TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Thank you Michael Eisner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I’ve officially ignored him today. What happens if everyone does the same?
(22-02-2024, 11:35 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I am a very successful businessman, and i can point out many positives and negatives of the owners reign so far. I feel I am in a better position than most on this board to do so. I can't be bothered debating with people like you though firqdays because you can't see both sides of an argument. Many people on this board cannot look at things objectively.

Fratton Park has been tarted up but it's still sub standard at the moment. The academy setup is pathetic too, and that falls on the owners. End of.

If you had any business acumen whatsoever you will know that all successful businesses start small & grow sustainably. In PFC case we hit rock bottom under previous owners, nearly went out of business,  but have been steadily growing initially under the PFC Trust & now Totnante. 

The positives far outweigh the negatives under Tornante, you are in no position to argue that. 

The ground is work in progress, once we start to establish ourselves in the Championship I'm sure the North Stand & infrastructure to provide more non match day income will be forthcoming.

Huge amounts have been & will be spent on the training ground - as a founder member of Roko (now PFCHC)  I see it all the time. Over the summer all the player & staff facilities in the Portakabins will be moved in to the main building. There are big plans for new pitches, a dome to enhance the 1st team & Academy training facilities.......etc etc. 

You seem to conveniently forget that we initially only  rented the training pitches off Roko around 8 yrs ago & it has only  been in PFC overall ownership for under 2 yrs.

You cannot just click your fingers & renovate the ground & all the training facilities at the drop of a hat. There's a plan which any solid business will develop over a sensible & sustainable  time scale.

If you don't like it go elsewhere because you're not a PFC supporter let alone a " very successful businessman"
(22-02-2024, 11:17 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]I am perplexed why some on here continually doubt the quality, ambition , loyalty and honesty and truth of the Eisners ownership of Pompey ?

Why do some doubt their credibility when time over they have done - completed - and then done again what they originally said, and set out to do. And all achieved without a massive disruption, and an associated shortfall of revenue,  they have developed FRATTON PARK in all aspects to a degree not seen since I can recall. 

Ask yourself WHY ?  - answer :- they have developed this infrastructure, and capacity to generate revenue, to generate revenue to support team enhancement and, hopefully Promotion.

If you do not acknowledge their business acumen and ability then you are lacking in any meaningful knowledge of business management, and if you do have any superior business acumen then you might be misemployed. 

There ownership is a text book demonstration of providing  the necessary credibility and sustainability of running a third tier side and pushing for elevation

They have prioritised the necessary, the main needs , the core solutions, before they have set out to climb the pyramid. Memories of the Gregory's and Deacon and the later debacle (s) are still vivid. If anyone prefers something else then there are clubs to the West and to the East of us on the south Coast. p.s ( More information might be available in the TITCHFELD area  ! )

However you will find that all of them COMBINED have not threatened the overall PFC trophy haul!

Please respect the Eisner's for delivering on what they promised, on what they have achieved, and the promiser of what WILL be achieved in the months, and years to come.

Rant over -  PUP.

This season is probably the first where the eisners have genuinely gone for it on the pitch. Compare the set up and approach to everything- even with last year. Just an opinion.
As we know only too well from past experiences when there wern't any foundations built to support the top of the building (1st team) you are doomed to fail in the end.

At least now proper training facilities & improvements to the ground are starting to support those 1st team ambitions.

Perhaps Tornante didn't really feel that the right infrastructure was in place up until this season.

When we get promoted - we don't want to be relegated the next season or anytime soon after.
(22-02-2024, 08:16 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]As we know only too well from past experiences when there wern't any foundations built to support the top of the building (1st team) you are doomed to fail in the end.

At least now proper training facilities & improvements to the ground are starting to support those 1st team ambitions.

Perhaps Tornante didn't really feel that the right infrastructure was in place up until this season.

When we get promoted - we don't want to be relegated the next season or anytime soon after.

and they definitely said that, "we do not want to go up and get relegated back." or words to that effect
it wouldn't be surprising if the Academy was closed down - The Women's team has probably had more focus and investment than the U18's & U16's for the last 18 months or so and they don't seem to be able to keep hold of coaching staff for long.

I think the first 'big step' for prospects is U14 when they sign a two year contract - Would Pompey Academy be high on the list for player & parents if there were other options available and knowing pathway is very limited?
(23-02-2024, 03:36 PM)Isley46 Wrote: [ -> ]it wouldn't be surprising if the Academy was closed down - The Women's team has probably had more focus and investment than the U18's & U16's for the last 18 months or so and they don't seem to be able to keep hold of coaching staff for long.

I think the first 'big step' for prospects is U14 when they sign a two year contract - Would Pompey Academy be high on the list for player & parents if there were other options available and knowing pathway is very limited?

I would argue if a parent saw the club had a recognised pathway of age groups up to first team it would make pompey more of a consideration. Their kids have a realistically higher chance of making our team rather than just being treated as a commodity and barely having a hint of a career at a big set up.
Pages: 1 2 3