TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Rollicking Risible Rapidly Rejuvenated Reading Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(14-02-2024, 02:25 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Dirtyweasel wouldn't be able to resist breaking his cover and calling us a bunch of GLCT's Rolleyes
This has got Ash/Carlin written all over it IMHO.

Oh yes, Carlin.  Remember him, he's the one who made constant predictions that were wrong and thought Doncaster were going places.  Took bets, lost and refused to pay-up.  Big Grin 

There's been some characters on here, who can't forget the other two around that time, Fag End Pete and Reach Around Rudi?
(15-02-2024, 06:09 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Reading would be 9th without the points deductions. At the moment, they are living off a bit of a siege mentality I feel. The players (of which they still have some good ones) are rallying together asa response to the crisis facing the club. It's kind of like Everton earlier this season.

Yes but we are first, so they should fear us not the other way round.

It will be a tough match but we are better so I think we will win.
Pompeyrback. He was a nice guy. Met him up at Leicester to watch pompey when they got relegated. We lost 3-1 but had a great day.
He had good brain for red wine as I remember, lived on the Wirral.
https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191173

The opposition view. A few interesting snippets in there.
(15-02-2024, 11:40 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191173

Shall we take it easy on them as they hate scummers too?  Big Grin
(15-02-2024, 02:05 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2024, 11:40 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191173

Yeah.

4-1

A consolation goal and we can applaud it.
(15-02-2024, 06:35 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah.

4-1

Getting soft in your old age Cunny, or are you just trying to mask your 'pessimism'(?)
(15-02-2024, 06:35 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah.

4-1

Consolation goal fine, but foxley, I didn't see anything in that link to say they hate scummers, only that we do, and that they should technically have a bigger rivalry with us. So tennis balls to them. 4-0  Big Grin
Yeah, 4-0. Fuck em!

Will that do, Tomsk?
4-0 written all over it!

Good morning Tom, good morning Andrew!
Who’s the big fella that does the childish dance?

Makes I larff.
I want to batter them senseless. I haven't forgotten Majeski wanting us folded and their fans waving their £20 notes.

Get fucked, get relegated, get humbled. Cunts.
(15-02-2024, 09:37 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I want to batter them senseless. I haven't forgotten Majeski wanting us folded and their fans waving their £20 notes.

Let's be the better person here slayer!
Hang on, yeah you were right.

We're Portsmouth City, we saved our own club!
(15-02-2024, 10:48 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2024, 09:37 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I want to batter them senseless. I haven't forgotten Majeski wanting us folded and their fans waving their £20 notes.

Let's be the better person here slayer!
Hang on, yeah you were right.

We're Portsmouth City, we saved our own club!

A repeated long and loud rendition would seem a good plan

I’m sure the majority of Reading fans would have been extremely embarrassed.

But I’d like to ram it down the throats of the silly twats who did proffer their cash in our faces.
Dave Kitson has a piece in the Reading Chronicle on Pompey newsnow about how he hid with his kid from 100s of Pompey fans leaving readings place earlier this year. Interesting read but the single comment made by a Pompey fan is interesting and relevant to this thread
(16-02-2024, 05:27 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m sure the majority of Reading fans would have been extremely embarrassed.

But I’d like to ram it down the throats of the silly twats who did proffer their cash in our faces.

TRA LALA LA, LALA LALA LA WHO'S FUCKING LAUGHING NOW!
I guess 'those' at Reading who were quick to jump on the bandwagon might just understand a couple of things now.
A disastrous financial situation can happen to any club.
The fans of the club are not responsible when things like this happen.
Try to be understanding, it might just happen to your club and you'll need friends. 

Don't wish further bad things to happen to Reading I'm sure they have some good fans that don't deserve it.
Reading will get at least a draw tomorrow against us.
At least you're consistent and consistently wrong.
(16-02-2024, 12:52 PM)Trarchus Wrote: [ -> ]I guess 'those' at Reading who were quick to jump on the bandwagon might just understand a couple of things now.
A disastrous financial situation can happen to any club.
The fans of the club are not responsible when things like this happen.
Try to be understanding, it might just happen to your club and you'll need friends. 

Don't wish further bad things to happen to Reading I'm sure they have some good fans that don't deserve it.
Fook em, the sons of pig farmers.
Reading are 5/1 to win tomorrow .... cracking odds for what is a much closer contest than that. 

But Pompey to win 3-1 for me.
How much are you putting on?
I do sometimes bet against Pompey when I am on a losing streak, but not this time.
A little bet every week makes it a little more interesting.

I often back the opposing team, so if we get a win I'm happy and not bothered about the money.
Pages: 1 2 3