TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Thank you Michael Eisner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I do think we should have a team in the U21/23 league as you say it’s a pathway and also a chance for fringe players to stay match fit. Surely it wouldn’t cost anymore than what the women’s team does.
Yes I think that a B team is the next big investment we need to make on the pitch. It would have come in handy this season to give the likes of Scully, Martin and Whyte among others game time.
(19-02-2024, 11:22 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I do think we should have a team in the U21/23 league as you say it’s a pathway and also a chance for fringe players to stay match fit. Surely it wouldn’t cost anymore than what the women’s team does.

Could have played Martin in the women’s team.
Cunni, when you get a bee in your bonnet…
Chuckle. That’s not me!
Let's hold the thanks until we actually are promoted, and have survived our first Championship season. Don't forget these past seven years of their ownership.
Personally I think the last seven years of the Eisners ownership have been good ( with the obvious exception of the team performances).
Cressers, don't forget the seven previous either when we were within a whisker of having no team to support.
I have at time criticised them, particularly in questioning their ambition and on field investment. In fairness, I cannot see any better alternative and maybe I’ve been wrong. The biggy is if we get to the Championship. As a fan owned model, the level of investment needed to survive in that division might have been beyond us. Time will tell.
Continued investment in the club infrastructure and over time in the team. I just don't remember a better owner in my lifetime. Even Mandaric didn't invest to this level without leveraging debt.

As for the academy, waste of money to go full on U21 and U23. Let the rich teams do it and then buy the best prospects that don't make the top grade, it's far cheaper. Bottom line says it does not make financial sense .
(20-02-2024, 04:56 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]I have at time criticised them, particularly in questioning their ambition and on field investment. In fairness, I cannot see any better alternative and maybe I’ve been wrong. The biggy is if we get to the Championship. As a fan owned model, the level of investment needed to survive in that division might have been beyond us. Time will tell.

Not another one being wrong?

Hopefully, I can own up to being wrong about Kamara pretty soon.

Martin is shit!
Much improved catering. I wonder if it will ever be reported how much more money is coming in on catering compared to before lock-down.
(20-02-2024, 05:49 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Much improved catering. I wonder if it will ever be reported how much more money is coming in on catering compared to before lock-down.

Anyone know if we get the money from the increased food sales, or is the club's income just the money Piglets pay for the franchise ?   If the queues are anything to go by the sales have definitely increased in the past few years.
The queues are usually long because of the ineptitude/ under trained/ leaderless staff serving . It’s always been the same, piglets or otherwise.
(20-02-2024, 05:29 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Continued investment in the club infrastructure and over time in the team. I just don't remember a better owner in my lifetime. Even Mandaric didn't invest to this level without leveraging debt.

As for the academy, waste of money to go full on U21 and U23. Let the rich teams do it and then buy the best prospects that don't make the top grade, it's far cheaper. Bottom line says it does not make financial sense .

The caveat for that plan is no reserve team football, which imo is important to have. Some of our players have come in after virtually no game team & have looked rusty (Swanson). 
Someone will know I'm sure but its only either Cat2 or Cat1 Academies that get to play in the reserve league?
I do agree that as things stand the plan is as you suggest to cherry pick those released from other academies, but eventually surely we want to produce our own?
(20-02-2024, 06:32 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-02-2024, 05:29 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Continued investment in the club infrastructure and over time in the team. I just don't remember a better owner in my lifetime. Even Mandaric didn't invest to this level without leveraging debt.

The caveat for that plan is no reserve team football, which imo is important to have. Some of our players have come in after virtually no game team & have looked rusty (Swanson). 
Someone will know I'm sure but its only either Cat2 or Cat1 Academies that get to play in the reserve league?
I do agree that as things stand the plan is as you suggest to cherry pick those released from other academies, but eventually surely we want to produce our own?

We don't do too badly at producing our own players as it is, with the likes of Ward, Webster, Wallace, Chaplin etc. 

I think I'd agree that any additional spending to improve on that may not be a wise investment.
(20-02-2024, 06:46 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

We don't do too badly at producing our own players as it is, with the likes of Ward, Webster, Wallace, Chaplin etc. 

I think I'd agree that any additional spending to improve on that may not be a wise investment.

