial attributes. We do admittedly look more mobile than Yengi but he isn't as streetwise as Bishop. We're in the fortunate position of having a viable alternative to Bishop when in past seasons we've had no such luxury.

If Bishop plays and does well this dickhead will be well pleased. I just want to go up. How we get there I don’t know nor do I care all I want is Pompey to be on our way
I didn't say no one has criticised him.

I said I haven't seen anyone with an agenda.

You are accusing the fans of bullying a player with the intended end result of driving him out of the club.

Really?!
(14-02-2024, 06:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

What a dickhead

Whatever mate

Good  call
(14-02-2024, 08:04 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say no one has criticised him.

I said I haven't seen anyone with an agenda.

You are accusing the fans of bullying a player with the intended end result of driving him out of the club.

Really?!

That's not what this thread is about
Pages: 1 2