TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Rollicking Risible Rapidly Rejuvenated Reading Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pompey are a fantastic side who are top of the league. We are one of the form teams in the country right now.

I think it will be a convincing win.
(16-02-2024, 06:21 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]A little bet every week makes it a little more interesting.

I often back the opposing team, so if we get a win I'm happy and not bothered about the money.

I back Raggett e/w to score every week.

Not many returns this year, but in previous seasons it has been a good litttle earner.
Which end?
(16-02-2024, 06:21 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]A little bet every week makes it a little more interesting.

I often back the opposing team, so if we get a win I'm happy and not bothered about the money.

Just before you modified your post, I saw you post you'd put, not a little bet, but instead, 2k on Pompey losing the game.

I'm estimating that if you've bet a similar amount on your previous 15 predictions, you're about £25,000 down. Glad it keeps you interested though.
(16-02-2024, 08:39 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]

Just before you modified your post, I saw you post you'd put, not a little bet, but instead, 2k on Pompey losing the game.

I'm estimating that if you've bet a similar amount on your previous 15 predictions, you're about £25,000 down. Glad it keeps you interested though.

Well 2k to me isn't a lot but I didn't want to come across as arrogant. I like laying teams to win, which means the opposing team can win or draw. To put it simply for you.

The bookies must love you, winning 4 times from 33.
You'd find it just as interesting and profitable trying to pick a winner. Big Grin
They’re on one over at the Reading forum. Proper upset about something.

I think I like them less and less.
As I’ve already said once, fook em. Silly little market town club.
Of course you bet 2K a week and it isn't much to you. We've seen you before. You didn't pay up last time either.

Still expecting a Pompey result. Bishop to start.

Will be toasting a win tomorrow in a Seville bar.
He admitted being Ash the other week. I don't know why everyone doesn't address him as such.

He owes DeepBlue money.
(16-02-2024, 10:03 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Will be toasting a win tomorrow in a Seville bar.

Have fun!
Deep, how does an e/w bet work on a goal scorer?
(16-02-2024, 11:15 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Deep, how does an e/w bet work on a goal scorer?

You get  one-third of the odds for the e/w bit if he scores one of the first five goals.
(16-02-2024, 10:24 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]He admitted being Ash the other week. I don't know why everyone doesn't address him as such.

He owes DeepBlue money.

When did TB admit to being Ash ?   

I'd say he was a completely different character to Ash, but exactly the same as BlueArmy. 

But yes, Ash owes me (or rather the academy) money as did Jim something or other.
Home to Reading always reminds me of a New Years Day fixture back in the late 70s or early 80s. My ex wife and I had been at Neros for New Years Eve and at least 5 of our players were in there until the early hours. Needless to say they were dogshit in the game which Reading won. Footballers are a somewhat different breed these days. By the way IMO Neros was the best nightclub in town by far
(17-02-2024, 11:26 AM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Home to Reading always reminds me of a New Years Day fixture back in the late 70s or early 80s. My ex wife and I had been at Neros for New Years Eve and at least 5 of our players were in there until the early hours. Needless to say they were dogshit in the game which Reading won. Footballers are a somewhat different breed these days. By the way IMO Neros was the best nightclub in town by far

Only really used to go along after band on Thursday nights, there being strippers!
I liked Hoddys. Far better fun and not as poncy.
We were by far the better side once the goal went in, not so much before that. These sluggish starts are something we really need to stamp out but it does show the fitness of the players that we tend to get better as games go on.
Cunning with 4-1 takes it.
Did you applaud the consolation?
Their fans were total wankers but then we already knew that.
Loved the banter with them. They were getting proper pissed off.
(15-02-2024, 06:35 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2024, 02:05 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2024, 11:40 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]https://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191173

The opposition view. A few interesting snippets in there.

Shall we take it easy on them as they hate scummers too?  Big Grin

Yeah.

4-1

A consolation goal and we can applaud it.

Just had a good read of the reading forum. Hilarious stuff. I especially liked the one that had a rant about our city.

Surely everybody knows we like to give the opposition a head start before we start playing? And Reading didn't accept the invitation.

Absolutely pulverised them second half and great to see.
A strange old game stats wise. Reading had more possession, more shots on and off target and 'won' on XG. It's very rare for us to lose on all those metrics, even more so when the stat that matters was 4-1 in our favour.
I think they accrued most of those stats in the first half hour, when they were getting in behind us with ease tbh. Second half, apart from the free kick off the bar, I thought we looked pretty much in command
(17-02-2024, 06:39 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]I think they accrued most of those stats in the first half hour, when they were getting in behind us with ease tbh. Second half, apart from the free kick off the bar, I thought we looked pretty much in command

Yes it seems like going by what Mous was saying, he worked their pressing plan and from then on there were Pompey chances aplenty which Reading's hapless keeper did his best to assist with.
(17-02-2024, 05:13 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]We were by far the better side once the goal went in, not so much before that. These sluggish starts are something we really need to stamp out but it does show the fitness of the players that we tend to get better as games go on.

I think teams know what we will do so have 20-30 minutes with their special plan before we adjust. Both the manager and also I think Pack who often adjusts his position (as when he covered for Sparkes when he was being targeted). Once we adjust, not many teams in this league an live with us. Bolton for instance gave us a game and then got steamrollered, not many better teams than them in this league. 
As regards the possession stats, Norris was out practicing kicking to the wings well before the rest of the team today.  It was harder during the game as he was being shut down quickly, but it was a clear plan
Pages: 1 2 3