DeepBlue, that was then, we're talking about now under Tornante. Going by what Michael said in his sales pitch I'm willing to believe he was totally naive @ the costs of running a Academy-fair enough. And I agree for the time being what i said above. But reserve team football & a better Academy go hand in hand. Hopefully longterm we will start to produce really good academy players.
(20-02-2024, 05:59 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-02-2024, 05:49 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Much improved catering. I wonder if it will ever be reported how much more money is coming in on catering compared to before lock-down.

Anyone know if we get the money from the increased food sales, or is the club's income just the money Piglets pay for the franchise ?   If the queues are anything to go by the sales have definitely increased in the past few years.

Pretty sure that this has been outlined in the chief exec's interviews, ie significant uplift and I think he gave the % increase year on year of catering income.

I think the sticking point is that if we produce good players, the prem can cherry pick them with no way of preventing it.

The costs involved and the space required are also very difficult unless we can expand the "Roko" site. Both Caitlin and Cullen have outlined the requirements and they are astonishingly excessive to some one bought up when most of us on here were. 

With a dome being named as on the development list coming soon, then we can all see the lit being ticked off a bit at a time.
Im grateful for the works carried out on Fratton Park but let's be clear here; the stadium is still not suitable for our needs. Little legroom with fans packed in like sardines, pillars in the way and only a 20,000 capacity. The capacity is the biggest issue, its too small. Too many pillars too. 

Oxford at home next Saturday is soldout as is the Derby home game on April the 1st. Well over a month away.

Hopefully a new North Stand will rectify some issues re capacity and pillars. A capacity increase is needed very quickly as we can't just keep plodding along with a 20,000 capacity stadium.
I am perplexed why some on here continually doubt the quality, ambition , loyalty and honesty and truth of the Eisners ownership of Pompey ?

Why do some doubt their credibility when time over they have done - completed - and then done again what they originally said, and set out to do. And all achieved without a massive disruption, and an associated shortfall of revenue,  they have developed FRATTON PARK in all aspects to a degree not seen since I can recall. 

Ask yourself WHY ?  - answer :- they have developed this infrastructure, and capacity to generate revenue, to generate revenue to support team enhancement and, hopefully Promotion.

If you do not acknowledge their business acumen and ability then you are lacking in any meaningful knowledge of business management, and if you do have any superior business acumen then you might be misemployed. 

There ownership is a text book demonstration of providing  the necessary credibility and sustainability of running a third tier side and pushing for elevation

They have prioritised the necessary, the main needs , the core solutions, before they have set out to climb the pyramid. Memories of the Gregory's and Deacon and the later debacle (s) are still vivid. If anyone prefers something else then there are clubs to the West and to the East of us on the south Coast. p.s ( More information might be available in the TITCHFELD area  ! )

However you will find that all of them COMBINED have not threatened the overall PFC trophy haul!

Please respect the Eisner's for delivering on what they promised, on what they have achieved, and the promiser of what WILL be achieved in the months, and years to come.

Rant over -  PUP.
I see you made a slight dig at me in your post. How original. Not. Titchfield is Pompey, by the way.

I am a very successful businessman, and i can point out many positives and negatives of the owners reign so far. I feel I am in a better position than most on this board to do so. I can't be bothered debating with people like you though firqdays because you can't see both sides of an argument. Many people on this board cannot look at things objectively.

Fratton Park has been tarted up but it's still sub standard at the moment. The academy setup is pathetic too, and that falls on the owners. End of.
Ignore the dribblings of the scummer WUM. Admin must still have traffic targets to hit.
Just click on his name and select ignore posts and then he’ll eventually crawl away.
Hope this helps.
BTW I don’t know what TB posted but it’ll be some sort of negative bollocks.
(22-02-2024, 12:08 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Ignore the dribblings of the scummer WUM. Admin must still have traffic targets to hit.
Just click on his name and select ignore posts and then he’ll eventually crawl away.
Hope this helps.
BTW I don’t know what TB posted but it’ll be some sort of negative bollocks.

It's good advice.
(22-02-2024, 11:35 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I see you made a slight dig at me in your post. How original. Not. Titchfield is Pompey, by the way.

I am a very successful businessman, and i can point out many positives and negatives of the owners reign so far. I feel I am in a better position than most on this board to do so. I can't be bothered debating with people like you though firqdays because you can't see both sides of an argument. Many people on this board cannot look at things objectively.

Fratton Park has been tarted up but it's still sub standard at the moment. The academy setup is pathetic too, and that falls on the owners. End of.

Consider yourself ignored from now on.
Pages: 1 2 3