TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Barnsley v Bolton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big game tonight.

Suppose a draw would be the best result, combined with a few red cards and injuries. There's a lot of bad blood between BFC and BWFC after Barnsley won last season in the play-offs, so could get feisty!

The elephant in the room concerns the potential points deduction for Barnsley following EFL charges from the start of the season - something to do with new part-owners joining the board and investing before they passed the EFL F&P tests. God knows why it's dragged on for so long but am sure Birmingham did something similar a couple of years back and they either had points deducted or were given a suspended deduction. Lots of moaning about the Everton and Forest situation, but this needs sorting asap. 

If Barnsley are to lose points then a win for them tonight would be the best result!

Get your fingers out EFL
Barnsley win is the best result. Barnsley have an easier run in than anyone else, but I have no problem with one team getting closer to us in the league.

Leave Bolton 7 points behind us with a difficult run in.  Derby and Bolton both 7 points behind us with the same games played.

We probably need 15 points from 30 available to finish top 2.
0-0 best result
Match abandoned would be fun having to play another game
Part of me would like to see us and one other team break away from the pack and seal automatic promotion. Would be ideal if we could travel to Bolton without too much pressure of getting a result. Personally not too bothered whether we go up as champions or runner up.
(05-03-2024, 11:40 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Big game tonight.

Suppose a draw would be the best result, combined with a few red cards and injuries. There's a lot of bad blood between BFC and BWFC after Barnsley won last season in the play-offs, so could get feisty!

The elephant in the room concerns the potential points deduction for Barnsley following EFL charges from the start of the season - something to do with new part-owners joining the board and investing before they passed the EFL F&P tests. God knows why it's dragged on for so long but am sure Birmingham did something similar a couple of years back and they either had points deducted or were given a suspended deduction. Lots of moaning about the Everton and Forest situation, but this needs sorting asap. 

If Barnsley are to lose points then a win for them tonight would be the best result!

Get your fingers out EFL

Rumours going around, this is going to be dealt with in May.  Doesn't seem to be any official source.
It does seem very late in the day to be docking points that'll have major implications on Barnsley FC unless the breeches just concern a fine.
If the rumours are true either way, it's really strange given the amount of time that's past?

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/pendin...A6.327523/
Might be worth looking on iFollow
(05-03-2024, 04:03 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]Might be worth looking on iFollow

Thinking about it...but watching a whole game hoping to see a 0-0 draw...
And...watching. Hell of a lot of empty seats and pre-match, a load of kids in two lines waving the players on with what look from a distance like swastikas (red flags, central white circle, something black and liny in the middle). So that's unusual.
Is there a sponsored silence, heard more noice at the local park on a Sunday morning.
1-0 Barnsley
HT Still 1-0 very scrappy game. For a top of the table game the atmosphere is terrible. Peterborough 3-1 up.
Posh doing well.
Barnsley pressing Bolton well but actually its quite a shit game and for a top of the table, it's not delivering off the pitch either.
2-0 now.
2.0 now
2-1 
Peterborough 4-1 now
All Bolton now
Peterborough 5-1 up now with still 30 minutes left
I don't have any strong feeling about the result tonight really. If anything, Bolton winning might be good, Barnsley always have good run at the end of season.
(05-03-2024, 09:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I don't have any strong feeling about the result tonight really. If anything, Bolton winning might be good, Barnsley always have  good run at the end of season.

I'm definitely with Bolton at the moment - 15 mins to go and a Bolton goal for 2-2. I'm also hoping for a last quarter-of-an-hour bloodbath with multiple red cards and injuries.
How did Bolton not equalise there - was a bit like the fracas Saydee saved us from Saturday.  8 mins added time though.
Penalty!
(05-03-2024, 09:42 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Penalty!

2-2   Smile
Penalty to Bolton 2 min left
2-2 yeaahh
Pages: 1 2