TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tom Lowery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well we all saw that coming. 

The boy is class but he's made out of glass
What a gut wrencher. He just did not want to step off the pitch, did he?
Doesn't sound too serious according to JM.
That would be a revelation. I think we now generally just assume all injuries are season ending ones now.
It was co a bad tackle but I think he came off as a precaution. I reckon he’ll be on the bench or rested come Saturday.
I've seen some suggesting we sign Lee Evans on a free (midfielder not comedian). But if Lowery isn't a bad injury then no need.
JM said its probably more than a tight hamstring not too too serious. In his opinion.

Let's wait and see.

Hopefully he will be ok.
(13-02-2024, 10:39 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't sound too serious according to JM.

JM has just said he suddenly felt his hamstring tighten up  - he said not the tear like Anjorin or Robertson & he is going for a scan tomorrow . With TM's previous injury history I wouldnt think that any of us expect to see him back very quickly.

If it isn't good news then perhaps they may recall HJW from loan at H & W ........ with Stevenson not expected back for another month then this may be his big chance.
As above, Lee Evans the midfielder is a free agent and a good player.

Hopefully lowery won't be out long.

I would get free agent or two in to help get us over the line.

HJW isn't ready yet and too big of a risk now for us.
Lee Evans has a great CV for a free agent
Nowhere near match fit and an unwelcome injury history.
Lee evans has promotions under his belt even if it’s just another midfielder around the club for training and depth as well as try and earn a deal for next season would be a good option. But is a injury prone player
It's something we need to seriously look at. We can't be sentimental here, if the lad is made of tissue we need to be bringing in a permanent solution to the problem. Hopefully it isn't serious because on his day he's unplayable, but the maths doesn't work if he can only have 3 or 4 of them (and then he's unplayable for the other reason!).
(13-02-2024, 11:00 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2024, 10:39 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't sound too serious according to JM.

JM has just said he suddenly felt his hamstring tighten up  - he said not the tear like Anjorin or Robertson & he is going for a scan tomorrow . With TM's previous injury history I wouldnt think that any of us expect to see him back very quickly.

If it isn't good news then perhaps they may recall HJW from loan at H & W ........ with Stevenson not expected back for another month then this may be his big chance.

Mousinho seems to think he might have dropped a clanger playing him sat and Tues. He's being hard on himself if so. But we signed moxon for this very reason. Just no more injuries please!
No doubt JM brought up the matter of free agent additions in his post match chat with Michael EISNER ,.
We really need to get a free agent or two in to help cover.

The finishing line is in the distance and it would be stupid not to bring in some cover now in CM.

Pay the money and get them in.
(14-02-2024, 11:58 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We really need to get a free agent or two in to help cover.

The finishing line is in the distance and it would be stupid not to bring in some cover now in CM.

Trouble is free agents are usually free agents for a reason.

There is the added complication that they will not be up to speed and we need fully fit players.

Unless the player concerned is outstanding, it would be a real gamble.
(14-02-2024, 12:02 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-02-2024, 11:58 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We really need to get a free agent or two in to help cover.

Trouble is free agents are usually free agents for a reason.

There is the added complication that they will not be up to speed and we need fully fit players.

Unless the player concerned is outstanding, it would be a real gamble.

I'm sure it would not take them long to get their fitness. We just need a few more bodies in.

Lets not forget we have 13 games left now. Not a massive amount.

Hopefully Lowery isn't out for very long but we still need cover.

We have to gamble now, why wouldn't we? It's worth the gamble as opposed to doing nothing at all.

We will get more injuries between now and the end of the season, so let's just get players in who can try and help us.
The last thing we need are players nobody else wants either because they’re crocked or their agents price them out a job. Plus, more importantly, they probably haven’t played for months so won’t be match fit and they have to learn our ‘system’. I’d rather we recalled HJW if we had too.
trust Moxon to come up to speed. Stevenson is back some time soon.
If Raffs is fit and playing then a fit again Swanson could well play in there too. and he is too good not to be playing once fit.
(14-02-2024, 05:23 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]The last thing we need are players nobody else wants either because they’re crocked or their agents price them out a job. Plus, more importantly, they probably haven’t played for months so won’t be match fit and they have to learn our ‘system’. I’d rather we recalled HJW if we had too.

Spot On - You'll only be able to pick up misfits that no other team wants or crocks like that Evans who got injured in October, had a knee operation & won't even finish his rehab at Ipswich until the end of the month- so another month before he is match fit. 

I have seen a couple of  H&W matches recently where HJW  has played (he has been star player in some of the last 10 matches). So although young & inexperienced he is match fit & ready to play if needed.
I thought on Tuesday MOXON had exactly the right attitude.

Yes, he made a few boo-boos but didn't stop trying. He positively grew into the game and will only get match fit with measured appearances.

Glad we have him at this important time.
Probably out for 6 weeks, do we need another midfielder?
No!!!
Tommy Lowery, he’s the man for me, he plays in blue and white he’s fucking dynamite
Pages: 1 2