TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Agreed Pedalo. Keep turning back and also loose passing. Maybe due to the wind and bobbly pitch but we need to step up and get the three points.
(09-03-2024, 03:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]We are playing with the handbrake firmly on. Every time we have a chance to counter attack, we slowed it down. This encouraged pressure from Blackpool as they got braver, knowing we weren't interested in punishing them for pouring forwards. 

Then comes the red. I couldn't see it on the replay but apparently an elbow?

If we get into 3rd gear, we should win this. They have lost their CB to injury and heir striker to a red. No better opportunity to go on and get 3 points now. Just need to be a little bit braver going forwards 2nd half.

Exactly what Guy was saying on Solent. Far too slow getting forward when they win the ball. Now playing against 10 men need to take the game to them more in the 2nd half. Let's move the ball quicker & get crosses into their penalty area. PUP.
Exeter equalised against Bolton
Derby 0-0 rovers
Barnsley losing.
We win and God really is a blue
ex 2 bolton 1
Bolton now 2-1 down
Derby, Peterbro winning. Lang injured. Bother!!! Need to find a win here today somehow.
Josh Martin to be the match winner?????
Burton 1-1 posh
Yengi must be itching to get 20 mins today.
Too much stop start No rythym! Spaks injured now Yengi on. Let's Go for it!
Not really good enough today. Lacked urgency until late on. Other results mixed plus a couple of injuries. if Lang is out for a while we will really miss him. Still, 5 pts clear, only 9 to play.... must not mess up Tuesday.
2 points dropped but I would've taken just 1 today.
But given the circumstances, its disappointing but still 5 points clear!
Dreadful 2nd half against 10 men. Didn't pressurise then until the last 5 minutes. 2 points dropped.
We are going to regret that
Pompey bottled it today.
(09-03-2024, 05:05 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey bottled it today.

but what happened to that definite defeat you predicted ?
From his home in York or wherever he claims to be.
Would have taken a point before the game but against 10 men definitely 2 points dropped. Didn’t seem to realise there was a win for the taking until last 5 and stoppage time.
(09-03-2024, 05:09 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]Would have taken a point before the game but against 10 men definitely 2 points dropped. Didn’t seem to realise there was a win for the taking until last 5 and stoppage time.

the sending off made it much harder for us to win the game.  Less likely to lose it, but harder to win.
(09-03-2024, 05:03 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]We are going to regret that

No we’re not.

Another point to the good, another game gone, the other results largely going our way.

Win our home games and the job is done.

PUP
I guess it all comes down to the rest of the week. Beat Burton and today is decent. Beat Burton then Peterbro and today is excellent.
(09-03-2024, 05:05 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey bottled it today.

Comedy Gold from The Tit(ch)field Thunderbolt  Big Grin Big Grin

p.s. Personally I would take issue with Moose for not going for it from the start of the second half.
The Ogilvie and Lang injuries could be a serious problem and Sparkes took a knock too. It just got a whole lot trickier.
(09-03-2024, 03:47 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]Rhodes off! Elbow on Raffs

Looked innocuous  to me  though. And the reff was absolutely shite IMO   
Ok we only got a point but imagine how pissed off the Barnsley fans are lol
Pages: 1 2 3