TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: So how many more points do we need??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After yesterdays strong performance against a decent Reading team, and 72 points on the board with only 12 games left, we're fast approaching that time of the season when we all start thinking about how many more points we'll need to win automatic promotion?

I reckon we might need 95.....made up from 6 wins, 5 draws and 1 defeat.

Based on our form across the whole season so far, that should be achievable.
Pack said they had 2 pts per game as their aim giving us 94. Of course this is always dependent upon who you beat/ lose to. Beat Derby and Bolton and 94 is probably more than enough.
2 per game from here gives us 96 - more than enough IMO
Our run in is very difficult.  Compare that to Derby's.

I am still convinced we will finish 3rd, on around 87 points.

No chance in hell we reach 94 or 95 points with our run in and lack of squad depth at the moment.

Our only chance of going up automatically is that Bolton continue to stutter even when they get their players back.

Our run in is very difficult. Can't see us getting 2 points per game from now on against good sides.

Let's face it, we will get more injuries to add to our already terrible injury list.
(18-02-2024, 01:13 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]2 per game from here gives us 96 - more than enough IMO
oopss.. yes 96 not 94.. enough for certain.
We’ve won 6 out of the last 7. How many of them did you think we’d win?
(18-02-2024, 01:21 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]We’ve won 6 out of the last 7. How many of them did you think we’d win?
I've checked back through Titch's posts - approximately no wins!
(18-02-2024, 01:21 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]We’ve won 6 out of the last 7. How many of them did you think we’d win?

Against lower half teams mostly. We scraped past Carlisle, Port Vale and Fleetwood 0 1.

We have to play some good teams now without even more important players.
Derby look to be without top scorer James Collins for several weeks.
(18-02-2024, 01:23 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
I've checked back through Titch's posts - approximately no wins!

Putting that mug on ignore has been a good decision on my part.
Hey Titch, I backed Bolton to draw against 20th placed Charlton yesterday 6/1
The draws with Northampton & Barnsley paid out well this month also. Big Grin 

Did you enjoy the game yesterday, despite the losing bet?
(18-02-2024, 01:24 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Against lower half teams mostly. We scraped past Carlisle, Port Vale and Fleetwood 0 1.

No easy games in this league as first 25 mins yesterday proved.But our players are good enough to beat anyone as the final result showed.We haven’t lost to any of the top sides yet and they are al dropping points now.Sign of a good side is eking out results when you have to.I was at Fleetwood,Port Vale and Carlisle .In years gone by we would have been lucky to get 3 points in total.This team has the mental strength and ability to win the league and I am in no doubt we will prevail .
We have a very good chance of playing to our strengths as not many of the teams we have left to play will park the bus.

I bet on Pompey winning exactly 5 out of the last six games. Fantastic news that we only drew in one.

I’m going to bet on the next six too. Not sure whether to go for four, five, or all six as wins.

I’ll let you know how I get on.
All six. Wink
(18-02-2024, 01:10 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Pack said they had 2 pts per game as their aim giving us 94. Of course this is always dependent upon who you beat/ lose to. Beat Derby and Bolton and 94 is probably more than enough.

92 or 96, if you mean from here on.
(18-02-2024, 02:45 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]All six. Wink

Not with Raggett playing in defence. We’ve been very lucky to get away with not conceding 5 in every game.
(18-02-2024, 03:01 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2024, 02:45 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]All six. Wink

Not with Raggett playing in defence. We’ve been very lucky to get away with not conceding 5 in every game.

And there was "absolutely zero chance of us getting 17 points from 21"  in the last seven games.  He was right, we didn't get 17, we got 19.

But my favourite stat is  ... 
clean sheets with Raggett playing - 11 
clean sheet with Raggett not playing - 4 

"With Raggett in the team, I think against most teams will score 1 if not 2 goals games against us now, so it will be harder for is to win games. We will keep fewer clean sheets certainly."
.....we safe from relegation yet?
(18-02-2024, 01:16 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Our run in is very difficult.  Compare that to Derby's.

No chance in hell we reach 94 or 95 points with our run in and lack of squad depth at the moment.

Our only chance of going up automatically is that Bolton continue to stutter even when they get their players back.

Our run in is very difficult. Can't see us getting 2 points per game from now on against good sides.

Let's face it, we will get more injuries to add to our already terrible injury list.
But didn't you say score draw was as good as we could get yesterday.
You're full of bollocks.
How do I mute this 'scummer'?

Did you get to the game yesterday?....
Charlton have been our nemesis in recent years, get a result there and I know we are going to do it. Avoid the Charlton curse!
The ‘curse’ only exists at home.
(18-02-2024, 04:13 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2024, 01:16 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Our run in is very difficult.  Compare that to Derby's.

But didn't you say score draw was as good as we could get yesterday.
You're full of bollocks.
How do I mute this 'scummer'?
Just click on the cunts name and select ignore posts
....but then he still pops up all over the place because people respond to him and you're drawn again into his bleak view of everything Pompey.
Pages: 1 2